• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper HS-T

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

Timber to tactical – Vortex’s new Viper HS-T riflescope is sure to dazzle with its feature rich versatility

Middleton, Wis. – Blending many of the best features of Vortex’s incredibly popular Viper HS and Viper PST riflescopes, the new Viper HS-T (Hunting Shooting Tactical) is positioned to be big a hit among hunters, as well as tactical enthusiasts.

Available in 4-16x44 MOA and mrad models, the Viper HS-T boasts an all-new, hashmark-based second-focal-plane reticle, perfect for accurate holds at extended ranges. Mrad reticle hashes subtend in .5 and full-value increments. MOA reticle hashes subtend in 2 MOA increments. Both are set for use at the riflescope’s maximum 16-power magnification.

Incredibly precise, repeatable and durable target-style windage and elevation turrets built specifically for dialing, top off this highly versatile riflescope’s long range performance features. And with Vortex’s CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) system, shooters can quickly re-index their turret after temporary elevation corrections have been made. The HS-T’s 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube ensures ample travel for optimal adjustment.

An ultrafriendly eyebox with generous 4 inch eye relief and fast focus eyepiece gets shooters on targetwith ease. XD (extra-low dispersion) glass guarantees sharp, crisp images from edge to edge. Lenses fully multicoated with Vortex’s proprietary XR coatings offer superior light transmission for optimal performance in critical low light scenarios. Exterior lenses feature ArmorTek, an ultrahard optical coating engineered to protect against scratches, oil and dirt.

O-ring sealed and purged with argon gas for 100 percent waterproof/fogproof performance. Shockproof construction withstands recoil and impact from every angle.

Available: 4-16x44 (VMR-1 MOA Reticle), 4-16x44 (VMR-1 mrad Reticle)
    MSRP: $659

American-owned, Wisconsin-based Vortex Optics designs, engineers and distributes a complete line of premium binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, tripods and related accessories. Dedicated to exceptional quality, value and unrivaled customer service, Vortex backs its products with its unconditional, lifetime VIP-warranty. Built on more than 20 years of experience in the optics industry, Vortex is rapidly emerging as a leading brand in the optics market.

Vortex - The Force of Optics | Vortex Optics - Home

is it basically the same as the pst 4-16x50 sfp but with a smaller objective and no illumination?

I will have one in hand tomorrow. I will take pics and check it out and let you know. I owned a 4-16 pst for awhile. I got this optic for a shorty hunting/play rifle in the works.

I have what I guess is the predecessor to this scope, the HS LR (long range). Basically the same scope with the exception that the windage knob is capped. I wish I would have waited for this to come out. Looks like a decent scope for the price. I am happy with the one I have but would be happier with this model.

Sierracharlie out....

Just got the scope in hand. Very nice optic. I have owned a 4-16 pst before and the glass seems better in this optic. Very nice scope overall and the VMR-1 is nice and thin.

Thanks for the info. Any preference between one of these and a SWFA SS 3-15? Thinking the 2fp reticle on the HS-T might be better suited to hunting at past sunset...

John

So what is the difference between the new HS-T and the older HS-LR? (Both have exposed elevation turrets.)

glad i didnt buy an hs lr.. waitting for an moa at reasonable price.. anyone know a seller with moa in stock

Sam from Vortex has stated many times over that he has NEVER had an issue with any of their wire reticles. Besides that, Vortex has THE best warranty in the business IMHO!! I absolutely love the quality and clarity of all the Vortex scopes that I have used or owned. This HS-T version will be on the list for purchases for our hunting rifles. I am more than happy with Vortex, so they will have a repeat customer from this household for sure!!

DK

Got to shoot with Tom from Vortex yesterday and was able to talk to him in depth about this new scope. We discussed all the fetures of this new scope and I think it should fill the needs of the hunter as well as the tactical shooter. I being both of those, can't wait to get my hands on one. You can get one with the MRAD retical now but will have to wait till fall for the MOA retical. These are great optics being built by a veteran/family owned business with the hunter and shooting enthusiest in mind. If you don't have one yet, try one and I know you'll want one on every gun you have and there service is impecable..

See how they trick you? That scope wont be out for months, but they tell you its going to be here tomorrow, get your money, and then blame it on Vortex while making you wait.

OK I called Vortex, and the gentleman I talked to said the MOA won't be out until mid to late August.

OK I called Vortex, and the gentleman I talked to said the MOA won't be out until mid to late August.

Well I got anxious and pulled the trigger on the MOA version from optics planet before I seen this thread. So I called OP and they said it would ship straight from Vortex when it becomes available. I called Vortex next and the guy was less then helpful on a time table. "Uh...sometime around November I think" I don't mind waiting because it has all the features I want for my 308 subsonic build but I was a little disappointed. Hope the August release is correct.

Well I got anxious and pulled the trigger on the MOA version from optics planet before I seen this thread. So I called OP and they said it would ship straight from Vortex when it becomes available. I called Vortex next and the guy was less then helpful on a time table. "Uh...sometime around November I think" I don't mind waiting because it has all the features I want for my 308 subsonic build but I was a little disappointed. Hope the August release is correct.

They ALWAYS state a date as late as possible in case of shipping issues. I don't see how you can be disappointed when you ordered a product that you knew had an estimated ship date of 3-5 months from their website. Then again... You did order from one of the worst dealers out there when it comes to back ordered product so...

They ALWAYS state a date as late as possible in case of shipping issues. I don't see how you can be disappointed when you ordered a product that you knew had an estimated ship date of 3-5 months from their website. Then again... You did order from one of the worst dealers out there when it comes to back ordered product so...

Optics Planet showed "Available: Estimated 5-7 business days to ship". Pretty easy to be a little disappointed when you stumble upon what you think is a perfect setup, order it, and then come to find out its not available for several months.

LOL, I just looked at OpticsPlanet again and it says 3-5 months now. That is not what it said when I ordered....

Optics Planet showed "Available: Estimated 5-7 business days to ship". Pretty easy to be a little disappointed when you stumble upon what you think is a perfect setup, order it, and then come to find out its not available for several months.

Odd since Optics Planet on in-stock products say "In stock. Ships within 1-2 days" or "Estimated to ship within 1-8 days". Welcome to Optics Planet though. In the future I highly suggest using another Vendor...

How's the image quality? Like Leupold's Extended Twilight Index Matched glass or more like the old Multicoat-4?

Does anyone know if these scopes have enough elevation for shooting long range .22? Say 400 yards or past? Thanks

Ben

Does anyone know if these scopes have enough elevation for shooting long range .22? Say 400 yards or past? Thanks

Ben

they have 75 moa of internal travel wich is the same as the 4-16 PST. I can det my 4-16 PST out to 465 yards using all the elevation, and the 30moa holdover in the reticle and sub sonic ammo.

Has anyone had much field experience with this scope yet? I am considering one
    for my FN PBR-XP .308 bolt-gun that I'm building up as a scout rifle. I have been
    watching this scope with much interest. It seems like it has a lot of good features
    for a scope in its price range.

Any info you guys could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Randy V. aka PBR-XP FAN

This should help you out. The Vortex site has the dimensions of the scope so you can find the correct fit.

Vortex.jpg