• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD or S&B PMII 3-12X50

18Echo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
Maricopa Co., AZ
Okay, which would you choose?

Brand new Vortex Razor HD or a used S&B PMII 3-12 x 50 illum w/mil-dot that has been kryloned? They are both the same price.

Re: Vortex Razor HD or S&B PMII 3-12X50

For the same price, I'd get the S&B other than the fact that I prefer more magnification than 12X. The reasons are mainly the S&B has a long track record for it's ruggedness, quality of the adjustment mechanism, and quality of the glass. I have the S&B 4-16x42 and the 5-25x56 PMIIs and both are fantastic scopes. The 5-25's magnification is great for shooting small targets. The 4-16 works well also and is more compact. The glass quality is right up there with the best, but that's of secondary importance to me. The most important is the clicks are positive, crisp, and repeatable. The 3-12 PMII will be the same, just with a different magnification range.

Truth be known they only thing that is making this decision a little tough is the only 12X magnification on the S&B, otherwise it really wouldn't be that much of a decision.

Plus, I'm wondering how hard it would be to remove the krylon from the scope and knobs, without jacking up any internals/gaskets from the acetone.

S&B. That 3-12 is a great scope. F Krylon, that shit will come off if you don't want it there.

Acetone won't hurt anything. Just wouldn't go dunking it in a tank of it.