• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Vulture HD 15x56

bab029

Hammer Mechanic
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
Louisiana
After using a pair of Swaro 15x56s at a match, I'm sold on their ability to spot rounds on steel out to 1000.

I'm certain that they're not the equal of the swaros, but I'm seriously looking at a pair of these Vulture 15s as a lower cost option. Would love to hear any personal experiences with these, these vs the kaibabs, these vs the swaros, and/or these vs. other options in the 500-600 dollar price range.

I feel like they're a good 80-90% option for the guy just looking to spot hits at the range.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-vulture-hd-15x56-binocular

If I may make a suggestion. If you'd like a great quality 15x56 and not go into the price range of the Swarovski take a look at the Steiner HX 15x56 or the Meopta MeoStar 15x56. You'll be pleased that you did

I compared the Vulture 15x56 and Viper 15x50 binos before ultimately purchasing the Swaro 15x56. They were decent for resolution, had a shallower plane of focus making it more crucial that you focused exactly on the target, and lacked the contrast/clarity of the Swaros. They felt like they were serviceable, but not amazing. You could definitely use them if the Swaros were beyond reach price wise, but they wouldn't quite be at the level where it felt like they were better than a spotting scope.

I know all too well that you never, ever (ever) regret splurging on glass and the swaros are splurge-worthy.... Thanks for talking me off the ledge. I'll keep rocking the 10x50s and see how the finances do this year....

And I'll try to get a look at some meoptas in the meantime....

i have the 15 vultures. im a low budget kinda guy do to being on a fixed income from disabled. for the cost you can find them for i think its a no brainer for me , i cant justify spending the extra the other brands cost. not only that for what i do hunting long range i love them for quick glassing on a tripod. i can spot deer with them and other game anytime im hunting for most part. i will say this. I only sometimes think id like a pair 20x56's kalbibs or whatever. the only reason i say the 20 may be nicer is spotting bedded deer at 500+ especially without snow,,, but i love my vultures! plus , lifetime warranty, drop it, etc etc = repaired or replaced immediately

Very important, possibly more important to the big eye you choose, is putting it on a quality tripod. No 12x or higher should be used hand held. A rock solid tripod will make all the difference in your glassing

Very important, possibly more important to the big eye you choose, is putting it on a quality tripod. No 12x or higher should be used hand held. A rock solid tripod will make all the difference in your glassing
Doug,
what are some rock solid tripod you sell would you recommend and not break the bank?

Good afternoon
There are a lot of good options. Need to know a few things first. Please respond to me at [email protected]

How tall are you
Will you be using this sitting, standing or both
Do you need something that folds small for hiking?
Will this be used for target shooting or do you need something with a fluid head?

I am out today but will be checking my emails later and will get back to you with some options. I will be in the store from Monday thru next Saturday

Thanks
Joel

Good afternoon
There are a lot of good options. Need to know a few things first. Please respond to me at [email protected]

How tall are you
Will you be using this sitting, standing or both
Do you need something that folds small for hiking?
Will this be used for target shooting or do you need something with a fluid head?

I am out today but will be checking my emails later and will get back to you with some options. I will be in the store from Monday thru next Saturday

Thanks
Joel
email sent. thank you