• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Challenge Match - 200 Yards

Rimfireshooter99

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2019
Shooters, show us what you and your Vudoo can do! Try the Vudoo Challenge Match (See attachments). Read the rules, print and shoot the target, then post a picture of your targets on the Forum. Let's see who can get the high score, and smallest group size at 200 yards! This match tests your accuracy and precision with your Vudoo!

Post your targets on this thread please!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020 Vudoo Challenge Match 200 Yards.pdf
    64.7 KB · Views: 351
  • 2020 Vudoo Challenge Match Target.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 222
Your thread title and first post implies that I need to own a Vudoo to participate. If you don’t want us to submit targets shot with other rifles, you might want to require a picture of the rifle at the range in the target submission. Just sayin... ;) :cool:

Cool just ran some of these off, will try and shoot this week or so, I’ll post it up once I’m done embarrassing myself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shooters, show us what you and your Vudoo can do! Try the Vudoo Challenge Match (See attachments). Read the rules, print and shoot the target, then post a picture of your targets on the Forum. Let's see who can get the high score, and smallest group size at 200 yards! This match tests your accuracy and precision with your Vudoo!

Thanks!
My iphone won’t download this.
How is it different from the 6x5 200 yd?

Still waiting on my Vudoo to get here. And there's an NRL 22 match on Sunday!! Aarrrggghhh. The wait is killing me!

our thread title and first post implies that I need to own a Vudoo to participate. If you don’t want us to submit targets shot with other rifles, you might want to require a picture of the rifle at the range in the target submission. Just sayin... ;) :cool:
Or you could read the title of the thread

Not to high Jack the thread what is the wait time?

R99:

Thanks!
R99:

The rules as stated are a Vudoo, I presume any caliber, the target you attached and the distance 200 yd. Benchrest Vudoo when available? Vudoo Long Range when available? What are the rules for the support? Prone-bipod-rear tactical bag? Ground-tripod? Bench-bipod-competition rear bag? Bench-mechanical rest? Anything goes? Time constraints?

Rick

R99:

R99:

The rules as stated are a Vudoo, I presume any caliber, the target you attached and the distance 200 yd. Benchrest Vudoo when available? Vudoo Long Range when available? What are the rules for the support? Prone-bipod-rear tactical bag? Ground-tripod? Bench-bipod-competition rear bag? Bench-mechanical rest? Anything goes? Time constraints?

Rick
rick137, this postal match is typically shot from the bench, but there are no limits in the rules provided. Also, no time constraints noted in the rules either.

Good shooting!

Can we use a black marker and fill in the center for a better aiming point?
Hellbender, for comparison with other shooters, I would recommend we all shoot the target as printed. Part of the challenge for the match.

Good shooting!

rick137, this postal match is typically shot from the bench, but there are no limits in the rules provided. Also, no time constraints noted in the rules either.

Good shooting!
R99:

Now this is a challenge. Unlimited class to be sure. Wonder if anyone has made a railgun using a Vudoo Barreled action? Definitely should include a photo of the weapon system, or rig if you prefer, along the the targets and the score.

To be certain the target has the correct scale, what should be the diameter of the 1 ring?

Rick

The 10-ring should be 7/8 of an inch when printed. See the picture below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
This was 10 am this morning in Virginia Beach at c2 shooting range. Went right to 200 yard line before the wind started and shot 10 rounds to confirm zero. I’m sure someone is gonna whip me but I think these groups are awesome they are the best I’ve ever shot with 22 at 200 . The one is .91” center to center. I love the vudoo. Oh yeah shot off a bench using a atlas cal bipod and game changer rear bag.
29EF1B1B-D980-450C-ABDC-C03228D2DFC2.jpeg
144B790B-341A-467D-8BA2-B2819CE3F755.jpeg

Forgot to mention mine is a vudoo apparition 20” mtu ace barrel mpa competition chassis always suppressed with dead air mask.

This was 10 am this morning in Virginia Beach at c2 shooting range. Went right to 200 yard line before the wind started and shot 10 rounds to confirm zero. I’m sure someone is gonna whip me but I think these groups are awesome they are the best I’ve ever shot with 22 at 200 . The one is .91” center to center. I love the vudoo. Oh yeah shot off a bench using a atlas cal bipod and game changer rear bag.View attachment 7257592View attachment 7257591
Great shooting! Thanks for taking the challenge! Let see if anyone can shoot this well.

Reactions: Cuzz
I should had re read the rules... I shot 10 each..
Lapua center x
22”ace mtu contour
Bravo chassis
TT Diamond
Nightforce NX8 4-32
I zeroed at a 200 yard steel plate and ran about 50 through the barrel to get it good and warm, Shot off sandbag, and atlas 5h out of the bed of my truck (1 ton don’t move around so much stiff suspension) prone up against the tree line so the wind didn’t play hell with me

Attachments

• 9B0E51D4-3F25-438F-B5D3-C39CEBECD4B7.jpeg
    9B0E51D4-3F25-438F-B5D3-C39CEBECD4B7.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 43E8EB5C-B0A8-4220-8813-8CE838D2BA04.jpeg
    43E8EB5C-B0A8-4220-8813-8CE838D2BA04.jpeg
    660.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 5DCFE733-1345-4A88-97AF-E5663ED73F04.jpeg
    5DCFE733-1345-4A88-97AF-E5663ED73F04.jpeg
    706.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Lapua center x
22”ace mtu contour
Bravo chassis
TT Diamond
Nightforce NX8 4-32
I zeroed at a 200 yard steel plate and ran about 50 through the barrel to get it good and warm, Shot off sandbag, and atlas 5h out of the bed of my truck (1 ton don’t move around so much stiff suspension) prone up against the tree line so the wind didn’t play hell with me
Wow! Now that's some shooting! Very nice groups at 200 yards!

Lapua center x
22”ace mtu contour
Bravo chassis
TT Diamond
Nightforce NX8 4-32
That’s badass. Don’t know how to get any better than that.

I call those Unicorn days, where nothing goes wrong.... They are few and far between....

absolutely, I totally agree with you on that I’ll probably chase it for the next few years everything was perfect no wind, the bipod was perfect angle, and I didn’t have to squeeze or roll the sand bag any I really didn’t touch the gun except to tap the trigger which I have turned down to the very bottom which is around 4 oz.

Ok... Let us be honest here. The odds of shooting a group like that @ 200 with a 22 is nearly impossible. I'd venture you'd have better odds at winning the mega millions lottery.

22LR ammo is far too inconsistent to provide a group like that, especially if there was a 5 MPH wind.

Let's do ROUGH math for a minute...
Lapua Center-X
Bullet weight = 40 grains
BC = 0.172
Velocity = 1073 (avg)
Zero Range = 100
Target Range = 200
Assumed Scope Height = 1.5"

Using these numbers, and a velocity variance of 20 FPS.

POI @ 1063 FPS = -37.83"
POI @ 1083 FPS = -36.82"

You would have an inch of vertical movement based solely on the inconsistent ammo velocity. And that is assuming you held PERFECT. To repeat that over 10 shots, TWICE is ... well ... unbelievable.

Even if placed in a vice, I could NOT replicate that accuracy. And you did this out of the back of a pick-up, off a bipod and sand bag?

?

Now please don't take this as me saying YOU are incapable of shooting the group. No. I'm saying the anmo is incapable.

Last edited:
Ok... Let us be honest here. The odds of shooting a group like that @ 200 with a 22 is nearly impossible. I'd venture you'd have better odds at winning the mega millions lottery.

22LR ammo is far too inconsistent to provide a group like that, especially if there was a 5 MPH wind.

Lapua Center-X
BC = 0.172
Velocity = 1073 (avg)
Zero Range = 100
Target Range = 200

POI @ 1063 FPS = -37.83"
POI @ 1083 FPS = -36.82"

You would have an inch of vertical movement based solely on the inconsistent ammo velocity. And that is assuming you held PERFECT. To repeat that over 10 shots, TWICE is ... well ... unbelievable.

Even if placed in a vice, I could NOT replicate that accuracy. And you did this out of the back of a pick-up, off a bipod and sand bag?

?

Now please don't take this as me saying YOU are incapable of shooting the group. No. I'm saying the anmo is incapable.
I have shot groups that i’m not capable of or can’t duplicate.

Lapua Center-X
BC = 0.172
Velocity = 1073 (avg)
Zero Range = 100
Target Range = 200

POI @ 1063 FPS = -37.83"
POI @ 1083 FPS = -36.82"

?

Improbable but not impossible. All a matter of ammo roulette.

Lapua center x
22”ace mtu contour
Bravo chassis
TT Diamond
Nightforce NX8 4-32
That's about the same group sizes I was getting in the wind tunnel at the Lapua test center in Ohio, action locked down in a vise, at 100 yards.

Guys, let's all step back a moment. All of us have shot some groups at one time that we will likely never shoot again. Sometimes, that happens. If you don't believe the gentleman who shot the groups, that's your opinion and you are entitled to that. This thread is about folks who have accepted the challenge match and posted targets. Please, let's keep it to that.

Thanks very much for your active interest, and let's see more shooters post their targets.

Reactions: Gjmen22
Funny how everyone's rifles seem to shoot so much worse in person than they do on the internet.
used to go to a range that once a day the range master would call over the loud speaker...
"everybody put up new targets, lets see those 1/4" groups"
as expected, not many takers

used to go to a range that once a day the range master would call over the loud speaker...
"everybody put up new targets, lets see those 1/4" groups"
as expected, not many takers
That's classic, like to buy that guy a beer.

Guys, let's all step back a moment. All of us have shot some groups at one time that we will likely never shoot again. Sometimes, that happens. If you don't believe the gentleman who shot the groups, that's your opinion and you are entitled to that. This thread is about folks who have accepted the challenge match and posted targets. Please, let's keep it to that.

Thanks very much for your active interest, and let's see more shooters post their targets.
Imo there is no better compliment than to be called a liar about a group that you shot!

Reactions: roostercogburn98

Lapua Center-X
BC = 0.172
Velocity = 1073 (avg)
Zero Range = 100
Target Range = 200

POI @ 1063 FPS = -37.83"
POI @ 1083 FPS = -36.82"

?

dude, your way over my head with all the math...
I shoot a lot, in fact I shoot probably on average 4x a week..
absolutely both groups were flukes, and I was at 200 yards or so my bushnell range finder said I was. I have shot my gun one time by a guy that had a lab radar with the micro phone, we shot 10 fairly fast lapua center x and had a 17 FPS spread and the guy was like whoa.. it was like 73 that day to. I have never had a chrono would love to own one but I spent way to much on 22 ammo to actually shoot rather that experiment.

it’s all good, I knew better than to post pic’s

A few weeks ago I shot thirty rounds of Centekr-X over a magnet to speed. The SD was 5.9! That is not normal. Nice group ta6ppc . Good shooting, I'll be trying to shoot a two hundred yard group soon .

I don't do much but 200 yard rimfire, rifle and pistol.
I've tried almost every brand and type of rimfire cartridge available.
I can produce sub moa at 200 yards with a home tweaked CZ 455
enough times that I no longer celebrate when it happens.
Get a run of tight mv's from well made cartridges, they run tight trajectories.
If y'all can't get the job done with the custom rig y'all are using for this comp,
I'm thinking you might want to rethink where and how you purchase y'er ammo.
At 200 yards with a 40 grain 22lr, 1 fps difference in mv is 1/10th inch difference in vertical poi.
Get y'erselves some better ammo and use wind flags.
Nice shooting ta6

I'd have liked to have seen chronograph numbers from that run.
Do you happen to have the lot number available? ;)

Last edited:
Lapua center x
22”ace mtu contour
Bravo chassis
TT Diamond
Nightforce NX8 4-32
ta6, can you share the lot number of your LCX?