• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex rings = Seekins Precision?

Re: Vortex rings = Seekins Precision?

Yes, 30mm Vortex rings are made by Seekins, from my super secret internet rumored sources.

Actually, if you call either company I'm sure they'll tell you, it's obviously not a secret given the design.

As far as the 35mm I'm not sure who makes those for Vortex, I don't think it's Seekins at this time.

Thanks, I just needed some confirmation :p

I wonder who does the 35mm..

We are making 30 and 35mm rings marked vortex on the cap. If they look like our rings they are, its not a secret
smile.gif

The Vortex 35mm Low are not Seekins Rings (unless Glen totally changed his design and material). They are steel, use a mounting nut and look much closer to the Valdada, but are marked "Made in USA" on the box.

I have the Lows on the AE. I actually need to try to switch them out with the Medium rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Vortex 35mm Low are not Seekins Rings (unless Glen totally changed his design and material). They are steel, use a mounting nut and look much closer to the Valdada, but are marked "Made in USA" on the box.

I have the Lows on the AE. I actually need to try to switch them out with the Medium rings. </div></div>

There are two versions of the 35mm Ring. One is Seekins.

There is actually THREE types. That is why I said "LOW" rings.

The Medium and Highs are totally different.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Low</span>
rac_rings_rzr_35-t.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Medium</span>
rac_rings_pmr-35-95_r-t.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">High</span>
rac_rings_pmr-35-126_r-t.jpg

As you can see the first is a totally different design from the others.

Not to confuse you, but the 35mm rings we make for vortex are

35mm .95" (our low's, Vortex mediums)
35mm 1.26" Vortex high's.

We also make 30mm rings for vortex..
30mm .87" (our mediums, Vortex Lows)
30mm .97 (our High's, Vortex medium)
30mm 1.26" (vortex high)

Glad Vortex went with your company Glen. I have not seen any of your work that I was not impressed with.

Too bad Vortex sent me the non-Seekins Rings with the Razor. I would have much rather had the Seekins .95" rings for the evaluation.

Thanks Bill, We did some 30mm rings for them that are 1.26 with the same design, I build rings for D. Tubb in 34mm that are 1.25", same design and our new AR rings when they come out will also be the same