• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper gen2 6x25x50, is this a good deal?

matchman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2011
Ohio
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 EBR-2D MRAD (FFP) PST-5257
$699.99

Anyone have any experience with this? Seams like a good price.
Thanks

Eurooptic is the seller.
I've been trying for quite some time to find a modern scope
With glass equivalent to my old Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24x40.
These have all been sent back for not meeting the equal in clarity and brightness and color.:
1.Vortex viper gen 1
2. BURRIS xtr
3. Stenier T5xi (CA issue)
I hoping this gen 2 viper is it.

Last edited:
The gen Ii pst are good scopes. My shooting buddy has a 3-15x44 which compared side by side to my old man’s 5-25x50, the 3-15 is the better of the two. The 3-15x44 is clearer and sharper than the 5-25 on the same magnification. That being said the 5-25 scope does have higher magnification, but it does give up sharpness to the lower mag model.

If you are looking for something else, I have a Bushnell 4.5-18x44 LRHSI for sale in the exchange that’s optically superior to the Vortex PST line and arguably more robust. Take a look and if you are interested PM me and let’s see if we can make a deal.

Going to try the Ares BTR 4.5-27 for $200 less. Roll the dice
Ares...is poor in IQ and eye box. (Reminds me of old K-mart Tasco scops)Sending back. Vortex pst2 is in different class . Its decent. The old elite 4200 is still little better in sharpness and contrast but pst 2 has a more forgiving eyebox its bigger and maby brighter. It's a keeper.

It's pretty must the best option for a 30mm, FFP scope at less than 1k. Best glass, turrets, and overall performance at that price point.

Eurooptic is the seller.
I've been trying for quite some time to find a modern scope
With glass equivalent to my old Bushnell Elite 4200 6x24x40.
These have all been sent back for not meeting the equal in clarity and brightness and color.:
1.Vortex viper gen 1
2. BURRIS xtr
3. Stenier T5xi (CA issue)
I hoping this gen 2 viper is it.