• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 vs. Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44

KST762

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2023
FIN
Exploring optic options for a 16" .308 gas gun, price cap would be at about 1000€. Not that much into long range competing for now, rifle would be mostly for DMR larping. Have good experiences so far with Vortex products, i have PST Gen II 5-25 for my 300WM long range rig & Venom 5-25 for .22LR trainer.

Anyone here with knowledge considering the optics mentioned in the title, how are these two comparing? I could snag the PST for 900€ & the Strike Eagle for ~700€ with discount, is there 200€ worth a jump in glass quality?

Other options in that general price point and mag. range ofc welcome, limited to what we can get here in the EU. I have researched a bit into Element Optics & Primary Arms but have not really had any real life experiences with those, relying solely on the paid advertisers on YouTube. Element Titan appears as a valid option in paper but at its price point, i would propably just pick the PST Gen II since they are a better known brand for me.

Thanks in advance, shoot straight!

The turrets on my strike eagle 5-25 are the worst of any scope I’ve ever owned. Can hardly feel the clicks, very mushy. Worse than cheaper vortex scopes I’ve owned in the past. Maybe I just got a bad one but I wouldn’t buy another strike eagle. You can do better for under 1000 of whatever that funny looking dollar sign is.

The turrets on my strike eagle 5-25 are the worst of any scope I’ve ever owned. Can hardly feel the clicks, very mushy. Worse than cheaper vortex scopes I’ve owned in the past. Maybe I just got a bad one but I wouldn’t buy another strike eagle. You can do better for under 1000 of whatever that funny looking dollar sign is.
Euros, I believe.

Reactions: lastshot12
The PST is a better scope hence the higher price. Of the two the PST would be the better one.

Reactions: YotaEer
The PST is the way to go. there was a similar post about this some time ago.

Reactions: KST762
The PST is the way to go. there was a similar post about this some time ago.
Thanks, how did i miss that thread. Tried to search if one have been made already.

I prefer the pst over the strike eagle once owned. Glass was slightly better and more tactile turrets.

The PST should be a superior scope, but for the money, I've been very happy with the Strike Eagle 3-18x44. To me, it is a very good general purpose scope. It has every feature I was looking for, including the max elevation range which is more than double what the PST has.

Reactions: KST762
Yes, that is kinda obvious. Sorry if i shaped the thread too confusing.

I'm not confused but I thought if what was obvious wasn't understood then it needed to be pointed out. If it was understood then why the question? Always go with the most scope that you can afford, you'll save yourself money and hard ache in the end.

I'm not confused but I thought if what was obvious wasn't understood then it needed to be pointed out. If it was understood then why the question? Always go with the most scope that you can afford, you'll save yourself money and hard ache in the end.
I don't mind a hard ache every now and then.

You Should seriously consider one of these…..

IMG_0066.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
I like my SE. Glass is obviously not as good as the Viper, but I think it’s a great scope for the money.

Everyone knows you should only buy Quigley-Ford optics... Nothing else even compares.
You do have to have your bow kills (200 minimum) verified by the company in order to get approved to buy one, though. Working in concrete will also help.

You do have to have your bow kills (200 minimum) verified by the company in order to get approved to buy one, though. Working in concrete will also help.
I heard they were planning on releasing a third focal plane scope...It's both a FFP and SFP at the same time...

I heard they were planning on releasing a third focal plane scope...It's both a FFP and SFP at the same time...
Nah, that’s ancient tech to such a forward thinking company as QF. They’ve moved on to inter dimensional focal plane, where it opens a wormhole in space-time between your eyeball and the target.

Reactions: lastshot12