• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo barrel length ?

Vudoo might be the best folks to ask on this, honestly. They know what they're about, I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

Reactions: r3plicator
Love the pettiness of this thread.

Clearly this is subjective. What is not subjective is the impact barrel length has on velocity, which in turn will affect the ballistics.

Reactions: SniperBro
Love the pettiness of this thread.

Clearly this is subjective. What is not subjective is the impact barrel length has on velocity, which in turn will affect the ballistics.
I just wanted him to explain how his absolute statement that certain barrel lengths have the best ballistics. That’s a bullshit statement that could be read by someone who doesn’t know any better and taken as truth. Yes velocity is impacted by the length of the barrel which is used to calculate the ballistics. I wasn’t defending barrel lengths one way or another.

Based on like science and stuff. Read up.
Just say'n and as you said read'n up check these barrel specs. out, 16" twist, profiled straight from breech to muzzle, .800 to .850 in diameter. the bore should be .217 in diameter and the grooves at .222 to start and end 27" away at .2218, the land/groove ratio to be 35%/65%. Plus, a match chamber to your liking. These barrel specs allow a tuner to do its job and close up the group if you're into that kind of thing. I prefer bench rest myself and like my V22S for that game. Here is a question for you where did the above reading material for the specifications come from?

How bout real world shooting. Why do all br shooters use barrels over 22 inches?

It's been my experience that there's a ton of mythical legends practiced by the BR community. If you don't get on-board, you get the cold shoulder.

Would have been cool if they had done some rimfire testing in the warehouse. IIRC they found 21.75" the best in center-fire.

Are you actually shooting it, or is it going to be a "just touching the trigger" setup?

I have a vudoo v-22s single shot on order for benchrest only, the barrel is a shilen ratchet my ? is which barrel length 24" or 26"
I have no idea how Vudoo determines barrel length but custom remfire smiths let the barrel tell them what length. They slug to find the tight spots if any then cut and crown at that point. Taper lapping can produce the same results but most people don't have a clue as to taper lapping a barrel. Me being one of them! Your Shilen ratchet will probably come already taper lapped from Shilen. Don't sweat the length. Either should respond to a standard weight Harrels tuner.

Reactions: reclaimedshot
It's been my experience that there's a ton of mythical legends practiced by the BR community. If you don't get on-board, you get the cold shoulder.

Would have been cool if they had done some rimfire testing in the warehouse. IIRC they found 21.75" the best in center-fire.

Are you actually shooting it, or is it going to be a "just touching the trigger" setup?

Mythical? Br is the leading edge of all accuarcy centerfire and rimfire. We've done the work years ago and you guys are just now trying to catch up. Trying different twist ,different lengths, tuning, all of that has already been figured out years ago. You cant reinvent the wheel. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind cause it seems you guys are locked into a certain way of thinking about this game. Stop comparing rimfire to centerfire they aren't even close a close comparison on how to tune or choose barrel length. Most of the barrels we use are taper lapped and therefore one cannot say I want a 21 inch barrel. They have to be slugged and measured for the tightest and roundest spot. I don't give a crap what centerfire does cause it ain't got shit to do with me.

Went with 24” Shilen Ratchet. Have had 18” Ace and 22” Bartlein. All were shooters and plenty enough accurate to not hold me back in NRL/PRS competition in any way.

Just touching the trigger. that after I try to get the Kentucky windage right. That's the challenge for me trying to better my score by reading the wind flags. I am using the Vudoo Favio Fare trigger, it's the smoothest trigger I have ever used and am glad I went with it.

Mythical? Br is the leading edge of all accuarcy centerfire and rimfire. We've done the work years ago and you guys are just now trying to catch up. Trying different twist ,different lengths, tuning, all of that has already been figured out years ago. You cant reinvent the wheel. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind cause it seems you guys are locked into a certain way of thinking about this game. Stop comparing rimfire to centerfire they aren't even close a close comparison on how to tune or choose barrel length. Most of the barrels we use are taper lapped and therefore one cannot say I want a 21 inch barrel. They have to be slugged and measured for the tightest and roundest spot. I don't give a crap what centerfire does cause it ain't got shit to do with me.
What barrel are you using on your Turbo and how old is your Turbo?

I ordered my Vudoo repeater with a 26" Bartlein benchrest barrel.
I wanted a 26" just for looks alone and couldn't care less about velocity loss.
By luck, it balances perfectly with its Foundation stock.

The game I intend to use the rifle for has no bearing on velocity anyway.
Finally got the rifle last week and love it.
Unfortunately, it's freezing in my area so can't shoot it but it's still nice to finally have it. 👍🏼

Reactions: Badjujuu
What barrel are you using on your Turbo and how old is your Turbo?
I have two different turbos, one wears a shilen ratchet around 25inch and the other wears a Mueller 8 grv about 25 and some change. The turbo that wears a shilen was one of the first 3lug runs diorio made its about 4 yrs old now. The muller barrel turbo was built in Oct both built by John langley so its fairly new .

Reactions: reclaimedshot
I just sent mine for a 24” muller MTU. DI Precision said that they had found the sweet spot in the 22-24” range. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: DI Precision