• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex viper scopes?

limbhanga

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2007
Alabama
I am considering a Vortex viper 4x12x40 for my hunting rifle and was wanting some feedback from those with experience with this brand of scopes. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Vortex viper scopes?

A very safe choice with a long track record of reliability, repeatability, and quality. The best overall scope at the $500 and under price point to come down the pike in a long time, IMO.

The 4-12 with side focus is a nice scope suitable for about anything 600 yards and in.

Scott

I would say that with the vipers, you get more scope than you pay for. They are extremely clear, you wont be disappointed. But the best way to determine if it is for you is to look through one yourself.

I don't have any experience with the 4-12 but the 6.5-20 that I have is an awesome scope for the money! I just can't find anything at all about it to complain about!!

I have a Viper 6.5-20x44MD. My only minor complaint is I wish it had real uncovered target knobs since the ones under the covers are a little small for my eyes. Ridiculously easy to zero-set the knobs. Otherwise really excellent, especially for the money.

Can't go wrong with the Viper. Here's my experience with my 6.5-20x50mm.

I bought a used one here on the Hide last year. I used it for around 400+ shots and noticed the zoom ring was maybe a little loose. I just never noticed it so I figured I would ask their tech support. They put an engineer on the phone, and we went over the symptoms, he said to send it in. I was waiting on another rifle build at the time so I said why not. They emailed back that the movement was outside of spec and they would send me a new scope. I asked for the mil-dot version which hadn't been released yet and they made the swap! Sent me a brand new Mil-Dot.

I've shot another 500+ under this one and its perfect. The used scope I had before performed perfectly as well. Clicks, zoom, returned to zero every single time. The zoom ring just could be whobbled if forced. Probably still better fit then any other scope I've used.

Lastly, if you're goign to get one, go thorugh Scott at Liberty Optics. I picked up a DiamondBack for my wife and its awesome as well. Scott gave me a great deal and the scope has worked great. Between Liberty Optics and Vortex Service, its probably the best purchase plan you can get.

good luck!
Mike

Thanks for the help, I contacted Scott at Liberty Optics and he left me a message on my phone. I have purchased an IOR from him before and will gladly do business with him again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limbhanga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the help, I contacted Scott at Liberty Optics and he left me a message on my phone. I have purchased an IOR from him before and will gladly do business with him again. </div></div>

The feeling is mutual. We will do everything in our power to make sure you are taken care of.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: limbhanga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the help, I contacted Scott at Liberty Optics and he left me a message on my phone. I have purchased an IOR from him before and will gladly do business with him again. </div></div>

The feeling is mutual. We will do everything in our power to make sure you are taken care of.

Scott </div></div>

That is NO LIE boys trust me...
wink.gif

the warranty vortex has makes me feel comfortable buying their products. such as M1K3 has stated

+ 1 re Scott and Liberty Optics, always been easy to deal with even with me being based on the other side of the world :)

I have a pair of the Vortex Viper Binos and they are extremely good for the $.