• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes vortex viper vs viper pst

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
I have been looking for the actual difference between these to models. All I can find is lit reticles, offered in mil/mil and FFP. is there something different about the glass. I was reading one topic on here and someone said the pst was a viper with razor HD glass? is that true and what exactly does the PST stand for. I looked on vortex's web site and didnt see any litereature avaulable. maybe I missed it.
thanks for the minute.

Re: vortex viper vs viper pst

PSTs are a new series and not out yet.They will be a step up from the regular Vipers in all aspects.Not only with matching reticles and adjustments but FFP and illuminated.They will also have uncovered turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PSTs are a new series and not out yet.They will be a step up from the regular Vipers in all aspects.Not only with matching reticles and adjustments but FFP and illuminated.They will also have uncovered turrets. </div></div>

This is absolutely corret. They are a step up and one great offering at the price. I have a Viper, love it, and at 450.00, I feel a great value for the quality you get in return for your money, but the PST is going to be just plain awsome. Personally, you can't go wrong either way (Budget go Viper. Got a little extra cash on hand, get in line for a PST).

I am looking to buy a scope now (like today), I just sold my Elite 3200 and was ready to buy a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 for $725 and then I saw the Viper 6.5-20x50 for $460. Now I don't know what to do. I know if I wait until the PST comes out, used Viper scopes are going to be pouring out of the classifieds.

im confused......if the pst isn't out yet then what are they selling as pst at SWFA? I was just checking out their 16 power for 699.99?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im confused......if the pst isn't out yet then what are they selling as pst at SWFA? I was just checking out their 16 power for 699.99? </div></div>

Its normal for things to be advertised well in advance of their existence.Sam the owner of Vortex has responded to numerous threads about a June delivery date.

is the glass on the Viper PSt the same as a Razor HD?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enkry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the glass on the Viper PSt the same as a Razor HD? </div></div>

i read that the glass is HD and made in Japan but not sure if its the Razor HD glass.......