• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works 17M2

Awesome! Great addition to the family.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I wish I knew more about this cartridge. How does it differ from 17 hmr? Is ammo radially available?

Google will return much faster results than just asking here.

Short answer: vudoo can make the aics style mags work with the Mach 2

I wish I knew more about this cartridge. How does it differ from 17 hmr? Is ammo radially available?
In short, the 17M2 is a necked down 22LR. Same case head dims, feeds from 22LR mags, uses a 17 grain bullet that runs between 2100 and 2200 fps and hits hard on small game. Originally, it was overshadowed by the 17HMR but fell off the market for more reasons than that. Not that long ago, ammo companies started seeing more interest and began producing small runs of ammo to see if it would take off. We've been watching it at Vudoo and I built one over a year ago to play around with. Fortunately, we started getting calls and emails about it and pressed forward to select a barrel maker and started making receivers that weren't marked 22LR during production. We actually started shipping the 17M2 a few weeks ago as a small test run and the response was pretty awesome. Ammo is readily available from Hornady, which is who we've chosen as a supplier.

Let me know if you have additional questions, etc.

MB

i-Qw66fdZ-M.jpg

.17 WSM 20gr - .223 55gr Vmax - .22 mag 30g - .17WSM 25gr - .17HMR 17gr - .17HM2 17gr
3000/400 - 3240/1282 - 2200/322 - 2600/375 - 2550/245 - 2100/166 - fps/ft lb at the muzzle.

How accurate are they at 5o and 100 yards
i-p6PbwGR-M.jpg

15rds at 50yds with 20" barrel w/ Axiom suppressor, off bipod with 16x scope with a so-so 1.6lb trigger.
Converted Ruger precision rimfire. I zero at 75yds and give -.5" at 50 and +.5" at 100, +1 at 125.
At 200 with a 100yd zero Hornady states -14" drop.
The sweet spot of the HM2 is 40-110yds for killing larger digger squirrels, the energy starts dropping off past 110yds IMO.

That is going to be an awesome small game rifle.

When Jonathan Elrod sent me a picture of his last year it got me thinking...

Called and talked to Paul today. Super cool. Hope Eley is paying attention now that Anschutz and now Vudoo are back in the Mach2 game.

Sweet round and with a lightweight barrel it is awesome on squirrels to rabbits.

Picked up 500 rounds of new Hornady ammo vtx for 62.00 shipped so about 60 percent of the price of my 17hmr ammo.

Next logical question...will it be allowed in NRL22? Being a rimfire... Maybe as popularity takes off they will feel obligated...

Not a chance. It runs over 2,000 fps.

It will make the game trivial.

If they allowed it for youth 14 or 16 and under then I would be excited still. Getting kids into nrl22 is awesome and The mach2 makes it easier for them to connect from 0-100 yards. Also it’s more explosive and my kids love seeing stuff react.

Not about ease but skill. Another problem is target damage. Maybe you can talk them into starting the NRL17 league. Lol

Reactions: billmeek
If they allowed it for youth 14 or 16 and under then I would be excited still. Getting kids into nrl22 is awesome and The mach2 makes it easier for them to connect from 0-100 yards. Also it’s more explosive and my kids love seeing stuff react.

With a bit of coaching and desire from the child (that’s the biggest part, them wanting to do it), nrl22 is quite easy to shoot 80% or better on as it sits.

Reactions: Frankr
With a bit of coaching and desire from the child (that’s the biggest part, them wanting to do it), nrl22 is quite easy to shoot 80% or better on as it sits.

I can see that with my oldest.

Love to see the potential of the round through a proven platform like the v22/17.

I sure as hell hope Eley comes through. I have a NULA 17M2 that dotes on it. For whatever reason the Hornady ammo has never shot as well or reliably as the Eley. The latest batch of hornady has resulted in about 5% of the rounds not going off reliably but what I have left of the Eley goes bang every time. I probably need to clean the bolt and spring to see if it improves.

You want to find the old Eley labeled ammo. It's always shot WAY better than the hornady or other makers.

At one point it was like $3.50 a box but no clue what it runs now. It is worth it....

These things are going to be amazing for hunting. Great round in a. great platform.

@NOMAD that's what I'm thinking as well. Looking forward to reading some range reports and accuracy results with currently available ammunition.

You want to find the old Eley labeled ammo. It's always shot WAY better than the hornady or other makers.

At one point it was like $3.50 a box but no clue what it runs now. It is worth it....

It’s been out of production for several years and Eley doesn’t seem to be interested in bringing it back. The Remington labeled ammo I have was made by Eley

IF you were looking to buy your first Vudoo, to be used for hunting only, would it be the 17M2 or a 22LR?

22lr. I don’t like being a slave to ONE manufacturer of ammo. And if you were a 17m2 owner that got caught out of ammo during the 17m2 glut you’d say the same. I also already own a 17m2 just not a vudoo.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER