• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper HS-LR FFP XLR reticle?

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
I'm looking for information regarding the MidwayUSA Vortex Viper HS Long Range Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-16x 50mm Side Focus First Focal XLR Reticle.

685554.jpg

xlr.jpg

I'd like to hear from people who have actually used them.

Mine is the 6-24, what a great piece of glass! Short of HD, the glass is extremely clear, the adjustments are clunks (not pussy little clicks), tracks right back to the POA over a 10 MOA box test at 200 yards, and the reticle (plenty of info w/o being cluttered) subtensions are just as accurate.

I've played with a lot of scopes from all across the spectrum; if you're looking for one scope to do everything you need, this model is by far the best bang for your buck on the market today. You get a lot of features on a quality optic for a fantastic price.

BBB

I also have the 6-24 and agree what was said. I have shot pdogs with it so far and one comp and very happy with the performance. even on 6 I find the reticle usable as the cross hairs are visable for close shots. I really like the open center with the dot when stuff gets far and power cranked up. father in law liked it so much he bought one also and both have performed flawlessly.

I've been running the 6-24x version of this scope all year in competitions and have been EXTREMLY happy with it's performance!! I like mine so much I bought a second one to use on my secondary rifle. Every person that has shot my rifle has really liked the scope clarity and reticule design.

It does a ton of things correct from price point, open center with micro dot, 1/2 MOA elevation clicks, windage holds every 1MOA on the horizontal axis, the windage markers are spaced every 2MOA below the horizontal to avoid the "screen door" effect. The reticule is thin (0.1), about 50% thinner than the PST FFP reticule (0.18) which is way too fat IMO. The only negative I have found is that the reference numbers along the stadia is a touch too small to quickly read unless you are at 24x.

I'm a firm believer in having more magnification available when needed rather than needing it and not having it available. Skip the 4-16x and get the 6-24x!! The price difference is ~$50. Also skip Midway and order rom a Hide sponser that has it in stock:

Vortex - Camera Land NY