• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VTR

nahrens

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
nebraska
Interested in the rem 700 VTR have a VLS right now and have to sell it as i can not bring myself to take it out because i am afraid i will ding the stock.

I was looking for a new gun and this is what it has to have.
1. synthetic stock
2. matte black or blued finish
3. nice trigger or the ability to be switched out for a new trigger.
4. .5 moa at 100 out of the box ( i hand load so this should be easy)
5. heavy barrel of some sort but not an extreamly heavy gun (currently i am at 17 pounds and would like to see 10-12 with the new one.)
6. worthy of wearing the Burris Eleminator that i just purchased (for a steal $500 due to my discount at work)

New here and would just like to say thanks for taking time to look at this any respons would be great.

Re: VTR

I'm not exactly thrilled by the barrel on the VTR, and I do not know about .5moa out of the box for one, even with hand loads, but it should fit all the rest of your criteria.

Re: VTR

A lot of people rag on the VTR but mine was great, I got it and a 700P a month apart and the 700P did not shoot any better. My friend also got a VTR at the same time that also shot just as good as the 700P (once you get rid of the shit Gumby stock) but I have read that they can be hit or miss as far as accuracy, just did see it with the two I have experience with.

William has both of these VTR's at LPR right now getting the full treatment & Bartlien 5R barrels put on, I keep my 700P with plans to cut the barrel down to 22" and use it as a "guest" rifle until I send it off the LPR for a .260 build. Need to quit visiting this site, it's costing me a frigging fortune!