• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex warranty and customer service commendation

Terminator2

Just another carbon unit
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
San Jose - California
I got a Vortex Razor Gen 2 3-18 a few months back from a forum member here on the hide for my son's gas gun. I didn't notice when we got it that it had a small artifact by the vertical cross-hair when the magnification was turned under 5X. It really didn't cause any performance issues, but I contacted Dave "deltahotel"who is a Vortex rep here on the forum and asked him about it. He said to send it in and they would get it taken care of and if I needed a rush on it to let him know and he'd get 'er done. Well, I sent it in and they got it back to me in under 9 days! Cleaned, inspected and purged. All is well. I just wanted give a shout out to Dave for his assistance and to commend Vortex for their outstanding customer service and warranty! Bravo!

Good to hear. It's a big reason why I and many others stick with Vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PST had a couple of drops inside, I contacted Vortex by email they sent me a FedEx sticker, the scope arrived this Wednesday and yesterday I received another email saying that my scope is back with the FedEx tracking number. No shipping expenses. It took just one day for them to fix it. Amazing.

Reactions: AMAC79
Thats why i purchased a Gen2.Now I'm spoiled on quality glass.

I got a Vortex Razor Gen 2 3-18 a few months back from a forum member here on the hide for my son's gas gun. I didn't notice when we got it that it had a small artifact by the vertical cross-hair when the magnification was turned under 5X. It really didn't cause any performance issues, but I contacted Dave "deltahotel"who is a Vortex rep here on the forum and asked him about it. He said to send it in and they would get it taken care of and if I needed a rush on it to let him know and he'd get 'er done. Well, I sent it in and they got it back to me in under 9 days! Cleaned, inspected and purged. All is well. I just wanted give a shout out to Dave for his assistance and to commend Vortex for their outstanding customer service and warranty! Bravo!

Hi Terminator2. Glad we got you taken care of. It's our pleasure to help you out anytime you need it! Enjoy the scope.

Dave

It is great to hear that Vortex continues to go the extra mile for its customers, no wonder they are growing so well! I had the pleasure of being in on the first run of AMG scopes and absolutely love it for what it was designed for. Last year I took it out to Whittington Center for it's first time out in the wild and after sighting in and getting everything set we went out to the silhouette range where I began to ring steel all the way out to the 1140yd buffalo and then suddenly my image went blurry. I wasn't sure what happened but I fiddled with my parallax and finally got the image in focus, but my reticle was now blurry. Nothing I could do would get the scope to function right, I noticed I had internet connection so I PM'd Dave (Delta Hotel) from the range and got a response back very quickly (gotta love Snipers Hide) and before I was even back home I already had Vortex ready for my scope. They had my scope within 2 days after I returned from my trip and Dave was in constant communication with me letting me know what they found. Here is a summary of that:

In our study of what happened it was an assembly error and no loctite was applied to the lock-ring which held the lens just behind the reticle, which is why it came loose. You could actually hear it slightly rattling inside the scope when we got it back and this was causing the reticle to go in and out of focus. It's amazing how tight of a tolerance the lenses have on positioning and alignment. We also checked every single other lock-ring in the scope and made sure there wasn't a more wide-spread lack of loctite. Luckily the rest of the lock-rings were all loctited appropriately.
  • Tracking
  • POI shift
  • MTF (resolution) testing (along with a ton of other image quality testing)
  • Accelerated vibration testing which simulated being mounted on a UH-60 helicopter for a week and also being mounted on an Abrams tank over rough terrain for a week. Bascially MIL-810G vibration testing.
  • Impact/shock testing
  • Parallax checks
And many more of our standard tests.

The scope held up perfect through all testing and it should be completely good to go now.

Vortex then assured me that no other AMG had surfaced with this issue and they believed it to be a one time anomaly, but even so they made changes to their assembly procedures to ensure this would not occur again. Oh and by the way, if I remember correct, Vortex did all this and got the scope back to me in under two weeks, I could have gotten it back sooner but they really wanted to put it through the extensive testing which I authorized. I know some of you may think it should have never happened to begin with, but to me that is unrealistic in any manufacturing process as there is no perfect product or perfect QC, what matters more to me is how quickly Vortex addressed my issue and the manner in which they did so. I am not a competition shooter and I am not sponsored by Vortex, but they truly treated me like a VIP which is what their warranty is called. The fact that they put my scope through such rigorous tests including the Black Hawk test really showed a commitment to make sure this issue was resolved once and for all. I have been critical of Vortex in the past with quality and design, but I must admit that they have definitely caught my attention of late. Thank you Dave and thank you Vortex for being such a stand up company and treating your customers the way you do, this will encourage me to continue looking to purchase Vortex products in the future!

Warranty and Customer service was a huge part in my buying Vortex.

Thats why i purchased a Gen2.Now I'm spoiled on quality glass.

I have one Razor AMG, two PSTs, one HST and one Diamondback HP. Had problems with one PST, the others work flawlessly.

It is great to hear that Vortex continues to go the extra mile for its customers, no wonder they are growing so well! I had the pleasure of being in on the first run of AMG scopes and absolutely love it for what it was designed for. Last year I took it out to Whittington Center for it's first time out in the wild and after sighting in and getting everything set we went out to the silhouette range where I began to ring steel all the way out to the 1140yd buffalo and then suddenly my image went blurry. I wasn't sure what happened but I fiddled with my parallax and finally got the image in focus, but my reticle was now blurry. Nothing I could do would get the scope to function right, I noticed I had internet connection so I PM'd Dave (Delta Hotel) from the range and got a response back very quickly (gotta love Snipers Hide) and before I was even back home I already had Vortex ready for my scope. They had my scope within 2 days after I returned from my trip and Dave was in constant communication with me letting me know what they found. Here is a summary of that:

Vortex then assured me that no other AMG had surfaced with this issue and they believed it to be a one time anomaly, but even so they made changes to their assembly procedures to ensure this would not occur again. Oh and by the way, if I remember correct, Vortex did all this and got the scope back to me in under two weeks, I could have gotten it back sooner but they really wanted to put it through the extensive testing which I authorized. I know some of you may think it should have never happened to begin with, but to me that is unrealistic in any manufacturing process as there is no perfect product or perfect QC, what matters more to me is how quickly Vortex addressed my issue and the manner in which they did so. I am not a competition shooter and I am not sponsored by Vortex, but they truly treated me like a VIP which is what their warranty is called. The fact that they put my scope through such rigorous tests including the Black Hawk test really showed a commitment to make sure this issue was resolved once and for all. I have been critical of Vortex in the past with quality and design, but I must admit that they have definitely caught my attention of late. Thank you Dave and thank you Vortex for being such a stand up company and treating your customers the way you do, this will encourage me to continue looking to purchase Vortex products in the future!

What's really cool about this is when a manufacturer "fesses up" and doesn't try to kick kitty litter all over the problem to try and hide it. As a consumer, when I see what Vortex has done and how they have handled the situation, I gain a very high degree of faith, confidence and trust in them. That is a very valuable commodity and it's sad when you see where some manufacturers either don't value it, or their conduct undermines it.

In the above example, Vortex laid everything out on the table and dealt with. They explained the problem, how they found it and what they did to correct it. Very cool, I even learned some things about the problem/resolution. Like the old adage says; "You can't buy that kind of (positive) publicity".

Bravo Vortex !

I will continue to buy Vortex because of how great they have treated me and the quality of their product. Unfortunately I wish I could say the turn around time for warranty work in Canada was a little quicker. They've had my binos for 2 months but I'm sure I will be taken care of an Vortex has been in contact with me through the whole process. It just sounds like they have an overwhelming amount of repairs after hunting season which is when I sent my Razor binos in to them. At least it's still a great product that they stand behind, unlike some other companies that some what blow you off if you have questions or need repairs.

I guess that's to be expected that the highest amount of warranty work they get would be right after hunting season when everyone was out using their products. Still... Stand up job, I love all my Razor optics and see no reason to change.

I had my windage turret come off one of my HSTs and since I live so close I ran it up to them. In less than 24 hours it was back in my possession working perfectly and I had a cool new Vortex shirt to go with it.

Incredible. There was the thread detailing failures that was killed on the Scout site and the same thing comes up again here. I take my hat off to Vortex!

Thank you Delta Hotel & the entire gang at Vortex, it's truly inspiring to know you guys have "got our backs." It is a rarity indeed in this day & age. I'm buying yet another gen II razor for a new build that is going to see some hard use and doing so in large part because of the confidence I have in knowing I'll be taken care of in short order if the need ever arises.

I had a razor gen 1 5-20 on my 338 lapua and within 20 shots the reticle started twisting and accuracy went to crap. This was right before thanksgiving and deer season just started here in Louisiana. Vortex sent me an overnight shipping label, I sent it off the Wednesday before thanksgiving and they had it fixed Monday and it was back in my hands Tuesday. I see people buying xtr II scopes over vortex pst and I just shake my head, my experience with Burris was terrible and I won't be doing buswith them anytime soon. Customer service makes a scope company.

Reactions: Senderofan
I had great service the two times I needed to use their warranty. First time was for a Diamondback that went blurry after my first shot at a deer. Second time was for a PST.
However, I had to pay shipping both times. How do you guys get free shipping back to them?

Yeah but I hope I don't have to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I haven't had to in over a year, but if I need it I have the peace of mind knowing it is there if I do.

I agree. I haven't had to in over a year, but if I need it I have the peace of mind knowing it is there if I do.

+1
It's there if you need it and from all the stories I've read and heard the support is top notch. I never had reserves buying a vortex product.

I had great service the two times I needed to use their warranty. First time was for a Diamondback that went blurry after my first shot at a deer. Second time was for a PST.
However, I had to pay shipping both times. How do you guys get free shipping back to them?

I was told that if the scope is brand new or there are "special circumstances" they will send you a prepaid shipping label. Either way, still a hell of a good warranty IMHO.