• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

A little more to do and it's out for CVD and PVD:

A7-ABD6-F8-EFCE-468-C-8496-C856-F670-F09-E-1-201-a.jpg

7-EDE6-EA0-E908-4-E7-D-B616-FDB92095-E845-1-201-a.jpg

AA849032-F453-4-C09-83-B5-64-CBEEB8-C42-D-1-201-a.jpg

MB

I like the 18" for the minimizing harmonics issues. What is your suggestion on best contour and length, for 50ft to 100 yards?

Hey DS, I use various barrel lengths based on what I'm doing with the rifle, but the distance I'm shooting doesn't impact my choice.

MB

Reactions: Dualsport
OK, I want the 18" MTU on my V22S action. Just wanted to make sure the longer bench rest barrel, had no benefit in accuracy.
I'll call it in later

Is there any chance of longer barrels for the new single shot receivers have a longer barrel over 20”?

MB:

If it not proprietary, what will be the Vudoo/Flavio trigger specifications for the V-22S?

M
Not at all a secret, the pull weight range is .7 to 2.8 oz.

MB
MB:

Thanks for the intel.

You said in a post when you observed benchrest shooting it was done free recoil and with the shooting having his/her thumb on the rear of the trigger guard and trigger finger on the trigger. Is that the conventional technique? Do benchrest shooters use a variety of trigger shoes and if so will you offer a variety? Or is one geometry greatly preferred?

Finally what precision do you expect at 50 yd and 100 yd with and without a barrel tuner?

Rick

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Is it the Flavio that’s currently available or something expressly for the V-22S

M

MB:

Thanks for the intel.

You said in a post when you observed benchrest shooting it was done free recoil and with the shooting having his/her thumb on the rear of the trigger guard and trigger finger on the trigger. Is that the conventional technique? Do benchrest shooters use a variety of trigger shoes and if so will you offer a variety? Or is one geometry greatly preferred?

Finally what precision do you expect at 50 yd and 100 yd with and without a barrel tuner?

Rick
Great questions! In the PS and probably other matches, it's not uncommon for folks to have their custom rifles in a one-piece rest, with free-recoil and using the "pinch technique". It's part of staying off the rifle so you don't affect the accuracy of the shot. Basically, once loaded, your left hand is on the adjustment knob for aiming, and your right hand has the thumb behind the trigger guard, and the trigger finger resting inside the guard until you're ready to shoot.

Great questions! In the PS and probably other matches, it's not uncommon for folks to have their custom rifles in a one-piece rest, with free-recoil and using the "pinch technique". It's part of staying off the rifle so you don't affect the accuracy of the shot. Basically, once loaded, your left hand is on the adjustment knob for aiming, and your right hand has the thumb behind the trigger guard, and the trigger finger resting inside the guard until you're ready to shoot.
Sorry, Professional Shooting League (PSL).

Had my Keystone Accuracy Vudoo V22 20" Benchmark with my custom 22LR Match Eachus chamber out today for the second time. I had it out Monday just to get some rounds down it, today was the first outing I really tested ammo for accuracy at 50yds. It did not disappoint with CenterX and SK RM..

Vudoo V22
20" Keystone Accuracy Benchmark M24
My 22LR Match Eachus Chamber
MDT XRS Chassis
MDT Cyke POD
Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage Flat shoe

Mike

I prefer a trigger pull of 5-6 ounces. Will there be an option for this?
Thanks

Mike

I prefer a trigger pull of 5-6 ounces. Will there be an option for this?
Thanks

HHHhhhhmmmmm, I need to figure this one out, but it's as simple as doing another trigger of a higher pull weight range. I've received enough requests for the higher weight that it shouldn't be a problem.

MB

HHHhhhhmmmmm, I need to figure this one out, but it's as simple as doing another trigger of a higher pull weight range. I've received enough requests for the higher weight that it shouldn't be a problem.

MB
Mike, could you just use a Jewell trigger on the new barreled action to get the 5-6 ounces some folks are looking for?

Mike, could you just use a Jewell trigger on the new barreled action to get the 5-6 ounces some folks are looking for?

Yes, but it'll have to use the old cocking piece. The advantage of the new fire control is the angled sear face is gone.

MB

Who on here has the most rounds down their original vudoo barrel and still hammering with it? I have been shooting mine about everyday for the last couple weeks and have 2050 on mine so far, has anyone with a ton of rounds down the barrel noticed any drop in accuracy?

I am as excited as a 10 year old at Christmas. I will see my V22L and my V22S in May!
Santa= Paul Parrot and Mike Bush! Been on the LIST for a long time, and it is now here!

what’s this v22L I keep seeing things about?

Ravage88,

Can you tell us what direction you are planning to go with the finish on the V22S action?

Yessir, the direction is a CVD type finish on the receiver and PVD on the bolt assembly. I'm pretty sure I have the material tied down for the bolt, but still playing with material for the receiver.

MB

What is everyone running for scope mounts or rings on their V22? Mine is sitting in purgatory with a 20 MOA rail. The scope I ordered is a Vortex Razor II 4.5-27x56. Does anyone have this combination or know of rings that are confirmed to clear?