• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Rings

Re: Vortex Rings

Mike at CS Tactical said they look very similar to the Burris XTR rings. That said he said he would stay away from them if you can unless it is going to be a budget build. Just go with TPS I would say with just $20 more: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/1699083.htm I am not saying I have tried them, I am just kind of relaying the email I got from Mike, that is all.

Thanks for the response MacBud. I spent about all I could spend right now with the Viper scope. I would have got the TPS rings but I had a limited budget so I went with the Vortex. I hope this was not a mistake.

I understand, I am all for Vortex scopes, I spent all my money on a Vortex Viper 4-12x40 so I definitely am in your situation. Tell me how they work!

The 35mm Vortex rings are excellent quality. Don't have any time with their 30mm rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 35mm Vortex rings are excellent quality. Don't have any time with their 30mm rings. </div></div>

+1 the Razor HD rings are badass. I would say they're as nice as anything I've ever used. I wish they'd have some that high quality done in 30mm.

I got my rings mounted up and have been out shooting several times this week. Overall I believe they are a good deal but have noting to compare them to since I have never had a 30mm tube before. There were a few cosmetic issues but I am not concerned about that. They were not as hard to mount as I thought they would be for having six screws per ring. It only took two tries to get the scope level. The rings have remained tight but I am only shooting a 243. I know there are much better products out there but for a budget they are probably hard to beat. Now if I can just to where I can break mils down into quarters I will be in good shape.