• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

vortex strike eagle

flybrandon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2009
Rayville,LA
Does anyone have any experience with the New Vortex Strike Eagle.. Ive run several of the Gen 2 PSII scopes and really like them. How does this one compare? Its obviously less expensive, how is the quality?

Thanks

Reactions: HowiePb82
I'm running an OPMOD edition (FDE color) of the Strike Eagle 1-6 on SCAR 16S and 17S rifles. Zero issues to date and quite a few rounds through each.

I have Strike Eagle 5-25 Mil/Mil EBR7 reticle. The glass is pretty good quality for the money. The turrets track true and have good positive clicks. I took it out to 900yds bc that’s what we had to shoot. & I’m pretty sure it has more travel than new PST’s. Strike Eagle has 31mils of travel. Great value for the money 👍

Attachments

• 3370E955-16AD-4738-82BC-05BB2AF27175.jpeg
    3370E955-16AD-4738-82BC-05BB2AF27175.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: dski
My problem with it is the zero stop screws you and limits the elevation to 47moa instead of the "110" or whatever. So basically if you shoot past 1k yards you can't use the zero stop unless you're cool with doing like 30 moa holdover.

My problem with it is the zero stop screws you and limits the elevation to 47moa instead of the "110" or whatever. So basically if you shoot past 1k yards you can't use the zero stop unless you're cool with doing like 30 moa holdover.
That was my hang up with it as well. Stuck it on a large frame ar as a deer rifle, all shots under 300 so don't really need to be dialing. Set my zero and locked the turrets

Do you have 20 or 30moa scope rings or base?

Generally when you mount your scope you only have half of the full amount of travel. Say if it’s 110moa of travel, you’ll only have 55moa up and 55moa down that’s why you get 20,30,40moa bases so you can get full amount of travel out of your scope then set zero stop. That way you have 75, 85, and or 95moa of travel out of the full 110moa. Those numbers are just example.

Reactions: 6gunner
Guys it's a known issue with that zero stop 100% it stops at 47 moa base has nothing to do with it.

It's not an "issue". Just a spec. With the mil version you get 18 mils with the zero stop which is more than a lot of scopes have total. You can run it on a 40 moa base and then no need for the zero stop and you will have a lot of up elevation if you need that much.

You guys had me second guessing so I dialed my Strike Eagle. With a 30MOA base I dialed 26.5mils of elevation up sooo must be an MOA thing 🤷‍♂️ The scope is showing 31mils of adjustment just as advertised 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 6gunner and Rob01
You guys had me second guessing so I dialed my Strike Eagle. With a 30MOA base I dialed 26.5mils of elevation up and 4.5mils down sooo must be an MOA thing 🤷‍♂️ The scope is showing 31mils of adjustment just as advertised 👍
The restriction is when you put in the zero stop.

There is no need for the zero stop in that combo. That’s the point. You can set the rifle up to run the scope without the zero stop of 18 mils isn’t enough for your use.

How are the little 1-6 and 1-8s?

I owned a 1-6x Strike Eagle for a brief time. I did not like it and it was sold off quickly. The eye box was very tight, noticable distortion around the edges of image, and I never liked the reticle. Never tried the 1-8 so I can't comment on that one.

I have NF 7-35, Razor G2's, PST G2's and now some Strike Eagle 5-25's.

Couple of observations:
  1. Really like for my kids guns/ones that don't get shot as much. I just can't afford to drop a NF or G2 on every rifle.
  2. The difference between PST G2 and Strike Eagle is pretty small in glass quality. Much bigger jump from PST up to Razor.
  3. Great scope if you don't need more than 18 mils. For the guns that I have them on, it is just fine.
  4. Like that it comes with an EBR-7c reticle to match the PST and Razors I have. Got rid of all my 2c's. Really wish the 7c had .2 mil hashes on the elevation!
  5. Really like that it comes with zero stop (crazy easy to set...), sunshade, and a throw lever.
  6. Has tracked perfectly for me so far. Mounted on an AR10 in 6.5c, a bolt 6.5c and a CZ455.
  7. Can be found for ~600 with a little searching.
  8. Much better than the other strike eagles I looked at. 1-6, 1-8, 4-24. Different glass and construction.
  9. Going forward, I don't think I will buy any PST's. I'll either go strike eagle or up to a Razor or NF depending on gun/use.
If you are looking for a great budget scope, been happy so far for what it is.

Reactions: DIBBS and Rob01
I have NF 7-35, Razor G2's, PST G2's and now some Strike Eagle 5-25's.

Couple of observations:
  1. Really like for my kids guns/ones that don't get shot as much. I just can't afford to drop a NF or G2 on every rifle.
  2. The difference between PST G2 and Strike Eagle is pretty small in glass quality. Much bigger jump from PST up to Razor.
  3. Great scope if you don't need more than 18 mils. For the guns that I have them on, it is just fine.
  4. Like that it comes with an EBR-7c reticle to match the PST and Razors I have. Got rid of all my 2c's. Really wish the 7c had .2 mil hashes on the elevation!
  5. Really like that it comes with zero stop (crazy easy to set...), sunshade, and a throw lever.
  6. Has tracked perfectly for me so far. Mounted on an AR10 in 6.5c, a bolt 6.5c and a CZ455.
  7. Can be found for ~600 with a little searching.
  8. Much better than the other strike eagles I looked at. 1-6, 1-8, 4-24. Different glass and construction.
  9. Going forward, I don't think I will buy any PST's. I'll either go strike eagle or up to a Razor or NF depending on gun/use.
If you are looking for a great budget scope, been happy so far for what it is.

#3 is true and for most 18 mils is plenty but if you need more put it on a 40 moa base and you will have more up and only a partial turn under your zero so you won't get lost.

Reactions: dski
I owned a 1-6x Strike Eagle for a brief time. I did not like it and it was sold off quickly. The eye box was very tight, noticable distortion around the edges of image, and I never liked the reticle. Never tried the 1-8 so I can't comment on that one.
I had the 1-6. Had the fish eye effect really bad. Sold it quick