• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD LHT Reticles

Blackrifle1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I'm looking for input on the new Vortex Razor HD LHT scopes.......the 3-15x42 and the 3-15x50, which offer different reticles. The rifle is a light 6.5 creedmoor bolt action rifle mainly for hunting (some target shooting) and I want a light scope. This scope is the one I have chosen, just need pros and cons of the 2 different reticles on what is a better option and why so I can decide. Need MIL reticle. Distances will most likely be 25 yards to 300 yards for hunting, maybe a little longer for some fun target shooting. Conditions could be any, never really hunted before. Thank you

Last edited:
For a pure hunting rifle out to 500-600 yds I prefer the G4. Put the dot where you want the bullet to land... If further the reticle provides decent holdovers.

I just picked up the 42mm in the other mil reticle but only because I wanted the lightest version. I have several of the previous version with the G4....

Eurooptic has the 50mm versions with the reticles that are only offered on the 42mm version direct from Vortex. They have them for a very good price as well if that influences your decision. I have the one linked below and am very happy with it.

Eurooptic has the 50mm versions with the reticles that are only offered on the 42mm version direct from Vortex. They have them for a very good price as well if that influences your decision. I have the one linked below and am very happy with it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm looking to trade into your shoes.