• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex SPARC AR Red Dot Sight

Chace grubb

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2023
South Dakota
Just curious on everyone's opinion.

I read lots of reviews and comparisons about the Vortex SPARC AR. Just wondering why everyone hates on it so much? I've shot with it a couple of times and think it's an awesome little red dot.. seems extremely durable, great glass quality, unbeatable customer service and warranty, and updated ones have 50k battery hours.. I would say the only con is no shake awake..

What are y'all's thoughts?

If you like it, why worry about everyone else's opinion.

I tried one, but my astigmatism made it useless for me.

I put one on my dedicated .22 upper and have no complaints. The battery life is not near as good as some red dots but it seem like a good quality sight. I don't leave my red dots on all the time and the sight is mainly for plinking. I scoped the .22 so now the SPARC AR is on a 5.56 upper and it does well there too. The major selling points for me were the Vortex warranty and that I've been happy with my other Vortex products.

Attachments

• fca3e5fefca95f3bd91a510eb561b618.jpg
    fca3e5fefca95f3bd91a510eb561b618.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 67
I disliked the drastic parallax in the few I have used. Otherwise they are decent budget red dot.

Reactions: Darryle
My buddy bought one for his heavily used/abused AR. It failed to hold a zero after a couple sessions. Vortex promptly replaced it and not a hiccup yet.

Reactions: Darryle
EO has these for like $110 right now. Smoking deal if you need to put sights on a bunch of guns.

Reactions: AMGtuned
EO has these for like $110 right now. Smoking deal if you need to put sights on a bunch of guns.

I bought 2, like 4 months ago, on the same promo. FDE ones were $105. I have one from many years ago, that has at least 1k 5.56, and 1k 6.5g under it, no malfunction.