• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex rifle scopes

Hathcock1223

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2014
Does anyone have any experience with a vortex viper pst I am looking into some lr scope and I see this one seems to be a good value

I have two pst's in ffp and I like them for hunting, but the thick crosshairs when at max power makes it hard to do precision paper target shooting.

Have 6-24 viper ffp pst mrad. Great scope an reticle. Use it on steel, paper and for hunting.

Very reliable great tracking and good glass

Here's my 2 cents on vortex scopes.
First one I owned was a 2.5-10 FFP and I have been very impressed with it. The glass is the best out of all of the PST line for some reason. (quoted directly from vortex). still have this one! I was so impressed I bought the 4-15 PST FFP for my ar-10, big mistake that thing sucked bad. I was comparing it to my Leupold mark 4 FFP 6.5-20 and it was night and day in clarity. So fuzzy I couldn't even clear up the target. Sent it back to Vortex they said it was fine. So that one is gone. Next my cousin bought the 6-24 FFP model and that one is a decent amount clearer but still not as good as the Mark 4. For that comparison I used the 8-25 FFP Mark 4 so it was in the same magnification range. Not trying to sound like a mark 4 fanboy here just telling you what difference's we noticed.

Post Removed.

I will send my scope in to Vortex for them to look at prior to posting anything. My scope is several years old and it is possible it has been abused. :)

Last edited:
I bought a 6-24 FFP Mrad and it tracked correctly but the windage adjustment knob, once zeroed, was WAY out there. No idea as to why but it was. On max power the reticule was a bit thick for my liking but for the time I had it I liked it. I sold it and went back to a NF though.