• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Votex optics

Re: Votex optics

Great scope. I have one on a 308 bolt gun. You will be happy with the purchase. Like others have said, depends on the use. I use mine target shooting from a bench.

all around shooting. mostly punching paper but distance hunting as well. The rifle is a MA-TEN 24" bull SS 1:11.25tw, .308.

I think I like it. just looking for as many experienced opinions as I can get.

thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent scope for dual purpose of hunting and target shooting.</div></div>

+1

personally i prefer the 4-16 but i think your on the right track and its your just my preferance doesn't matter.

I have 3 Vortex scopes and love them all. Unless I'm building a comp gun, that's all I use. IMHO best value out there.

I would definately go with FFP though. I have an RFP on my 2.5-10 and it's often bothersome.

I'm running two of the scopes on Grendels, with ballistics similair to 308.

And if you're going to use for hunting, you don't want the Razor if your going to be hiking around with the gun. It's a monster that weighs almost as much as my rifle.

It's almost like ya'll knew what I wanted to hear,lol.
grin.gif

How is the clarity at the higher end of the magnafication?

Anyone use one on a larger caliber? How do they hold zero?...well I'm assuming?

And again, thanks for the input.

Cheers

i had my 4-16 on a 300 winny for a couple hundred rounds. shooting stout loads with 208 gr amax's and it took the recoil fine. i dont own anything heavier

Haven't used one yet but just got a return email from vortex telling me one should hold up to my 50bmg without any problems.

I have a 4-16 FFP PST and will have another hopefully in the near future. I had some trash in the scope that was blowing onto the reticle when I shot but I sent it to Vortex and they fixed it right up and in a hurry. I am very very pleased with the scope and even more pleased with the way their customer service handled my situation.

JW

I should be getting one in my hands in the next week or so. 6-24x50 FFP MRAD. Can't decide now if I am going ot keep it or sell it and get a Leupy ER/T with M5 turrets. It's hard to find something on here badmouthing Vortex...especially for the price. I will be mounting whichever scope on a DPMS LR-308. Since the PST's are so hard to get a hold of right now, you might want to look into the Bushnell Elite scopes. they are coming out with a couple new reticles on the Elite Series the Ill-BRT and the G2DMR. Both scopes are under $1000.

Just got the 4-16x50 FFP PST Mil/Mil a few days ago I'm waiting for my Badger 22moa Riser rail. everything on the scope is top notch. The turrets are real tactile and have excellent grip. The glass is very clear and there is no Fish eye effect around the edges. The illumination is damn good to. Just the right amount on each setting. Cant wait to get it on my rifle and go try it out!

I have the 6-24x50 PST and it does everything I want and more! O had a problem and they replace mine in 7 days total. No questions asked! Every company should take a look on how Vortex does business!

Just got my 4-16x50 FFP PST mil/mil and am extremely pleased.

You definitely will be also.