• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST question

coug

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I am about to buy 4 of these if this comes back clean. So please tell me about your experience with them. I want to know if they are for sure good to go. tell me all the plus and minus that you have seen in them please. Any info will be helpful.

Re: Vortex Viper PST question

there are several threads highlighting peoples experiences with this scope. You may want to read those.

Just remember, many of those have an attachment to the scope.

I have not seen a single, real example of a major complaint regarding the PST line, which is a good thing. I have seen SOME mention of the glass is the 4-16x line being less than stellar but altogether usable.
The 6-24x gets rave reviews.

Depending on your ultimate use for them, I think that you would find the advanced features outweigh the minor cons by a good margin.

Find Ilya's take on mid-range optics.
A truly unbiased opinion.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2627393

I have had them all... the 2.5-10 is a personal favorite. The 4-16 is outstanding on my 300 WM hunting rifle and the 6-24 lives nicely on a 17hmr. Great scopes. In my opinion they are a no brainer when you look at the quality along with Vortex's Warranty and support.

Maybe you should just buy one and see for yourself. I have a SFP 6-24X and have relegated it to rimfire duty. I sent in the original twice and the sent me a new one on the last trip. I now seem to be having a problem with a wandering zero, although I'm not going to attribute this to the scope until I can confirm it with a different scope.

Still, the scope does have nice glass and it seems to be built well. My biggest gripe is with the turret knobs. The adjustments are positive, but the detents seem small to me. They get inadvertently turned pretty easily. If I've been carrying the rifle slung for any length of time, I have to confirm that it's still set correctly before I shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am about to buy 4 of these if this comes back clean. So please tell me about your experience with them. I want to know if they are for sure good to go. tell me all the plus and minus that you have seen in them please. Any info will be helpful. </div></div>

What 4 are you buying & what are you putting them on?

I have one on my .308 AR its one of the nicest scopes I have used I especially like the Mil/Mil system It very quick for hold over shots and immediate corrections.

a lot of nice extras like the zero stops, positive clicks ect

i dont have any experiences with them other then handling them at a local store. I compared them too the Leupold Mark 4 at the time and i fully believe the 6-24x was nicer then the Mark 4. I played with the 4-16 and the 6-24 and the glass were very very close but the 6-24 was a litter nicer.

I did end up purchasing a 4-16 to put on my 300. wsm for a big game hunting rifle for ranges out too 600 yards. The reason for this is incase of close shots. The glass is plenty good for target shooting and hunting. I cant wait to get it in