• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Gen II

remington patriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2013
North Florida
I have the 3.5-15X44 SFP version. My illumination knob does not turn very easily and I was curious if others with the same scope experienced the same thing. I got mine brand new. Thanks.

I have the 3.5-15X44 SFP version. My illumination knob does not turn very easily and I was curious if others with the same scope experienced the same thing. I got mine brand new. Thanks.
Mine is fairly stiff but useable. I prefer it that way.

Use the warranty, Luke. Use it! They don’t bite, are very helpful and have lightspeed turnaround.

Reactions: TACC
I guess I should say my Razor HD Gen 2 knob is also pretty tight. If you hate it, contact them.

I have a 3-15x PST Gen II and 4.5-27x Razor Gen II and both are nice and smooth. Maybe it’s a thing with their newer models ?

I guess it really comes down to how stiff it is. Mine is stiff but perfectly usable, just the way I like it. You don't want it to turn on accidentally.

Reactions: TACC
The illumination knob on my 5-25 is borderline painful to turn. However, the same knob on my 1-6 feels just about perfect. They'd probably save a fair bit on warranty returns if they were more consistent with little things like knob adjustment.