• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 1x4 Deal

One Holer

Active Shooter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
Minnesota
I went to look at at Vortex Viper PST 1x4 the other day with the intent of just looking
at it since it had an MOA reticle and I was looking for the MILRAD one. As I was looking
at it I mentioned to the sales associate that I couldn't see the illuminated reticle below
the number 6 setting. He agreed that he couldn't see it either. As this was their last
one in stock and their display model, I asked him if I could get a deal. He went and
asked the manager but the answer was no with the reasoning that if their was something
wrong with it they could simply return it to Vortex. I looked at the scope a little bit longer
as the sales associate made a phone call. After he got off the phone he asked me if I was
interested in purchasing the scope if he took 10% off. As I was looking for the MILRAD
reticle, I hesitaed in answering. He then stated that I was a good negotiator and asked
"How about $424.99?" Since the normal price is $499.99 everywhere on the net and
was the normal price at this store as well, I couldn't refuse.

When I got home I read the manual which stated that settings below 6 were for low
light periods after your eyes adjust to the dark. Turns out this was true as I took it out-
side as it was getting dark and I could see the illuminated reticle at the lower setttings.
The lowest settings are for use with night-vision equipment.

Nonetheless, I thought about selling it so that I could get one with the MILRAD reticle,
but one thing that I am not crazy about that model is that the turrets are in .2 Mil increments.
That is a pretty course adjustment at distance. The MOA reticle model is in .52 MOA increments,
which is still courser than any other scope in my inventory but I will make due, especially for
the price.

One Holer