• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Strikefire - Who's tried one?

G

I'm finishing up a plinker AR-15 and I'm looking for an inexpensive optic.
Vortex has developed a good name and reputation, from what I can see.
Has anyone tried the Strikefire?

Re: Vortex Strikefire - Who's tried one?

It's not bad at all. I'm rapidly becoming a fan of Vortex products. I have yet to find one that didn't please me.

While some may nay-say, I've found the Strikefire to be as good as higher-priced red dots. Sure, battery life isn't as long and you can say that it's not as tough but I'm not throwing my AR around and beating equipment that I paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars for to death just for the sake of fun. The Strikefire won't replace the Aimpoints that I already have but I'm thinking seriously about putting it on my next AR.

I've had one for a couple of weeks and gotten in a couple days of shooting. Worked very well.

For $130, I can't see going wrong with it.
Just ordered one from B&H. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Doug,
That's a really nice offer.
Unfortunately, I've already placed an order elsewhere.
I did check your pricing beforehand, however.

Maybe next time.

You CAN go wrong with it!

I had mine die on its first outing. Sent it back, got a new one (good customer service) that hasn't had the same problem or any other.

I'd call it "decent."

If you want one, PM me, I've got one in a LaRue mount that I'll sell. It works fine, no problems with this one, I just sold the gun it was mounted on.

I have one and love it. It is the best 150 bucks I have in my S&W M&P15T.

Rancid,
Your PM box is full.
I've got a Strikefire, but may be interested in the Larue Mount, depending on condition and model.
I sent you an e-mail.

Box is cleaned out, sorry.

I'll post pics.

Would like to sell it as a package, but might break it up.

Pics coming soon.

I'm happy with the Strikefire so far.
I took the AR with me to the range this morning. I had moved the scope back one notch on the rail, so I wanted to recheck zero.

The first round was check zero and the next four were shot after an adjustment was made.

The 2 MOA dot covers the shoot n see circle at 100 yards, so I thought this was about as good as I could as for.

223_7-8-09jpg.jpg

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering about my backstop.
The UPS shipping boxes are free with a shipper's account.
wink.gif

I modified an old throw away storm door to make a portable target stand. The box fits between the top rails perfectly, and I have uncut pop rivets sticking out to punch through the cardboard and hold it in place.

ups_stand.jpg

I have one. It works well like most other red dot sights. Accuracy is a non-issue.

One issue I had was that the factory battery died. After a single range session, I stored it in the safe (off) for about 2 months. On the next try, it was dead and the battery had to be replaced.

It was either a dud battery of some form of flaw. If I see a similar problem in a few months, I will send it back. My bet is dud battery since it includes some kind of no-name-brand OEM battery.

--Rootshot

I'm sure it's a cheap Chinese battery from who knows when.
I'll keep a check on mine.