• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex viper PST zero stop

flybrandon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2009
Rayville,LA
Having issues engaging zero stop. Used lots of ZS on NF scopes, no issue ever. Bought new Viper. Went to zero, turned scope elevation all the way down as it stated to begin process. Removed turret cap, zeroed at 100 using inner barrel, after I loosened the 3 screws on inner barrel. Zeroed and tightened inner barrel screws after 100 yd zero. Installed outer turret with zero and facing the back, or 6 o clock position. Tightened outer screws and bottom zero stop is set. Problem is there is only 90 degrees of CCW or up rotation and it stops..... tried several times with same result??? What’s up?

Having issues engaging zero stop. Used lots of ZS on NF scopes, no issue ever. Bought new Viper. Went to zero, turned scope elevation all the way down as it stated to begin process. Removed turret cap, zeroed at 100 using inner barrel, after I loosened the 3 screws on inner barrel. Zeroed and tightened inner barrel screws after 100 yd zero. Installed outer turret with zero and facing the back, or 6 o clock position. Tightened outer screws and bottom zero stop is set. Problem is there is only 90 degrees of CCW or up rotation and it stops..... tried several times with same result??? What’s up?
If this is a Gen 1 scope then you must use shims. If it’s a gen 2 then I don’t believe that is the case and ignore my post.