• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VuDoo Gen1

BuyDirt

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2022
Texas
Howdy all.

I just scored a G1 VuDoo BA, it's coming with a 20MOA rail, brake, and TriggerTech "Special" trigger. It will be riding in an MPA BA Chassis for now until I get the funds together for a McMillan M40A1 (It's my favorite stock for shooting). Eventually I will be hanging a silencer off the end of the barrel. I have some "extra" glass floating around so I'm good there as well.

Typically I like to ask BEFORE I buy something if there are any issues/quirks I should be aware of on a firearm but this came together pretty quickly. So, here we are...
Sooooooo... ARE there any issues or quirks I should be aware of on these rifles? I'll be running a LOT of bulk ammo through it for a while as there are no shops local to me that carry match .22. Once I find some, I'll be shooting that until I can't find it anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

PS: I will add pics when it arrives.

Only advice is to not run bulk ammo through it. Try to at least get SK standard plus. Jamming in bulk ammo of inconsistent sizes into a match chamber with match headspacing isn't good.
I'm working on getting some Eley Match as I type this.
I understand that I'll have to mod the mags. That's fine.

The Gen 1 is solid and you'll have no issues at all. Like @littlepod said, bulk ammo will not be your friend. Also, with Eley, you could run into some challenges with feeding and if that's all you're going to use, then I'd call Vudoo and get followers with a different top angle. Don't alter the ones you have.

MB

Reactions: camocorvette
I own the Gen 1 and have had no problems with it. It loves SK Red and Center X the best.

Reactions: BuyDirt
Howdy all.

I just scored a G1 VuDoo BA, it's coming with a 20MOA rail, brake, and TriggerTech "Special" trigger. It will be riding in an MPA BA Chassis for now until I get the funds together for a McMillan M40A1 (It's my favorite stock for shooting). Eventually I will be hanging a silencer off the end of the barrel. I have some "extra" glass floating around so I'm good there as well.

Typically I like to ask BEFORE I buy something if there are any issues/quirks I should be aware of on a firearm but this came together pretty quickly. So, here we are...
Sooooooo... ARE there any issues or quirks I should be aware of on these rifles? I'll be running a LOT of bulk ammo through it for a while as there are no shops local to me that carry match .22. Once I find some, I'll be shooting that until I can't find it anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

PS: I will add pics when it arrives.
Which breech face? If it’s the flat face you may have problems with the suppressor contaminants fall back down the barrel. I believe this is why it was changed to the cone breech and later the hybrid.
My gen 1 has been great, only issue is it doesn’t extract a live round but hasn’t caused me any problems. After shooting NRL/ PRS 22 found this is fairly common, so just be aware. Also be aware if you shoot off of barricades and jam that mag into your bag it may cause feeding problems, mag blocker fixes this. I haven’t had any of the rimlock issues, fail to fire or fail to eject problems, like zero except those mentioned above ( hope I didn’t just f#%# myself). When someone else shoots my Vudoo it jams because they try to transgender the damn action, run it HARD.

Which breech face? If it’s the flat face you may have problems with the suppressor contaminants fall back down the barrel. I believe this is why it was changed to the cone breech and later the hybrid.
My gen 1 has been great, only issue is it doesn’t extract a live round but hasn’t caused me any problems. After shooting NRL/ PRS 22 found this is fairly common, so just be aware. Also be aware if you shoot off of barricades and jam that mag into your bag it may cause feeding problems, mag blocker fixes this. I haven’t had any of the rimlock issues, fail to fire or fail to eject problems, like zero except those mentioned above ( hope I didn’t just f#%# myself). When someone else shoots my Vudoo it jams because they try to transgender the damn action, run it HARD.
I have no idea on breechface. I won’t have it in hand for a few days.

I'm working on getting some Eley Match as I type this.
I understand that I'll have to mod the mags. That's fine.

You don't automatically have to mod anything. I have run Eley in my Gen 1 since I got it 5 years ago with the same mags and it runs fine. I use a Manners stock though. Was out today with my Gen 2 shooting eley and fed just fine. Seems like some with chassis have more issues with having Eley feed. One thing to watch with Eley is rim lock when loading. There is a video out on it.

The Gen 1 are excellent and you will be happy with it.

The Gen 1 is solid and you'll have no issues at all. Like @littlepod said, bulk ammo will not be your friend. Also, with Eley, you could run into some challenges with feeding and if that's all you're going to use, then I'd call Vudoo and get followers with a different top angle. Don't alter the ones you have.

MB
Thank you Sir.
I appreciate you jumping in.

FWIW, if you ever make it down this way (Texas) I'll buy you a coffee or beer, your choice.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Annnnnddddd…

She’s home!

VuDoo G1 BA in an MPA with Leupold VX5HD 3-15 on top.
Much of this may wind up changing but for now I’m incredibly stoked. Should be a hoot!!
9CBE0208-CD13-4572-988C-EDA3582B590B.jpeg

Thank you Sir.
I appreciate you jumping in.

FWIW, if you ever make it down this way (Texas) I'll buy you a coffee or beer, your choice.
Thank you, that sounds awesome. Let me know if you need anything.

MB