• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes vortex viper pst 6-24

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I'm shopping around for a scope, and my max spending limit is $1,000. With that in mind, I cam across the vortex viper pst 6-24x50 FFP .10mil for $950. I did some research on it, found a few comments and 1 review on it, but other than that, there's not much said about this scope. Are any of you running that scope on your gun? Share some opinions if you are! I'm kind of stuck on what to get. Would love a leupold mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm FFP TMR .10 mil scope, but it's out of my price range.

For the money, it's a good scope. I am running NF NSX's and Leupold Mark 4's and picked up a PST to try. I was able to shoot a Tahr in NZ in the rear with it at 500 yards. For the price, good buy. I however, am going to upgrade it to the New NF ATACR with the MOAR reticle. Not because the PST is bad, it's not. I just want the new NF.

There is a NIB vortex viper pst 6-25 FFP mil/mil in the optics for sale section right now I think. $880 shipped. They usually go for $950

Here is a photo of the Tahr I shot at 500 yards using the PST on my RBros 7 mag. I have the PST, FF 6-24 with the MOA reticle.

Attachments

• NZ 1.jpg
    NZ 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 20
I just got one for my 700 5R and they are awesome.

Originally I was looking at some different manufacturers, but after some emailing with the guys at Sportoptics, they suggested the PST for my application.

My AR has a Vortex Red dot Strikefire on it and it worked great at a tactical class I just completed.

Vortex is a great company, and I think their products are underrated.

You won't be disappointed. I got the mil/mil setup

I have the scope but in MOA and it does all that I need to to do out to 1000 yards on my 308

It has all the features of the higher $ scopes for a lot less, it may not do everything as good as a USO or S&B but it does it well. If you get one you wont be disappointed.