• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krugermeier

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2022
Carolinas
I like the trigger on the VP9 but don’t like striker. Looking for a full-size but can’t decide on model. I like the American mag release models HK makes.

I have several P30’s, had a VP9. All paddle mag releases. All my p30’s have the V1 LEM trigger, and no thumb safety. Sold the VP9 mostly because it was a match gun, and I don’t compete in pistol anymore.

I prefer the P30. The trigger suits me more than any other pistol. Ergos are excellent, shoots well, carries well.

Look for P30 LEM/V1 no safety.

I own 4 P30's and did a trigger/spring mod to each of them. If you go this route, I highly recommend this mod.

I have several P30’s, had a VP9. All paddle mag releases. All my p30’s have the V1 LEM trigger, and no thumb safety. Sold the VP9 mostly because it was a match gun, and I don’t compete in pistol anymore.

I prefer the P30. The trigger suits me more than any other pistol. Ergos are excellent, shoots well, carries well.

I've been shooting/carrying an HK LEM system for almost 10 years, currently in a P30sk and P30. My preference is the V1 with a V2 trigger spring.

Reactions: Kamerad

Does the P30 come with a button mag release option?

Does the P30 come with a button mag release option?
No. The paddle release may take a minute to get familiar with but you'll get used to it in no time. It's ambi so you can use it with your thumb or trigger finger.

I break my grip & use my middle finger. It's very fast.

There is also an extended mag release paddle available, but I'd definitely shoot the factory for a while first before considering it

Nearly a flip of a coin for me. I was less than impressed by the P30 trigger from the standpoint of hammer guns, but it's not bad. I prefer the VP9. I think the VP9 bore axis is slightly lower, too... for whatever that's worth.

Paddle release and index finger for the win.

Reactions: Bcamos
I have thousands of rounds through all of these. No issues of worry for any of them. The HKp30, Vp9, Walther PPQM2 and MP9 2.0 are virtual ergonomic clones, look past the hammer to snag on something and magazine release mechanisms. I prefer the paddle release.
Safariland offered a special edition Border Patrol olive drab green #6378 ALS holster.

DSCN2583 copy.JPG
Walther PPQ M2 HK VP9 P30 Comparison Annotated copy.jpg
IMG_3030 copy.JPG
IMG_3035 copy.JPG
IMG3033a copy 2.JPG

Does either of these come with a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights?

There are factory suppressor-ready VP9s & HK45s w/ threaded barrels & tall sights. Unsure on the P30, but I do know HK sells threaded barrels for them.

Reactions: DuneShoot
P30v3 is a good-not-great trigger. I want to say the USP is better, but honestly I'm not the guy to ask because I can't really remember. It's been a looong time since I've shot a USP, I think before I bought a P30 around the time they came out.

I'd take a modded LEM over either of those SA/DA, however.

How are the P30 triggers compared to the USP?

My VP9 has been one of my most accurate right out of the box.
The USP DA/SA is the better trigger but like RAW, I prefer the LEM.

Grayguns has some upgrades if you feel it is necessary.

The USP DA/SA is the better trigger but like RAW, I prefer the LEM.

Grayguns has some upgrades if you feel it is necessary.
Used to have a V1. Ended up throwing together a Combat Competition. The hybrid match/LEM trigger. Just don't know how I feel about it. Might have just been on a HK kick and hunting down the parts.

I like the trigger on the VP9 but don’t like striker. Looking for a full-size but can’t decide on model. I like the American mag release models HK makes.
If you do not like striker LEM is an excellent alternative, especially if you know how to “ride the reset” LEM combines the benefits of having a hammer with striker like consistent trigger pull. HK P30 available with two versions of LEM light and heavy. There are 3 springs that directly affect the weight and reset of the LEM trigger: firing pin block spring, hammer spring, and trigger return spring. You can mix and match these springs to find a combination that works for you! As an alternative, Langdon Tactical has various trigger job packages for HK and if you need more information get in touch with James Williamson at Teufelshund Tactical, he is certified HK gunsmith, who knows a lot about HK products, and super nice guy to deal with. As for the mag release, if I am not mistaken VP9 is only pistol in HK’s lineup available with paddle or button. Best of luck!!!

I bought a VP9 5 years ago. It now has 9000 rounds through it with no issues. I did go to a lighter trigger spring and switched to Dawson sights. I later decided to shoot USPSA Carry Optics and switched to a Vortex Venom Dot sight.