• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Here’s the HUGE problem with waiting for accuracy to fall off before you clean:

The accuracy falls off. And you don’t know when. If you only plink for fun, who cares. If you shoot matches or have money tied up in hunting, you’re asking for trouble.

Do you wait until your car breaks down to change the oil? Why treat your rifle the same??

The other big problem;

It’s not always the accuracy that falls off. For example, I basically wasted $500+ on the Rifles Only brawl this year because I didn’t clean at regularly scheduled maintenance. The rifle shot fine. Made first round impacts on a stage at 1k, 9, 8, 7 in high winds with 10 or 12” plates. Accuracy never fell off.

By the 4th stage bolt lift was sticky. By next day I was beating the bolt open and had lost so many points from that + the beating open, I stopped shooting with 3 stages left.

Between diagnosing with different methods and eventually a bore scope, the problem was a carbon ring so bad that it had turned my .020” jump into a jam. See the pic below.

So, wait for a problem to start (accuracy degradation is a problem) before you clean and see what happens to you.

BA249ED6-70B2-409C-AB37-512C46F2A912.jpeg

Reactions: Cuzz and littlepod
Got my silencer today. Top left and right 3 are without silencer, left except very top one are with silencer. I hate it but it looks like silencer is going back in box.
Also does anybody know why my pics turn 90 degrees?View attachment 7265362
There is a bug in the forum software (or lack of a feature) where it doesn’t recognize the orientation of some photos and just always puts them in landscape format. This happens with my iPhone. It will probably stick around a while just like the bug causing it to display half the image on mobile browsers.

My suppressor is detrimental to accuracy in my rifle as well. I'm trying a 45 cal Quiet Bore to see if it effects accy the way my dedicated rimfire can does
i have two savage - bartlein 6.5’s that omega 300 seem to help, certianly don’t hurt. Yester day was first time i tried it on 22, i’m not giving up yet. The 22 is very quiet.

There is a bug in the forum software (or lack of a feature) where it doesn’t recognize the orientation of some photos and just always puts them in landscape format. This happens with my iPhone. It will probably stick around a while just like the bug causing it to display half the image on mobile browsers.
I have deleted the pic, taken it again with iphone turned 90 degrees and that fixed it.

Looking for a new chassis for my V22 18" barrel. Looking at MDT ACC.... Does anyone have photo's of a ACC with 18" barrel.
Or recommendations for a PRS chassis

Looking for a new chassis for my V22 18" barrel. Looking at MDT ACC.... Does anyone have photo's of a ACC with 18" barrel.
Or recommendations for a PRS chassis
I have the MDT with a 22" barrel and the 18" would not even come close to the end of the chassis

Attachments

• MDT.jpg
    MDT.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Caution! regarding V22 barrel lengths in ACC, MPA, etc. chassis. The barrel you get may be shorter than what you order, and there's a reason for it.

I ordered a 20" Ace barrel in Kukri when I got my V22 a year ago. When it arrived, it appeared to me that the barrel was shorter than 20" so I measured it - sure enough, it was closer to 19". I emailed Jill about it. Here's the important part of her response - another example of the attention to detail Vudoo puts into their rifles.

Jill said (color change mine):
"Not an uncommon question that we probably could have been more explicit on, let me explain… One of the reasons the V-22 is so accurate is some of the attention to detail we put into creating the barrel. Our lengths are "published lengths", what we shoot, with our main goal being to make sure the tight portion of the barrel occurs right at the muzzle. This happened to occur very close to 19” on your barrel blank."

She offered to replace the barrel with a full 20" one if I wanted - nope, I'm good.

Here's a photo of my rifle (other photos elsewhere in this 100+ page (!!!) thread). If I had ordered an 18" barrel and there was any shortening as Jill described, the MPA spigot would be as long as the barrel.

BZMQrS%hQ36mKFxm3suYMA_thumb_2be.jpg

Stuff is starting to arrive...hopefully the V-22 is at the FFL tonight.

IMG_3503-1303224.jpg

IMG_3504-1303225.jpg
Did you get a 13” forend for that chassis? And then what length barrel are you going to be running? I have a 18” proof that will one day reside in a aiax chassis (gotta buy the centerfire version first) and was wondering how it’ll look.

Did you get a 13” forend for that chassis? And then what length barrel are you going to be running? I have a 18” proof that will one day reside in a aiax chassis (gotta buy the centerfire version first) and was wondering how it’ll look.

Yes, I think I got the last pale brown with a 13" known to man as Mile High said they stopped making them a while ago. My V-22 arrived last night and has a 20" Kukri. I measured it and the barrel extends 18.25" from the front receiver lug. I hope to fit it later today to see how it sits in this chassis.

I have an AI in .260 that is in a factory 13" forend chassis and with a 24" proof barrel. Not the best picture, but I didn't have a good side shot. This forend measures 13:"

IMG_3447-1304215.jpg

ETA - Here's the V-22 with the 20" Kukri in the 13" AICS chassis. The 13" forend actually measures 14.25."

IMG_3508-2-1304241.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going for the same set up ideally but in green lol I appreciate the pictures and info man!!

Reactions: Defender3
Well after a long 10 months in the making I can finally say I have now own and have shot a vudoo and couldnt be more in love with it! Big shout out to @RAVAGE88 for the finest rimfire I’ve ever shot and MHSA for getting me set up with my barreled action! Black on black with a carbon barrel is perfect!
6A90E844-B7DA-4DAC-99F7-5A5C3CF1579D.jpeg
C3CC6C5F-7BE2-43EB-83BB-B72D9E8EFC36.jpeg

Defender3, That JAE stock is sweet! Wish I could've gotten one before they closed up...hell, I wish I could afford 4 of them!

Defender3, That JAE stock is sweet! Wish I could've gotten one before they closed up...hell, I wish I could afford 4 of them!

I'm right there with ya, I luv my JAE 700 and 100 for my M-14. There's a JAE 700 0n the Exchange in Sniper Grey that is just beautiful. If I didn't blow a hole in my wallet with this Vudoo and associated stuff, I would have bought it.

I also called and spoke with the Vudoo folks before I bought this action asking about the JAE and they said the Vudoo's absolutely luv that chassis.

Reactions: SourMash
So just to add, my 18" Kukri measures about 16.5" where the barrel meets the action.

Had a chance to shoot out to 400 yards today. My DOPE was spot on, the wind was tricky. 300 and in was no drama. I did have one hell of a spotter though. :geek:

Shot my centerfire out to 1400. No hits there as my dope got wanky. 800-1100 was spot on, 1300 started getting weird. Like a MIL or more low. Again, my spotter got me straightened out and would have hit at 1400 and maybe gone for a mile if I had brought more ammo.

Regarding the suppressors. I've had the same problem when I put my SICO Warlock II on my Vudoo, accuracy degraded. However, for giggles, I tried my Odessa 9mm and SICO 9K can on it. Accuracy did not degrade. It stayed just as accurate. Weird.

I did ask Vudoo what suppressor they recommended and they said they like the AMTAC Fireant. I guess it doesn't push carbon and junk back up the barrel. They didn't say anything about accuracy though.

I guess I should try shooting w/o mine and see. I have no complaints as is but I only shot it w/o at 25 yards for about 5-10 rounds when I first took it out.

I haven't seen much difference with the Spectre II, not even POI shift. But maybe my shooting isn't good enough to discern a tiny change...

I got the pieces all lined up and put the action into a JAE and AICS to see which I might prefer.

The JAE:

IMG_3513-1-1305555.jpg

The AICS:

IMG_3511-1-1305554.jpg

The action in the JAE:

IMG_3516-1-1305560.jpg

IMG_3517-1-1305561.jpg

In the AICS:

IMG_3526-1-1305565.jpg

IMG_3523-1-1305564.jpg

I think I like the father and son combination...

IMG_3535-1-1305750.jpg

I love the JAE chassis. A guy let me shoot his rifle at the local public range one day and it was in this chassis. If I recall correctly it was a 6 Dasher and he was fire forming loads. The thing fit me like a glove. After that a JAE chassis was on my wish list of things to own. I was saddened to see them stop production. Maybe I’ll get lucky and have some spare cash on hand someday when someone wants to sell a used one.

I tested approximately 30 different ammos with and without my can. All at 100 yds. Everyone shot better without the can. Estimate 30% better on avg

I tested approximately 30 different ammos with and without my can. All at 100 yds. Everyone shot better without the can. Estimate 30% better on avg
Groups 3&4 are at 100 yards. The one high one in group three was the second shot as I was trying to find my zero. The way low shot was the first shot of that group. Shot with a TBAC 22TD. So I don’t know man. I think with a can, it’s still plenty accurate for a 22. I’ll try without a can tomorrow so I can have some comparison.
1B938FD7-C886-4825-8D95-F0D10089FC2B.jpeg

A question concerning silencers. I have notices a bunch of "crude" being pushed into the action when using my suppressor. Does this "crude" cause barrel damage?

A question concerning silencers. I have notices a bunch of "crude" being pushed into the action when using my suppressor. Does this "crude" cause barrel damage?
I would have to say no. Reason being, I believe we "shooting community" would have heard something about by now. I personally haven't noticed anything negative when using my suppressors.

I will say that I am reluctant to use the Sparrow on my threaded 10/22 barrel because the action does get extremely dirty very quick and causes feed issues, cycling issues and even magazine issues. It's a safe bet to say I'd never buy another 10/22 barrel threaded unless it just come that way with no cheaper alternative. Other words, I wouldn't pay extra for threads on a 10/22 barrel.

It
doesn’t cause any barrel damage but it sure will lock your action up.

it’s a hard thing to get used to but start carrying your Vudoo muzzle down never muzzle up.

Reactions: Xrslug
Which sear are those with a B&A tacsport pro 2 stage using?Thinking or trying one out.

I don't think it damages anything, but may contribute to accuracy degradation.

One of the reasons Vudoo told me they like the ATAC Firefly, was because it does NOT push crud back into the barrel. It would be interesting to know from other's whether the suppressor they are using is pushing crud back into their barrels. I can say for sure that my Warlock II, does push crud back into the barrel.

I know my TBAC .22 take down sure does. The baffles are coned shape and act like a funnel dumping the un burnt powder back down the barrel.
I have a SILCO Sparrow that sounds like it is more shaped like the ATAC Firefly. A monocore wave style.
If the weather allows I'll run a side by side comparison off of a bench this weekend.
I figure off a bench without moving or picking up the rifle will be a fair comparison to see which rifle is cleaner.

Reactions: Steelhead
Paid for my Vudoo yesterday and it's on it's way to my FFL. Hope to have it in hand this week, but with the Bighorn this weekend, I doubt I'll be shooting until next weekend.

This thread is so damn awesome! Lots of nice lookin rifles!

Anyone running a Huber Two Stage in their rifle? Any problems to note? I have one and am hoping to use it for the time being.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Paid for my Vudoo yesterday and it's on it's way to my FFL. Hope to have it in hand this week, but with the Bighorn this weekend, I doubt I'll be shooting until next weekend.

Anyone running a Huber Two Stage in their rifle? Any problems to note? I have one and am hoping to use it for the time being.

Yes. 2.25 lbs. And I like it a lot.

I just installed a Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage with flat 90 degree trigger shoe in mine. I fucking love it. Its amazing. 2nd stage pull weight is set at 6oz. Very noticeable wall between 1st and 2nd stage, 2nd stage breaks like glass. So happy I bought 3 more. My Vudoo did require the High sear...

Last edited:

I'm putting a Huber in mine, just haven't done it yet.

Worth every penny. After putting one in the Vudoo I bought 3 for my TL3's with low sears and 90 degree trigger shoes for all of them. They are awesome!

Do I have to order the trigger, the hanger, and the shoe to have all the pieces for the Vudoo? So $295 + $32 for the shoe + $35 for the sear?

Anyone have suggestions to a mount for a etr/Cronus on my Ridgeback with a 20 moa base and MTU contour? Looking for suggestions with those with a similar setup for clearance