• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

vortex unidapter

RandomWAguy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
PNW
Just picked up a pair of vortex crossfires for spotting and nrl22 fun, looking at this mount for my tripod. Any first hand experience with it? Looked like a much nicer mount than the universal which ive heard mixed reviews about.

Just picked up a pair of vortex crossfires for spotting and nrl22 fun, looking at this mount for my tripod. Any first hand experience with it? Looked like a much nicer mount than the universal which ive heard mixed reviews about.

I wouldn't like that with the adapter staying on the bino's and hanging down. Complete opposite of the Outdoorsman adapter I use, the little stud screws into the bino's and the tripod adapter stays on the tripod. Buy a different set or multiple sets of bino's just buy the studs.

Bino-Adapters_1024x768.jpg

I have the tall one just incase I get some 15x.

Or look at the new RRS mount

I've tried the Vortex, and several other iterations of the same theme. Definitely get something else.
Look at the Outdoorsman, MUTNT, or Field Optics Research. Those three have a feature in common that is a "stud" which stays attached and doesn't poke you in the chest while hanging around your neck. That stud mounts to a center post which stays mounted on the tripod . Not a lot of experience with the three, so can't compare between them; I have only used one of them, but they all seem pretty similar.

The RRS is totally different. If I was going to clamp one lens on my binox, I'd just put it in a pig saddle and turn it sideways. But that's just my opinion.