• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo bolt comes out

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    A buddy of mine sent me this video, has anyone else experienced this? It is a Gen 2 Vudoo with very little use, my guess is that something is up with the bolt stop but I wont know until I get my hands on it.

I am unable to reproduce that issue on my Gen 2, but my initial thought seeing that is possibly loose tolerances between the bolt, raceway, and bolt stop along with the slight angle the bolt is being pulled towards the right side is causing it slip right pass the bolt stop with enough force.

I had that problem with my Sako Quad because I had used too much force on bolt and hit the bolt stop every time while loading another round.

I was able to remake the angle again on the bolt which catches the bolt stop and learned a shorter movement style for loading rounds in.

I had an issue with my bolt latch too. I thought it was maybe the coating but when I got into it the rear of the bolt latch was rubbing. I used emery cloth to reshape it slightly and round off the bottom edge. Permanent black marker to cover and works perfect.

Have your buddy call Vudoo. Discuss the issue and they will either know what's up or take care of him. They are the best for a reason.

Reactions: nakoa01 and Adam B
    That's what I was thinking. Take it easy on the gun first of all! 2nd, no doubt Vudoo will have the answer.

Reactions: GetReal
    What does putting a Timney trigger in have anything to do with the Vudoo bolt stop? The bolt stop is independent of the trigger.

We sent out an email to Gen 2 owners about the possibility this condition could exist. We received a batch of springs that weren't to spec and have been repairing rifles that have these springs. Anyone having the issue need only let us know and we send a shipping label.

MB

What are the difference between gen.1 to gen.2? any upgrade to gen.1?

We sent out an email to Gen 2 owners about the possibility this condition could exist. We received a batch of springs that weren't to spec and have been repairing rifles that have these springs. Anyone having the issue need only let us know and we send a shipping label.

MB

Gen 2 owners that bought directly from you? How about the ones bought from other dealers?

Hey all - I had this issue arise on my first day out with my brand new gen2 this weekend at the Boulder Rifle Club precision .22 match. I was sighting in pre-match and the bolt hit me in the mouth a couple times. My buddy Kodi found this thread and tagged me. At home I was messing with the bolt and found that a slight upward pressure helps it prevent itself from running past the stop. I think that can work for me in the short term, then I’ll send it back over the winter break. Anybody else find a work around to help get thru the remaining good weather shooting season? I found it comes out more easily with straight back or slight downward pressure.

Hey all - I had this issue arise on my first day out with my brand new gen2 this weekend at the Boulder Rifle Club precision .22 match. I was sighting in pre-match and the bolt hit me in the mouth a couple times. My buddy Kodi found this thread and tagged me. At home I was messing with the bolt and found that a slight upward pressure helps it prevent itself from running past the stop. I think that can work for me in the short term, then I’ll send it back over the winter break. Anybody else find a work around to help get thru the remaining good weather shooting season? I found it comes out more easily with straight back or slight downward pressure.

There’s a fix for this and parts can be made available if you’re not ready for us to send a shipping label. Call the shop or PM your info to me and we can send you what you need.

MB

Reactions: Sieg
    they will take care of you and stand behind their products, glad I have two of them...
    I’ve had mine one week and as soon as I let my friend try it at the range he wanted to join me at the local .22 competitions, so now I may have to buy a second one too if we’re gonna shoot together (he’s unemployed due to Kung flu at present). Did you buy the second to shoot with a buddy or for different features?

bought the second for my son, initially the idea, however flawed, was to just get one with the intention to save a bit of $ and "share"... Yeah, two only kids sharing... that didn't work out so well.. so now we each have our own.

For anyone following this thread - I have another work around that buys you time while you wait to send the barreled action back for a fix. I thought my upward pressure described above was working, but it doesn't actually work all that well. My Gen 2 idea is better - I cut a small square of electrical tape and stretched it over the top of the part of the bolt stop lever that is flush with the barrel, giving just a little bit of resistance to the stop when the bolt hits against it and tries to break out. The tape doesn't stop me from activating the lever when I want to or when I'm reinserting the bolt, but it really helps keep the bolt from breaking out....very helpful especially when shooting standing offhand!