• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 reticle question

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
What is the better choice for hunting and tactical shooting?
Range 200-600 yards.
V-Plex Wide, BDC, Target Dot & Mil-Dot ??
Thank You!

Re: Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 reticle question

I just bought one with a mil dot for my 22-250......It's main purpose is coyote killing, but will be used for target shooting as well. Get a mil, than you got options. If the RF takes a dive, or if you want quick holovers, the mil dot will come in handy.

Is that scope has target turrets ?

Only the newer (unreleased) PST Vipers are target turrets. The rest of the vipers have covered turrets.

Mike

Fisky
How is the quality & performance of the Vortx Viper? I have read some great reviews recently. Most feedback is "Leupold like" performance at a budget price.

Don't know yet, putting it on the gun this weekend. Just got the scope on Tuesday I believe, and the gun yesterday.....From the little comparison I've done so far, the clarity is noticeably better on the Viper compared to a similar power Monarch, not by much though. But I want to get them side by side at the range before I talk too much about them.

From what I've read, the mechanics of the scope are second to none; tracks and holds zero as good as any. I will soon find out I guess....So far, appears to be a great piece of optic.

Will you please share what was the results?
smile.gif

I didn't decide which one I will get, I might get a BDC instead of Mil-dot.

I just noticed a Nikon is 1" and a Viper is 30mm tube. I already have a rings, but it will not fit on Viper. I have a EGW Savage RB (Round Back) Picatinny Tactical Rail Scope Mount on my Savage 10FP.
So what rings I suppose to get? Any idea?

I mean they are selling a low, medium, high, tactical low, tactical medium, tactical high. ????