• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA...

Re: Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA...

I have one on my 308 and have been happy so far. Scope tracks and holds zero well.

I wish it had a little more eye relief, not a big issue on my 308, but could possibly be an issue on a heavier caliber rifle.

Call Scott at Liberty Optics, that is where I got mine. I was very happy with the service I received.

Vortex makes a nice scope. The Viper has good glass quality and the turret clicks are crisp and on target. I agree with Toddks on the eye relief. It is only listed a 3.3"-3.1". What type of shooting are you going to be doing?

I just sold one to buy another IOR scope. I really did like it a lot. No issues whatsoever. Tracked well, good glass, nice reticle. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone. Mine was mounted on a 300 WSM.

The mildot reticle subtends at 14X.

I believe mine has 12 MOA per revolution on the turret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mildot reticle subtends at 14X.

I believe mine has 12 MOA per revolution on the turret. </div></div>

Whoa, that's weird... 12/revolution hmm.. I was just about to order a Viper BDC but that kinda makes me wonder.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Optics Planet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex makes a nice scope. The Viper has good glass quality and the turret clicks are crisp and on target. I agree with Toddks on the eye relief. It is only listed a 3.3"-3.1". What type of shooting are you going to be doing? </div></div>
Would be using it for an open F-class competition my shooting league holds over the summer. Range is out to 600 yards.