• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST ll 2-10x32 versus 3-15x44

C5Longhorn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2020
Texas
I'm looking for recommendations on a scope for a Daniel Defense DD5V4 .308 with an 18 inch barrel. This is a general purpose gun that will be used for hunting, range shooting,and general plinking.

I see mostly close range and mid range shooting with the max probably being around 600 yards.

I have been considering a Vortex Viper PST 2 2x10 or 3x15. I'm leaning towards the 2x10 due to size and slightly less weight. How much impact will a 32 vs 44 object diameter impact light for the scope?

Any opinions and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

2-10 will serve you well and be lighter. All the Gen 2 vipers have great glass. I'd see if I could get your hands on both and compare. I have the 3-15x44 on one of my bolt guns and it's fantastic.

Thanks, I may not be able to find the exact scope but can probably fine ones that are similar in dimensions.