• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

vortex strike eagle 5-25 vs venom 5-25

Nosteponsnek

Senior lance corporal
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Lynden,washington
I'm looking at getting another scope and was wondering if there is a deference in quality at all between the 2 listed above. I already have the strike eagle and know that the venom does not have illumination but, is there and difference in glass quality or anything else that you have noticed if you have handled both or done a side by side comparison

Looking at the specs the Strike Eagle has a wider field of view and more internal elevation adjustment. The Venom does not have locking turrets like the Strike Eagle either.

Major differences is the Venom has less elevation, no locking turrets and no illumination. Also the glass is better on the SE. Both have the same type of zero stop. The Venom is a step up from the Diamondback Tactical but below the SE.

SE on left, Venom on right.
IMG_1635.jpg

I saw this quoted post in another forum&
thread as it pertains to the glass directly to Vortex:

Emailed question:
...Comparing the glass ONLY (all of the glass in each of these scopes) of the 5-25x56 Strike Eagle (SE-5-25X56) and the 5-25X56 Venom (VENOM-5-25x56 FFP) rifle scopes: Are they a) identical or b) not identical. If not, which scope has glass with superior image resolution? Scope mechanical features, weight, adjustment range, image color and other scope features NOT considered. Thank you.

Vortex Rep' Response:
Thank you for reaching out! If I can be completely honest with you, it depends who you ask. I believe the Venom has a slight edge over the Strike Eagle, but some of my coworkers think that the Strike Eagle has a slight edge for clarity, resolution, and edge to edge sharpness! So they are very similar in optical quality! I would recommend if possible, to check them out yourself and see what looks better to you! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Reactions: WeeHooker
I have both. I put the Venom 5-25 on my Bergara B14R for PRS rimfire competition and use it a lot with no issues. The SE is on my 224V AR upper. I cannot "see" optical clarity difference between the two. When I needed another less expensive rifle scope, I bought another Venom as I tend to not use illumination nor did I want the locking caps.

Reactions: WeeHooker
thanks for the clarification everyone I've looked at the specs and there is a difference I think I'm going to spend the extra $100 and get the striker eagle I like the locking turrets and the illimitation and the larger field of view.