• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Scope & ADM Mount Combo

powereng

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
West Michigan
I called both Vortex and ADM with this question, but neither could give me a postive answer. I would like to mount my Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 scope in the ADM Recon mount with the 20MOA cant. I'm wondering with this combo will the scope have enough elevation adjustment to sight the rifle in at 100yds. The whole set up will be going on a Noveske N6 with 18" barrel. The max distance I can currently shoot is 800yds.

Anyone else run a similar set up?

My other option is a Larue LT-158 mount with 10MOA cant. Nothing against Larue, I have just heard a lot of good things about ADM on here, so I figured I'd give them a try.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Vortex Scope & ADM Mount Combo

I don't see how you'd have a problem zeroing it at 100 yards. Also don't see why you'd need an additional 20MOA on top of what the scope has in order to get to 800.

Like BCP, I don't think you'll have a problem. However if you want a real world test, I got my PST 4-16x in this week and my ADM 20 MOA mount will be here next Wednesday so I will be able to give you a definitive answer in just over a week (I can only get to the range on Saturday/Sunday.

I am very sorry that no one was able to answer your question. A lot of us were in and out of meetings all week and some out of the office. If you ever have any technical questions you can contact me here or at- sparks at vortexoptics.com - . I am very surprised that who ever you talked to didnt put you through to my voice mail or one of the other guys vm.

Anyways, that set up should work just fine. Like I said though if you have any questions shoot me a PM or email and we will get it taken care of.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see how you'd have a problem zeroing it at 100 yards. Also don't see why you'd need an additional 20MOA on top of what the scope has in order to get to 800.</div></div>

+1

Doesn't the 4-16 have like 85 MOA of travel? You should be fine with or without the 20 MOA base with any load I've ever seen.

Thanks for all the replys guys. My original question stems from something I read here on the Hide. I'm just getting into long range shooting and have been doing a lot of reading. Sometimes its hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Scott - The young lad (he sounded young at least) I spoke to on the phone way very nice, but he was hesitant to give me a positive answer to my question. No problem, we all have to learn somehow. Thanks for your reply though.