• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor HD 4000

Paul1262

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
I have a Vortex Razor HD 4000 laser range finder that I use out to 600 yards. To date, I have been very happy with this unit and was curious what experience other owners were having beyond that distance.

I have a Vortex Razor HD 4000 laser range finder that I use out to 600 yards. To date, I have been very happy with this unit and was curious what experience other owners were having beyond that distance.

Mu buddy got one a week ago, went shooting last Tuesday. We could range a 36" target at 2000 yards and large rocks past 3000. Only got to play with it briefly but it seems to be a good LRF.

Im very pleased with mine. I have hit houses around 2200yd range. Amazing value for the money

Tango down and Greene. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

not seeing very many pop up for sale used, everyone must be pretty happy with them? Now that you’ve owned it awhile what do you think? Asking because I’m stuck between the vortex 4000 and Nikon 4K. Thanks in advance.

Big reticle but hits farther than I expected. Not sure how big the beam is though.

For not much more you can spring for a Leica.

Reactions: BornLifted
not seeing very many pop up for sale used, everyone must be pretty happy with them? Now that you’ve owned it awhile what do you think? Asking because I’m stuck between the vortex 4000 and Nikon 4K. Thanks in advance.
I have a 4K and a buddy brought out his vortex 4000. It’s reticle is much larger, but glass is much clearer and in ELR it was hitting 2200 yards my 4K in those conditions couldn’t. Overall it seems better built than my 4K and it ranges further.

Reactions: BornLifted
have ranged out to 2400 yards frequently , anything under 2000 is very easy to do and most reliable . pretty happy with mine , except for the "cheap" feeling eye cup . i feel they could of improved the materials used . but other then that glass quality is pretty good for a LRF

I recently obtained a Vortex Razor 4000 and right now I'm still playing with it. Farthest I have ranged so far was a house at 2556 yards across water in very sunny conditions. Manual says that this situation is not ideal, but it still worked and repeatedly. Seems like everything else I ranged under 2000 yards was a non event, even for smaller objects. Shorter ranges for archery also seemed to be very accurate. I checked a few of my results with Google Earth and they seem to come within a few yards of each other.

I had been focused on the Leica, but the good reports I've read here and other places about the Vortex, and their warranty, sold me on it. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

I recently obtained a Vortex Razor 4000 and right now I'm still playing with it. Farthest I have ranged so far was a house at 2556 yards across water in very sunny conditions. Manual says that this situation is not ideal, but it still worked and repeatedly. Seems like everything else I ranged under 2000 yards was a non event, even for smaller objects. Shorter ranges for archery also seemed to be very accurate. I checked a few of my results with Google Earth and they seem to come within a few yards of each other.

I had been focused on the Leica, but the good reports I've read here and other places about the Vortex, and their warranty, sold me on it. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Lol, I have been looking at the Leica 3500.com, as well as the Vortex 4000. Leica has the connection with A.B, which gives it a big + but it's also $1200 when the Vortex is at $500 with the best warranty on the market (and the top of the line Vortex DO NOT break more than any other primo brand). I did not have a chance to try the Leica yet but the Vortex is definitely a good bang for the buck. I'll keep on looking if someone as a Leica 3500.com that I can check to compare. So far my Sig 2200 ranged houses @ 2000 yards which isn't bad but it sometimes fail to range closer smaller targets, depending on the forecast. The Vortex 4000 is definitely a big improvement over the Sig 2200.

I have been using mine for about 2 months and an very pleased with it.

Forgot to mention that I got the Vortex 4000 from Midway with a $50 off promotion. It was the second time in about four months (first time was at Eurooptic) that I saw it reduced. One more reason why I bought it.

So I just picked up a Razor HD 4000 and had it a few weeks. I’ve been able to range street signs out to around 1,500 yards with instant range return, which is the farthest I can find around me.

One question though, how are you guys ranging smaller targets?

I went shooting on Monday and set up a 66% IPSC at 600 yds. Picked that up no problem. My second target was an 8” circle that I set up at an unknown distance. I ended up getting a range of 470 yards but because the reticle is kind of big it took a minute or so to find the sweet spot and I believe I had to use “First” mode. I tried lining up the t-post with the bottom reticle hash mark which seemed to get it done after several tries.