• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Yessir, same footprint. Unlike other BR actions, I retained the recoil lug as well.

MB
MB:

Will the V22 with the fast twist barrel also have the same Rem 700 SA footprint? The other issue is the geometry of the Vudoo/Flavio trigger. When I turned my V22 into a single shot rifle in order to use a GRS stock, the Timney Calvin Elite did not fit the GRS stock but fortunately the Bix'nAndy Single shot Tac Sport Pro did.

The reason is to have a custom stock made to duplicate the stock for my 223 Rem. The stock maker is remarkable but there is a long wait time so perhaps I could get a head start.

Rick
P1010014_DxO.jpg

Mike

I see the BR trigger adjusts to a max of 2.7 ounces. Is there any way it can go to 5 ounces?
Thanks
Jerry

what is this v22L im hearing whispers about?
its long range i presume is it still 22lr

Any reason i shouldn't jump in and buy a V22 now

Thanks KOD, I'm a 22WMR fan. I have big plans for this one in WY later this year.

I don't think I'll be sharing this info outside our own barrel company, but we'll see.

MB
No reason to cause the ACE is a hammer... If the mag is anything like the ace, it will be too.

I jumped the gun and thought it might be the fast twist 9 I've been dreaming about! ? No it's the V-22S. I guess I'm on the long wait list. Lol. MB you could just sell me the one you have almost wore out. Ha ha.

Doesn’t anyone think there should be a discussion on the V-22S. We can discuss new features, new barrels, new triggers and some old concepts like barrel indexing.

Great idea, I’ll start a new thread soon that covers the three lug action.

MB

Reactions: mercracing
High spot might be one description. The method was firing groups at different index points successively to find the lowest point of impact. This usually was the smallest group. Timing the threads was the challenge

High spot might be one description. The method was firing groups at different index points successively to find the lowest point of impact. This usually was the smallest group. Timing the threads was the challenge

Indexing barrels used to be the rage in the gunsmithing section, but anymore, if you see the need to index, find another barrel maker. This is why we don’t/won’t offer barrels that can’t pass our criteria and it’s why we order our blanks configured a specific way.

MB

Makes sense. Anything you can share on your specified configuration? Will the Flavio triggers you are being in be the same as the existing triggers?

Makes sense. Anything you can share on your specified configuration? Will the Flavio triggers you are being in be the same as the existing triggers?

Can’t share the config info and not following the question about the triggers, can you elaborate?

MB

Last edited:
Guys, I have an issue that maybe someone can help shed some light on. I bought a V22 barreled action, a TriggerTech Diamond trigger, and a KST Bravo stock. I installed the trigger,and then the barreled action in the Bravo chassis and set the trigger pull initially to 5 ozs. It passes the bump test, bolt cycling, etc. The issue I'm having is with the safety. When mounted in the Bravo chassis with the bolt cocked and safety engaged, the trigger will fire on it's own when I move the safety forward to the off position. I removed the barreled action from the stock to get ready to send the trigger back to TriggerTech for them to look at (their recommendation). Then I find that with the action out of the stock and the bolt cocked., the trigger doesn't fire when I move the safety forward, so I'm guessing it's not the trigger, but must have something to do with the fitment in the stock. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Last edited:
Guys, I have an issue that maybe someone can help shed some light on. I bought a V22 barreled action, a TriggerTech Diamond trigger, and a KST Bravo stock. I installed the trigger,and then the barreled action in the Bravo chassis and set the trigger pull initially to 5 ozs. It passes the bump test, bolt cycling, etc. The issue I'm having is with the safety. When mounted in the Bravo chassis with the bolt cocked and safety engaged, the trigger will fire on it's own when I move the safety forward to the off position. I removed the barreled action from the stock to get ready to send the trigger back to TriggerTech for them to look at (their recommendation). Then I find that with the action out of the stock and the bolt cocked., the trigger doesn't fire when I move the safety forward, so I'm guessing it's not the trigger, but must have something to do with the fitment in the stock. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

I think I had issues on my KRGs with trigger techs. I remember seeing marks on the chassis where the safety rode. ..

Maybe try adjusting the trigger up a bit, and see if it stops? On my Anschutz 1903, I adjusted the trigger too low, and had issues with my trigger, had to move it back up to about 6 oz.

Maybe try adjusting the trigger up a bit, and see if it stops? On my Anschutz 1903, I adjusted the trigger too low, and had issues with my trigger, had to move it back up to about 6 oz.
Another thought, try reducing the action screw torque a bit to see if that helps?

I would inspect the chassis closely and see if the trigger is rubbing somewhere. My guess would be that is the problem. If you find it is making contact somewhere a little dremel work should fix the issue. Also, as someone else has suggested try less torque on the action screws. I only torqued mine to around 30 in/lbs and it shoots great. A whole lot of torque really isn’t necessary.

This was a common condition with the J Allen as well. When you put the barreled action in the chassis, insert the action bolts and just take the slack out, don't torque them yet. Work the safety back and forth, put about 10 in lbs on the bolts, work the safety. If all is good, torque the bolts. If not, slightly loosen the bolts from the 10 in lb torque and settle/center the barreled action in the chassis.

MB

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
This was a common condition with the J Allen as well. When you put the barreled action in the chassis, insert the action bolts and just take the slack out, don't torque them yet. Work the safety back and forth, put about 10 in lbs on the bolts, work the safety. If all is good, torque the bolts. If not, slightly loosen the bolts from the 10 in lb torque and settle/center the barreled action in the chassis.

MB

Thanks Mike and everyone for the suggestions. I think the trigger is messed up. I got the safety to work occasionally when I put it back in the stock, but then the safety locked up in the engaged position. I took it out of the V22 action and it's still locked up, so I'm returning it today to TriggerTech warranty dept. in the USA for them to investigate the problems. Ed at TT Customer Service in Canada was great to work with, and said they would replace it with a new trigger.

Anyone here running a Huber 700 trigger? I am loving mine... I had a 2-stage at 1.6#, and then a 1 stage at 12oz. I just sent back the single stage and had John set it up to a 2-stage at 1.1#. Once I get it back I'll compare my timing on breaking shots between 1.6# and 1.1#.

I believe I can easily switch the 2-stage back to 1-stage and it should be around 8oz.

Thanks Mike and everyone for the suggestions. I think the trigger is messed up. I got the safety to work occasionally when I put it back in the stock, but then the safety locked up in the engaged position. I took it out of the V22 action and it's still locked up, so I'm returning it today to TriggerTech warranty dept. in the USA for them to investigate the problems. Ed at TT Customer Service in Canada was great to work with, and said they would replace it with a new trigger.

Yep, have seen that a few times with the TTs.

MB

Some fun in the very near future with the V22S and Muller blanks....

56922-BA5-6870-4-A91-9-B15-6-FFB866-C4-D90.jpg

MB
Michael, man, you're killing us.... drip, drip, drip... a little bit of info then wait a few days. Any chance you can share some performance data on the V22S in one of those drips?

Maybe like the Lapua test center data for a preferred lot of ammo so we can get an idea of how well it shoots? Group size for 5 shots at 50 meters/yards... Anything...?

I know you're enjoying this!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Michael, man, you're killing us.... drip, drip, drip... a little bit of info then wait a few days. Any chance you can share some performance data on the V22S in one of those drips?

Maybe like the Lapua test center data for a preferred lot of ammo so we can get an idea of how well it shoots? Group size for 5 shots at 50 meters/yards... Anything...?

I know you're enjoying this!

:LOL::ROFLMAO: Might you remember how this thread started back in 2017?

Insert evil laugh....

MB

I do believe that the "Head Skunk" gets more mischievous the closer his project, i.e., the product, gets to the finish line.

Performance information is the proof of the pudding ... once a few of these rifles get into the marksman's hands the fun will begin.

I'm sure looking forward to that day!!!

You guys are always such good sports....

MB

Reactions: marks_a18138