• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

What’s the minimum tenon diameter needed to still shoulder up on the V22?

Not sure if I follow your question, but if you are talking about barrel/receiver fitment, the V22 barrel tenon is threaded.

Not sure if I follow your question, but if you are talking about barrel/receiver fitment, the V22 barrel tenon is threaded.
I’m aware of that. I’m asking what is the minimum shoulder diameter needed? I know they offer a 1.15” shank barrel, but I have several rimfire blanks that are smaller.

I’m aware of that. I’m asking what is the minimum shoulder diameter needed? I know they offer a 1.15” shank barrel, but I have several rimfire blanks that are smaller.

Ok, I understand now, Padom or Flatlander will know.

I bought my lefty a while back and I really wanted the lighter profile at 18". But a good buy for those who haven't bought one yet.

I bought my lefty a while back and I really wanted the lighter profile at 18". But a good buy for those who haven't bought one yet.

Definitely a good buy, pays for a trigger or at least most of it. I bet they don't last long.

This just happened!

i-kT32tx6-M.png

Night shoot at this....

i-4xLP8vc-L.jpg

i-t2nS2kK-L.jpg

Nice, super tight group! What are the other two photos, shooting in the dark with night vision?

Nice, super tight group! What are the other two photos, shooting in the dark with night vision?
The others are this target frame I made and LED light out in the orchard. Optic is a Trijicon 5-50x56 Accupower using the green reticle illumination for contrast. The first three groups were shot using 40x magnification, the last two using 22.5x..... Learning experience.

i-8Zjqqqb-L.jpg

Wow, you guys really have high dollar scopes. Very nice! It looks like you shot better with the lower power setting.

Who was shooting it?;)
You're killing me Smalls. ?

I remeasured the group in the cardboard backer this morning..... ?

i-Qc7T2B3-L.png

This rimfire stuff is very similar to golf..... both create serious levels of focus and micro management, scoring going forward is compared in your mind against your personal bests with weather conditions factored. It's very easy to obsessively practice bad habits over and over and expect different results. You need good equipment, but more often than not it comes down to the Indian not the arrow. :rolleyes:

Wow, you guys really have high dollar scopes. Very nice! It looks like you shot better with the lower power setting.
The Vudoo V-22's build quality and accuracy potential with good lots of ammo totally justifies high quality optics. It's definitely a major paradigm shift from my first scope on my 10/22 in 1974.

When shooting 100/200 yd bench matches the 5-50 doubles as a spotting scope. Though last night pretty much convinced me I've been using too much magnification.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Those ammo cases look awesome! I would love to buy one right now but I still need to invest in a few more magazines. I really want two of the new 10 round aluminum ones and one five rounder. After those are acquired, I can definitely see one of these in my future. The last time I was at the range, I forgot to zip one of the pockets on my drag bag and had about 4 boxes of SK fall 5 feet to their (almost) demise. It luckily only damaged a few of them, but still..

Although not an article on the Vudoo V-22, I believe you all will find the beginning of the article interesting and I’m humbled by the observation and recognition.

MB

we have to acknowledge the godfather of the 40x repeater conversion is Mike Bush. He’s the guy who figured out the most effective way to feed the tiny 22LR round in the larger 40x/R700-sized action was adapting a modified AICS-dimensioned magazine. That was back around 2011, and his magazine ultimately became the basis of today’s Vudoo Gun Works V-22 rimfire repeater system. The R700 footprint V-22 is widely viewed as the Lexus of 22LR precision trainers, with barreled actions costing $1,770.

Technically you should be humbled. You've resurrected the true joy many of us enthusiastically experienced as kids years ago and will never forget.

Now get busy improving the consistency of the ammunition that your design has exposed.

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Those ammo cases look awesome! I would love to buy one right now but I still need to invest in a few more magazines. I really want two of the new 10 round aluminum ones and one five rounder. After those are acquired, I can definitely see one of these in my future. The last time I was at the range, I forgot to zip one of the pockets on my drag bag and had about 4 boxes of SK fall 5 feet to their (almost) demise. It luckily only damaged a few of them, but still..
The little plastic case that Burris xtr rings come on holes 3 boxes perfectly. If you happen to have those laying around

Last edited:
Reactions: nakoa01
Is there any advantage to the new aluminum magazines?

Is there any advantage to the new aluminum magazines?

5 and 15 round capacity is a huge one. Others are the weight for drop free ability for some rifles. Nothing wrong with the original mags as I still run them but to get a factory 15 round will be great and not having to worry about adding extensions on the 10 rounders.

My new Manners PRS2 just arrived last week. It's fitted with Surgeon bottom metal, a Timney Calvin Elite, Seekins rings, AAC Element2 suppressor, and a Nightforce NX8. I've pillar bedded it with the Surgeon pillars for now. I want to add one of the new Area 419 Arca rails with the weights to help it balance better as soon as I am able to afford it.

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Vudoo might be getting close to releasing their new bolt throw receiver and MHS is trying to sell off their remaining inventory. Of course that's all speculation. But, I have never seen a Vudoo on sale before.
What is this speculate u speak of kiss?

I only speculate because Vudoo's don't need to be on sale to entice people to buy them. However, would you buy a Vudoo with a 60 or 90 degree bolt throw?

Reactions: jeronimo
I only speculate because Vudoo's don't need to be on sale to entice people to buy them. However, would you buy a Vudoo with a 60 or 90 degree bolt throw?

The way they are now works just fine. People get way to wrapped up in bolt throw in centerfire too. You practice with either and you will be plenty fast and smooth enough.

Do you think Mile High may be having a sale due to the decrease in sales due to the current situation we're experiencing? ?

Ferrari, Lamborghini and high-end yacht sales also do not suffer in a rough patch.

The way they are now works just fine. People get way to wrapped up in bolt throw in centerfire too. You practice with either and you will be plenty fast and smooth enough.

I certainly agree with you on the fact that it's not really that big of a deal. However for me at least it's about the small gains. After controlling the ammo situation as best as you can and having a very good grasp on the proper mechanics the next place to look is on repeatability. One excellence place to look for improving repeatability shot to shot to shot is by minimizing the amount of movement between shots. Which is where bolt lift, bolt throw, trigger and grip placement become important. This isn't just anecdotal, it's one of the main driving forces behind innovation in many precision shooting disciplines. For me it's most apparent in the Olympic or ISSF smallbore rifle game. This isn't meant to be argumentive simply my reason for shooting what I shoot, food for thought...

Everyone is different and I am sure some like 60 degree but it won't make them shoot any better. Practice does. I get your points but I do not agree that the small difference in bolt throw will make someone a better shooter or more accurate.

I go between 60 and 90 on centerfire rigs. If you manipulate the bolt properly, the sights don’t move on either anymore than the other and I cannot tell a difference in time.

The only time I can tell the difference is if something causes heavy primary extraction issues. The already heavier lift on a 60 deg stacks on the extraction. This is a problem one shouldn’t have and shouldn’t be taken into account when choosing bolt throw

I can see how something like Olympic or Across the course shooting may benefit from throw and lift. But nothing most of us here shoot.

It’s just a matter of personal preference. That being said, I would buy a vudoo 60deg repeater the day it released if one ever does. But I won’t get rid of my 90.

I love surprises. I have a Bix TacSport PRO here waiting on something to put it in. I have thought about, studied for a few months on what high end rifle will be added next. I believe the top three, Vudoo, RimX and the Deuce will all be accurate, but the deciding factor for me is the service Vudoo gives their customers. You can't argue with success and MB and the Vudoo team have it. There's not to many people in the world I'd go out of my way to shake hands with but President Trump and Mike Bush are my top two.

I would imagine that is very true because my 90° bolt on my B-14R is smooth as glass. IMO the main reason a person should get either is if they were replicating their centerfire rifle. If a person didn't have a CF rifle I wouldn't be able to understand why someone would want a high lift bolt throw over a lower one.

Reactions: learjet
Would be cool but man mine is a laser and wouldn't want not to shoot it all the time... instead of half the time. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: nakoa01
I usually don't shoot groups much anymore. Here's a 10 shot group I shot a few days ago. the pic is positioned sideways so the group in reality was horizontal. If it wasn't for that one....oh man. This is very representative of what my vudoo will do. It is not a fluke group
Screenshot_20200410-204348.jpg

I certainly agree with you on the fact that it's not really that big of a deal. However for me at least it's about the small gains. After controlling the ammo situation as best as you can and having a very good grasp on the proper mechanics the next place to look is on repeatability. One excellence place to look for improving repeatability shot to shot to shot is by minimizing the amount of movement between shots. Which is where bolt lift, bolt throw, trigger and grip placement become important. This isn't just anecdotal, it's one of the main driving forces behind innovation in many precision shooting disciplines. For me it's most apparent in the Olympic or ISSF smallbore rifle game. This isn't meant to be argumentive simply my reason for shooting what I shoot, food for thought...
Given that shot to shot repeatability is of ultimate importance, I would think a semi-automatic would be top of the heap. Mount-aim-fire-aim-fire-aim-fire....Perhaps the tradeoff is superior inherent accuracy of a bolt action versus semi-automatic. However, could an automatic be made much more accurate by thinking outside the box?

I usually don't shoot groups much anymore. Here's a 10 shot group I shot a few days ago. the pic is positioned sideways so the group in reality was horizontal. If it wasn't for that one....oh man. This is very representative of what my vudoo will do. It is not a fluke group.

Hell of a group for 10 shots at 100 yds. I hope mine will shoot that well

Reactions: 10ring1