• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Viper PST II

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
Anybody have any experience with a Vortex Viper PST II 5-25x50 FFP? Most specifically has anyone had issues with the elevation turret breaking? Also how is the tracking and return to zero with this scope?

A couple months ago, one of the guys on here had his elevation turret stop working, and then it fell off. He started a thread about it in this section.

I really like my new Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C scope. The turrets are nice on it, and seem fairly solid. The glass is pretty damn good, too.

I've had a couple of the PST Gen 2s and they've been great, tracked well, returned to zero, good glass, good FOV and no mechanical issues.

The breaking turrets seems to be a rare issue with only a few cases reported out of the thousands that are in use.
I have no idea what the actual number of them failing like that is and have never seen one in person.

Run it!
Vortex has got you!
If it’s a duty weapon, I’d pick something else. The turret weak spot evidence is out there, so just watch slamming it around and careful not to drop it. I’m not singling out the pst, there’s lots of scopes out there with similar skinny brass dowel turrets, any of them could get knocked off with a impact. I think my 6.5 weighs 16 pounds without the scope, that’s a lot of kinetic energy when it falls or slams into a barrier. Like I said though, vortex has got you.

I have a couple, really like them both. The zero stop is not hard to set, seems to track like they should. I have had zero issues with either one.

Anybody have any experience with a Vortex Viper PST II 5-25x50 FFP? Most specifically has anyone had issues with the elevation turret breaking? Also how is the tracking and return to zero with this scope?

That is by far the exception more than the rule with the Gen II PSTs. There was another thread where this was discussed and beaten into the ground but the small amount of reports of this compared to the many thousands of scopes out there is very small. Not something to worry about.

And tracking and return to zero is good on the scope. Here some that were tested.

Reactions: Holliday
The PST II is an awesome scope and a great value. Careful with a few internet anecdotes, out of that gazillion sold and currently in service…

Reactions: DangerRanger