• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex VIP - Used and Resolved: UPDATE in OP

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
Update:

So I mailed my problem off to Vortex on Monday. That afternoon I received an IM on this site from Dave at Vortex as a result of my original post. He was apologetic and wanted to connect me to Lynette, the Customer Service Manager to make sure my issues were resolved quickly and completely. Shortly thereafter I received an email from Lynette. She was very nice and professional offering to reimburse me for my shipping and promising to get my optic turned around and back to me quickly. I also received an email from Ryan at Vortex. Ryan is one of the 2 guys at Vortex who actually test their scopes on rifles. He asked if I wanted mine to be put thru the paces to insure its 100%. It meant mounting the scope on a rifle so I appreciate them asking before doing so but I was all for it. Ryan assured me he would test the tracking, illumination, and everything else they can test to make sure it was 100%. I certainly appreciated the personalized service I got from Lynette and Ryan. On Saturday, a replacement scope arrived from Vortex. Inside the box was a signed card certifying it had been tested and was GTG as well as a test target where Ryan had mounted it and fired 3 rounds at 100y. Also included in the box was some Vortex swag and a check from Vortex for the cost of my shipping. Looking at the scope, the reticle is straight and the illumination works as designed. I will get it mounted this week and test it this weekend. I have no doubt it will perform well after being personally tested at Vortex. I will say that I am very pleased with the staff at Vortex, specifically Dave (Delta Hotel), Lynette and Ryan. They all took genuine concern and ownership of the problem and committed to making it right. By all accounts they did so. To have back in my hands a fully tested and functional scope in less then 5 business days, I think is excellent. The swag was much appreciated as was the check to cover my shipping. As I said I am a Vortex fan and this situation, while initially frustrating, is proof to me of a great company, not because of their product but because of their people. How companie handle issues tells you as much if not more about them they anything else. This is the 3rd PST in my stable along with a Gen 2 Razor. As my needs expand I will look to Vortex again without a doubt. Thanks guys.

I am really a big fan of Vortex Optics. I currently have 4 of them including a Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 FFP, PST 6-24 FFP, PST 4-16 FFP, PST 1-4. All are MRAD. The issues I am having are with my PST 1-4. Upon purchase the reticle was canted. Frustrating on a new optic but everyone makes a lemon occassionally. I sent it in to Vortex on my dime and waited. The VIP warrantee paperwork says 10-14 working days. I received an email from them saying it was received. I waited and waited. After 3 working weeks I called them. The lady was very nice and put me on hold while she checked into the status. After a few minutes she comes back on the line and tells me that my scope was "lost". Their system shows it was received but there the trail ends. She immediately offered to ship me a brand new replacement. I said thanks but wondered how long they were going to dick around looking for it before letting me know. Remember, their time line is 10-14 days. I waited 3 weeks and then I called them. So the replacement arrives and I check the reticle. It looks nice and straight. I put it in the safe because life was busy at that moment. Well yesterday, after almost 10 weeks I finally get around to mounting it. I take my time and torque it properly, get my eye relief all set. It looks great on my 6.8 Noveske AR in a LaRue SPR 1.5 mount. I probably spent 2 hours getting it dialed in where I wanted it and perfectly level. I took it outside and flipped on the illumination and nothing. Whoops I forgot the battery. No problem, I install a fresh 2032 and still nothing. Damn it. I swap the battery into one of my other PSTs and it works perfectly. Swap a battery from another working optic into this PST and nothing. SHIT. Uninstall the scope, go back online and complete another service request. Box up a brand new PST and get ready to ship it back. I am pretty pissed. I wasted several hours on a sunday and have now paid shipping USPS priority to Wisconsin 2 times and still do not have a working scope. They had better get this thing working correctly. As I said, I am a fan but my patience is being tested. One of the common criticisms of Vortex is that they actually often need their great warrantee. I am feeling that now.

If any one gives a rip, I will update as I seek resolution.

Last edited:
Awesome! So glad we could help. Keep us posted if you need anything else.

Dave