• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Viper R/T tactical 8x28: Good? Bad? Otherwise?

K-tech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2012
WI
I have been just starting to look around for a pair of somewhat compact binoculars in either 6 or 8 power for hunting. I have other vortex optics and have been overall satisfied with them. I am curious to hear what everyone else thinks of these and whether or not there are better options out there for the price point. All feedback is appreciated.

I have one and like it a lot. It's very clear and easy to use as it fits your hand just right.

Is the reticle worth the extra money over the standard viper 8x28?

Fwiw I had the chance to look through a set of viper HD's and was blown away. Never seen through the normal to compare but that one look through the HD's sold me for when I go to spend my money.

We run a set of the r binos in class and ar comps..it takes a little getting used to how to focus the binos but once you have it down they are a super tool.

Jordan@406