• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Went and picked up two chassis for the Vodoo barreled actions on order. The wait is killing me :devilish:
Dropped them off to be Cerakoted

Attachments

• 0EF606D8-5B36-4C37-892E-8B716600B526.jpeg
    0EF606D8-5B36-4C37-892E-8B716600B526.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 125
  • D7B0AE5B-B7C1-461C-B3BB-3EA06F08B848.jpeg
    D7B0AE5B-B7C1-461C-B3BB-3EA06F08B848.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 120
I now have over 200 rnds through my Vodoo and the groups keep getting tighter. I have their action in a McMillan B10 stock bedded by Hill Country Rifles New Braunfels Texas, a Jewel trigger and the last group at 100 yds with Lapua center x measured 1/4” by 3/8” for ten rounds from a bod and rear bag . Could not be happier with the rifle. Next best ammo for my rifle is SK long range

I now have over 200 rnds through my Vodoo and the groups keep getting tighter. I have their action in a McMillan B10 stock bedded by Hill Country Rifles New Braunfels Texas, a Jewel trigger and the last group at 100 yds with Lapua center x measured 1/4” by 3/8” for ten rounds from a bod and rear bag . Could not be happier with the rifle. Next best ammo for my rifle is SK long range
Is your trigger a Jewel BR trigger, with 0.2-0.4 oz pull weight?

Well I guess I’ll be post 5001 and state that I just finally bought a V22 with a 18” kukri profile proof barrel from MHSA today!
Congratulations. I love mine. Good people at MHSA. What stock/chassis?

Reactions: Krob95
Congratulations. I love mine. Good people at MHSA. What stock/chassis?
So a little birdie told me AI will be releasing a new chassis by end of year so for the time being I’m gonna run a bravo I think. When I walked in, I wanted to run a aiax chassis and may still. I don’t know yet lol

So a little birdie told me AI will be releasing a new chassis by end of year so for the time being I’m gonna run a bravo I think. When I walked in, I wanted to run a aiax chassis and may still. I don’t know yet lol
AI did have a new R700 pattern AXSR-ish chassis at SHOT Show.
BBC9E71C-73AB-4500-AAE0-BC2C74B299F9.jpeg

Just another prop for VGW superior client service. My Cadex Strike Nuke Evo chassis had an issue with mag fit that periodically caused a feeding issue. After speaking with them and Cadex, known issue they were working on. Got a call today from Vudoo, shipping you out the new improved bottom metal to solve the problem. They offered to pay to send the rifle to them and back at no charge but I’m certainly capable of changing the bottom myself....but means a mountain of testimony they offered first without prompting or hesitation. One of the many reasons why there will be more of their rifles in my safe.

Shout out to Cadex to, way to stand behind your excellent product also.

Many thanks to both great companies,

Indoors or outdoors? Amazing group either way!
Outdoors, bench, bipod (BT72) and a game changer for rear bag. Planning on heading to an indoor range with a proper rest next days off to see how well this lot of Center X does

Here's some unsorted federal ultra match ... I was shocked when I switched over to sorted center x and pulled that small group... Is the vertical spread from it not being sorted, or is it worth even chasing federal match?

Attachments

• 20200227_132539.jpg
    20200227_132539.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 108
wow nice 4066.5. im starting to sell off some c&r duplicates and misc scraps to fund a new 22, and it will most likely be a vudoo. kinda cool, you are the first person i have seen that shoots at the paper hole reinforcements like i prefer to do. looks like staples brand.

:)

Reactions: 4066.5
Yup. That’s the one lol I like the ARCA rails built in and interchangeable grips As I’m very fond of the MPA vertical grip. Did they have a price estimate by chance?
No price that I saw. My guess is it will be in line with the current AX-AICS chassis but that’s just speculation.

One thing to note on their new AR grip interface. It uses an Ergo grip, but the AR grip tang itself is rotated backwards 10 degrees, so that the Ergo grip is more vertical. The big downside with that is if you bolt on an MPA or MDT vertical grip, it’s going to be rotated backwards as well and essentially be useless.

Reactions: Defender3
wow nice 4066.5. im starting to sell off some c&r duplicates and misc scraps to fund a new 22, and it will most likely be a vudoo. kinda cool, you are the first person i have seen that shoots at the paper hole reinforcements like i prefer to do. looks like staples brand.

:)
Nice! Walmart for me but I can't imagine any price difference.. give color coding labels a try, my favorite 100 yard target is a hole reinforcer over a 3/4 label.
20200227_182707.jpg

Here's my usual from top to bottom Handgun/300 yard (cut in half), 200 yard, 100 yard, 50 yard

1200 targets for ~6$

Reactions: Mr. Z and 10ring1
No price that I saw. My guess is it will be in line with the current AX-AICS chassis but that’s just speculation.

One thing to note on their new AR grip interface. It uses an Ergo grip, but the AR grip tang itself is rotated backwards 10 degrees, so that the Ergo grip is more vertical. The big downside with that is if you bolt on an MPA or MDT vertical grip, it’s going to be rotated backwards as well and essentially be useless.

Well that’s a damn shame about the grips. I may just go with an AX chassis then lol thanks for the heads up on this man!

Nice! Walmart for me but I can't imagine any price difference.. give color coding labels a try, my favorite 100 yard target is a hole reinforcer over a 3/4 label.
View attachment 7260137
Here's my usual from top to bottom Handgun/300 yard (cut in half), 200 yard, 100 yard, 50 yard

1200 targets for ~6$
I Use the same

I just placed my order for a V-22 with a 20" Kukri.

Ive been watching this thread for a while and have seen some really, really nice setups. With a "friend" prodding me with pictures of his V-22 in an AICS, I was itching and twitching. Today I called Mile High to ask a simple question, are they making the 13" AICS' any longer? Nope. Which led to, will the 16" swap with a 13"? Yup and I think we have one in pale brown. Oh, oh, that's exactly what I was looking for. Now I have burned a hole in my wallet and have a 13" AICS in pale brown and a 20" V-22 on the way. I have a Huber trigger I think will fit so I may be joining the club late next week. :)

I need advice on cleaning. I purchased the bore guide but need guidance on what size jag, patches, rod, etc. I understand I need a rod and jag that are smaller than .187. But what about brushes and patches. Do I size for .22 or .187?

I need advice on cleaning. I purchased the bore guide but need guidance on what size jag, patches, rod, etc. I understand I need a rod and jag that are smaller than .187. But what about brushes and patches. Do I size for .22 or .187?

Look in this thread #2990 lots of info. I drilled my bushing for bore tech 22 rim fire rod and all standard jags work.

Nice shooting! If I may ask, what if your sorting procedure? Just by weight?
Not sure if it does any good, but I enjoy the process. Weight then rim thickness

I toss the bullets into an old pillow case to knock off some of the lube ( mostly habit from winter here when the lube gets hard), sort by weight on a cheap Frankford scale, then break those groups into 5 round groups by rim thickness with a Hornady gauge.
If there's only or 3 left I'll steal one from the nearest weight group to make up.

I found you have to be pretty diligent on cleaning off the rim gauge in between measurements, lube will build up and will grow over the course of a box of 50.

Reactions: Steelhead
I asked Bore Tech the same question last fall and their answer after contacting Vudoo was to drill the bushing to the 22 rimfire size, which is slightly smaller than their 22 centerfire rod to clear the ejector, or not use the bushing at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-213347_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-213347_Outlook.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 80
So just use .22 cal gear and NOT use the Vudoo provided .187 bushing?

Mostly I'm curious about downsizing to .20 or .17 jag to accommodate a patch or if the .22 jag takes that into consideration?

I was going to get the Bore-Tech rod and their jag and some brushes and patches.

Mostly I'm curious about downsizing to .20 or .17 jag to accommodate a patch or if the .22 jag takes that into consideration?

I was going to get the Bore-Tech rod and their jag and some brushes and patches.
I got a .17 cal rod from Montana Extreme (they make some nice stuff) and a .20 cal jag. I found it impossible to push a patch through on a .22 cal jag, but the .20 works fine.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

I just used the guide, bore tech 22rf rod and 22rf jag. I will probably eventually drill out the bushing to match the rod so I can use it.

Took out the MagnetoSpeed, since I own one :geek:, to see what kind of speeds and SD/ES I'm getting w/ Center X. I shot four series. One 8 round, three 10 round, and one 70 round. The first two shots on series one were not registered due to sensitivity set too low. I ended up having to set it to 11, and why it's better than a Lab Radar which only goes to 10, and it didn't miss a shot since.

18" barrel. 72* F, 25.0in HG, 26% Humidity

Series 1. 8 shots.
Min 1073, Max 1108
Avg. 1090, SD 12.1 ES 35

Series 2. 10 shots.
Min 1067, Max 1106
Avg. 1081, SD 11.8, ES 39

Series 3. 10 shots.
Min 1069, Max 1115
Avg. 1087, SD 13.9, ES 46

Series 4. 70 shots.
Min 1073, Max 1115
Avg. 1090, SD 8.9, ES 42

Bullets and turrets agree w/ speeds registered. 1.8 MIL at 100 yards w/ 25 yard zero.

Running on the ragged edge of supersonic. Little disappointed in ES. Easily 1.5" vertical dispersion possible at 100 yards due to spread.

Are the ES consistent with other's are getting w/ Center X?

Last edited:
I got a .17 cal rod from Montana Extreme (they make some nice stuff) and a .20 cal jag. I found it impossible to push a patch through on a .22 cal jag, but the .20 works fine.
Which 20 cal jag are you using.im also having same issue.when removing bushung and trying 22 rod and jag..even ejector will try prevent it

Which and what size patches?
I think they just have one .20 jag. I also got some nylon brushes—the .20s are also threaded the same as that Montana Xtreme .17 rod. I’m out of town so I can’t say for sure if my patches are 1" or 1.25".

I think they just have one .20 jag. I also got some nylon brushes—the .20s are also threaded the same as that Montana Xtreme .17 rod. I’m out of town so I can’t say for sure if my patches are 1" or 1.25".
The 20 cal bore tech rod fit vuddo bore guide bushing?

Took out the MagnetoSpeed, since I own one :geek:, to see what kind of speeds and SD/ES I'm getting w/ Center X. I shot four series. One 8 round, three 10 round, and one 70 round. The first two shots on series one were not registered due to sensitivity set too low. I ended up having to set it to 11, and why it's better than a Lab Radar which only goes to 10, and it didn't miss a shot since.

18" barrel. 72* F, 25.0in HG, 26% Humidity

Series 1. 8 shots.
Min 1073, Max 1108
Avg. 1090, SD 12.1 ES 35

Series 2. 10 shots.
Min 1067, Max 1106
Avg. 1081, SD 11.8, ES 39

Series 3. 10 shots.
Min 1069, Max 1115
Avg. 1087, SD 13.9, ES 46

Series 4. 70 shots.
Min 1073, Max 1115
Avg. 1090, SD 8.9, ES 42

Bullets and turrets agree w/ speeds registered. 1.8 MIL at 100 yards w/ 25 yard zero.

Running on the ragged edge of supersonic. Little disappointed in ES. Easily 1.5" vertical dispersion possible at 100 yards due to spread.

Are the ES consistent with other's are getting w/ Center X?

Sounds like a pretty bad lot of center-x. When I did lot testing from goodshooting inc, I had 2 lots that were significantly bad... so it was shooting around 1" at 100 yards. The other 2 lots were shooting in the .7's. I did eventually chrono it, and was shooting 1076 and SD of 10.

The lot # also specifies which velocity, and you can choose that. It's in m/s So they run from 27xxx to 29xxx. If you're shooting in different DA where you velocity is pushing supersonic, you might want to try their 27xxx line and not a 29xxx line. I'm shooting a 29xxxx and it chronoed for me around 1079. The 27 - 29, is 3(27) 3(29) m/s.

I emailed Vudoo on what rod they recommended with their boreguide... I used to use a Proshot 20cal rod/jag for the Tikka, 22cal was too tight of a fit in the match barrel.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty bad lot of center-x. When I did lot testing from goodshooting inc, I had 2 lots that were significantly bad... so it was shooting around 1" at 100 yards. The other 2 lots were shooting in the .7's. I did eventually chrono it, and was shooting 1076 and SD of 10.

The lot # also specifies which velocity, and you can choose that. It's in m/s So they run from 27xxxx to 29xxxx. If you're shooting in different DA where you velocity is pushing supersonic, you might want to try their 27xxxx line and not a 29xxxx line. I'm shooting a 29xxxx and it's the one at 1076 fps.

I emailed Vudoo on what rod they recommended with their boreguide... I used to use a Proshot 20cal rod/jag for the Tikka, 22cal was too tight of a fit in the match barrel.

Lot# 28554/605942

Average group size of .79 Moa.

IMG_0857.jpeg

Last edited:
Lot# 28554/605942

Average group size of .79 Moa.

View attachment 7262804

Nice! Yeh the ES is large though... that would've been a .1" per fps at 200 yards, so you're looking at > 3" group. My friend has been shooting in the 2.5" groups, so I guess an ES of around 25.

This is the lot# I did when I tested with my friend's RPRR and my Tikka IBI. Vudoo comes I think end of this week or early next week! I have 1200 rounds left of this lot to play with the Vudoo.

1583120857465.png