• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Venom for Base Class?

Steve_Wort

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2023
WA
I know the limit on Base class is $1200 for the Rifle and Optic, but is that the Manufacturers Published Price, or what I can get it for on Amazon? I am trying to determine if I can use a Vortex Venom on my Ruger Precision Rimfire. The Rifle MSRP from Ruger is $619, and the Vortex price for the Venom is $699, but is available for $499 on Amazon? Can I use the Amazon price, or does the Vortex price count, so I have to fall back to a Diamondback Tactical if I stick with Vortex?

Yup it’s always the price on manufacturers web page… There are options tho in the $450 - $500 range. Athlon , Arken , & Element are a couple I’d look at too.

Bushnell Match Pro is another that fits the bill.

Bushnell Match Pro is another that fits the bill.

And a much better scope than the Venom. I would get the Match Pro ED.

Also I thought I saw a recent email that base was going up in 2023/24 season.

Reactions: skyrep
Yeah $1400 would have made base class a little easier being able to get a Bushnell Match Pro at $699 and then a CZ or the like around the same.

Base class is not cost effective. Between sales, used and pro deals, you can buy a MSPR $2000+ beast for under $1200.
Example: PWS (now Volquartsen) Summit Barreled action, KRG Bravo, Strike Eagle MSRP $2289, actual was $1224.

Reactions: ma smith