• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST-on AR10 Info help

Firefour

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Have a GAP AR10, .308 coming and need to scope it. Narrowed it down to these Two. Vortex viper PST 4-16x50, moa, or the Vortex viper 6-24-50 moa. Uses- punching paper, occ. F class (for fun), silhouette out to 600 meters. Want the Illum reticle for varmints that runs the perimeter at night. Just looking for someones opinion that's been there.

Where is the cheapest place to pick one of these up? Seems they are $699, $749 on most all sites. Must be a marketing ploy.
Thanks for the info.

Re: Vortex Viper PST-on AR10 Info help

I bought a CMMG SASS. I am waiting for someone to get the 6-24 ffp in so I can get one on the way. The main reason is that I already have one on my 700 bolt gun and I want them to match so if I had to I could swap them from one gun to the other. YMMV

Re: Vortex Viper PST-on AR10 Info help

Liberty Optics Scott is great. I guess that by the price your looking at the second focal plane models. If your Mil or LEA they offer discounts.

I have the 4-16 FFP milrad on my .308 AR I love it I've had it out to 1000 and routinely shoot out to 600 with it on steel. We have steel 200-600 I use the knobs as well the reticle to engage all the plates the mil/mil set up is fast and easy.

I have used the scope with a PS22 on the lower power. It was clear and crisp