• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD VS Nightforce NXS

bergman0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2014
Malvern, PA
I am looking to buy either a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 or a Nightforce NXS 5.5-20x56. I'm going to put it on a 7mm rem mag and was wondering if I could get some input before I make such a major purchase. They will cost me the same amount so money isn't an issue on which one is cheaper.

Thanks everyone

Semper Fi

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
In my very limited experience I will comment on what I have seen between the two pieces of glass. I have an ATACR and my friend has the HD. They are both great IMO. The difference we see between the two is the HD seems to have more Pop or a crisper image in the full sun and the ATACR seems to limited the amout of light to some degree. We think it is due to a lense coating. However on a cloudy day, dusk or dawn the NF glass seems to have a more crisp image.

We have compared them at 11 pm at night with a full moon and the NF is far superior.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
From my experience having owned both I will tell you that the Razor dominates the NXS series in almost every single aspect. Image quality you can tell an immediate difference with the Razor being clearer brighter and crisper in any lighting situation.

In my very limited experience I will comment on what I have seen between the two pieces of glass. I have an ATACR and my friend has the HD. They are both great IMO. The difference we see between the two is the HD seems to have more Pop or a crisper image in the full sun and the ATACR seems to limited the amout of light to some degree. We think it is due to a lense coating. However on a cloudy day, dusk or dawn the NF glass seems to have a more crisp image.

We have compared them at 11 pm at night with a full moon and the NF is far superior.

NSX line is not the ATACR. Big difference. The Vortex Razor will have better glass than the NSX line without a doubt.