• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Any chance of there being an offering for the AXSR chassis? The grip has my attention as that’s the only thing I hated about the rifle at work.

Well I just got my tax return...if you have one hidden. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the AX link isn’t working I was hoping there was “something” to that

Well I just got my tax return...if you have one hidden. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the AX link isn’t working I was hoping there was “something” to that

Gotcha, we don't have any hidden, but can order them.

Which AX link?

MB

What is everyone running for scope mounts or rings on their V22? Mine is sitting in purgatory with a 20 MOA rail. The scope I ordered is a Vortex Razor II 4.5-27x56. Does anyone have this combination or know of rings that are confirmed to clear?
So it depends on the chassis you’re planning on using. If you’re using an enclosed forend like on the AX chassis’s, you’ll need >30mm (1.18”) height. If you’re not using a chassis with an enclosed forend, I know my spuhr 4001 mount (it’s the 1.18” height) worked great on my bravo chassis but not so great on my AX. I run the 1.5” spuhr 4002 mounts on my AX’s so I can get the proper cheek weld and clearance for my scope caps. And this is with a 20moa rail as well

So it depends on the chassis you’re planning on using. If you’re using an enclosed forend like on the AX chassis’s, you’ll need >30mm (1.18”) height. If you’re not using a chassis with an enclosed forend, I know my spuhr 4001 mount (it’s the 1.18” height) worked great on my bravo chassis but not so great on my AX. I run the 1.5” spuhr 4002 mounts on my AX’s so I can get the proper cheek weld and clearance for my scope caps. And this is with a 20moa rail as well
Thanks a lot! It is setting in to a Keg Bravo. I will run down a 4001.

Reactions: Krob95
Thanks a lot! It is setting in to a Keg Bravo. I will run down a 4001.
DA5135C6-B2F3-4F84-AEF0-3961B2C93508.jpeg

for reference, while it’s not a gen2 razor, it does have a 56mm objective lol you’ll have plenty of room with the sp 4001 and some adjustability on the cheek rest.

In preparation for barreling a few V-22S actions toward the end of this week, I slugged, yes, you read that correctly, I slugged two Muller barrels alongside a few Vudoo/Ace barrels today. Oh my....

MB

Reactions: Krob95
Have you decided what benchrest stocks you are going to offer?

Yes Mike, more info. please. "Oh My"..... the dimensions are uniform all the way? Or it's tapered lapped and tight the last few inches? Or the chamber is so much tighter than the Ace chamber? Or it's not as uniform as the Ace barrels?

I think we are all dying to hear the full report. You can't do that to us in our fragile state.

Ok, you're right, but you guys have been quiet today so I had to wake you up and get the curiosity stirred a bit.

First, the Muller barrels I have on-hand are marked A and B, both are 5R and both are 16 twist. As agreed, Dan and Paul are keeping it a secret which ones are cut and which are button. Barrels C and D are enroute.

As I do with all projects, I create an outline that I test against and the V-22S project as it relates to BR and F-Class is no different. Parallel to the outline is a control. So, I've logged the findings of slugging barrels A & B today and I know where I'm going to cut them. I've also developed a theory about whether they're cut or button, but I won't focus on that as the outcome has to be results driven.

Now that all that's out of the way, what I see today is a lot of variation in the bore of both Muller blanks and they'll be cut at differing lengths, whereas the Vudoo/Ace barrels are as they've been from the beginning; incredibly consistent along the length of the bore.

To be continued fellas and thanks for letting me mess with you a little today :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

MB

So, after reviewing a few things from my time in the lab yesterday, I won't be using the two Muller barrels, marked A&B, for the V-22S builds next week. Instead, I'll be using a Vudoo/Ace and a really nice Shilen Ratchet. I'll take a good look at the Muller C&D samples when they arrive to see if Muller will be viable for what I have planned going forward.

MB

Ok trying to decide..ax or the JP. On the pictures it looks like the barrel on the JP is not centered floating with the hand guards? Anyone confirm if that is correct or not. Planning to put a larger can on rifle (9mm) for the looks, but if it isn’t centered that would make my OCD tick off forever...

So, after reviewing a few things from my time in the lab yesterday, I won't be using the two Muller barrels, marked A&B, for the V-22S builds next week. Instead, I'll be using a Vudoo/Ace and a really nice Shilen Ratchet. I'll take a good look at the Muller C&D samples when they arrive to see if Muller will be viable for what I have planned going forward.

MB
Mike,
I've fitted & chambered three of Shilen's ratchet rifled select match bbls on a couple of my CZ457s & a customer's CZ455. Their website says they're taper -lapped, so can be finished at various desired lengths...I've never slugged the bore of any bbl so far, so can't comment on the veracity of that statement, but all three of the ones I've done so far have shot very well, consistently. Krieger says the same thing about their 22RF blanks, and though my experience with them has been limited to four of their blanks(two on V-22s, one on a jelrod-converted 40XB, and one on the Stiller 2500XR that started me down the RF road) I'd lean towards giving some credence to their claim - all four of mine shoot really well. Whatever - having done such a piddling number of 22RF bbls hardly makes me an authority on the subject - I just know what I like. I'm very much looking forward to hearing from you on how the Shilen does...

Ok trying to decide..ax or the JP. On the pictures it looks like the barrel on the JP is not centered floating with the hand guards? Anyone confirm if that is correct or not. Planning to put a larger can on rifle (9mm) for the looks, but if it isn’t centered that would make my OCD tick off forever...
I had a JP LRP-07 & the barrel was not centered in the handguard on that. Not exactly apples to apples, but I hear what you're saying.

I had a JP LRP-07 & the barrel was not centered in the handguard on that. Not exactly apples to apples, but I hear what you're saying.

The fore-tube of the JP APAC chassis is designed such that the center-line of the tube rides below center-line of the center-section (where the receiver rides). This is to allow the tube to ride lower relative to the top of the receiver so one is not required to use taller rings/mounts on larger objective optics, so, no interference with the fore-tube.

MB

Starting the paperwork on mine tomorrow! Setting it in to a KRG Bravo that is already here. Fingers crossed no hiccups with the TT Diamond.
Same setup here. Got my Vudoo BA and Bravo last week. A419 had a delay with their TT Diamond trigger order, so still waiting on my trigger to arrive.

Ranges are due to start opening up again soon.

Finally, it's finished and in hand! 18" MTUish contour, Trigger Tech, McMillan A3-5, Vudoo DBM. First day results, Wolf Match Extra is a no go. Won't chamber 70% of the time. Tried it in all 04 of my mags. Switched to SK of various runs and Lapua of various runs. Feeding issue resolved! Switched back to Wolf at 600rds, again, no go. So Lapua and SK only so far. Will continue to try the Wolf as I put more rounds down range.
Wondering how much the Lapua testing facility will benefit the precision? Experiences? Thanks.

Mine was super tight with Eley products, Took about 1000 rounds to loosen up. A buddy is sending his back for repair. You'd break the bolt before most eley would go in his. Our actions are considerably different. Bolts, bolt release... About a month apart in purchase.

I got my rifle in February and it will not chamber Eley ammo well either. This really stinks since I have about 6k rounds of Eley ammo. It is a little better since I got it but I still wouldn’t consider using Eley ammo in a match. Right now I’m stuck with SK/Lapua ammo which I don‘t care for. I’m hoping that as I shoot the rifle more I will be able to feed Eley ammo. When Eley chambers correctly it shoots great you just need to really slam the bolt home to get it to chamber. For now I will keep shooing my Tikka in competition since it will chamber Eley ammo flawlessly.

Finally, it's finished and in hand! 18" MTUish contour, Trigger Tech, McMillan A3-5, Vudoo DBM. First day results, Wolf Match Extra is a no go. Won't chamber 70% of the time. Tried it in all 04 of my mags. Switched to SK of various runs and Lapua of various runs. Feeding issue resolved! Switched back to Wolf at 600rds, again, no go. So Lapua and SK only so far. Will continue to try the Wolf as I put more rounds down range.
Wondering how much the Lapua testing facility will benefit the precision? Experiences? Thanks.
This past January, I visited the Lapua Test Center in Ohio, which had recently opened. In discussions with the person that performs the testing, there are three rifle types that he consistently tests at the new facility. Custom BR Stiller-action rifles, Vudoo/Anschutz 54 action rifles and other brands. He told me that what he typically sees for 10 shot group sizes on these groups of rifles once they find a good lot of ammunition, is as follows:
- Custom Stiller Rifles - less than 13mm group size, center to center
- Vudoo/Anschutz 54 Action - 13-15mm group size, center to center
- Other brands of rifles - 16mm and up in group size, center to center

So, I suggest you try your ammo, 3-5 (10 shot) groups, and see where you are relative to these these measurements. If you have a lot that works well in your rifle, and gives you groups at or below the group sizes listed above, you may not benefit from a visit. If you're not shooting at those group sizes, then you might find a lot that works better than what you're shooting now, if you make the visit.

Another consideration if you send your rifle, or make the trip yourself with your rifle,
1) be prepared to make a purchase of several bricks, if not cases of ammo, if you find one that shoots small groups, or
2) be prepared to purchase some bricks of the lot that shoots well, but you will need to develop a process to test new lots of ammo that you will need when you start to get low on inventory of your tested lot. This involves buying a box of two of several lots, and then shooting groups with them (5 or 10 shot groups) and compare with the current lot you are shooting. If you find one that works as good or better than your current lot, then buy the new lot to replace the one you're shooting when you run out of inventory. One alternative to doing your own testing might be to send your rifle in for testing every year, and purchase the lot that works best in sufficient quantity to last you for a year.

Something to think about. I hope this helps!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
This past January, I visited the Lapua Test Center in Ohio, which had recently opened. In discussions with the person that performs the testing, there are three rifle types that he consistently tests at the new facility. Custom BR Stiller-action rifles, Vudoo/Anschutz 54 action rifles and other brands. He told me that what he typically sees for 10 shot group sizes on these groups of rifles once they find a good lot of ammunition, is as follows:

So, I suggest you try your ammo, 3-5 (10 shot) groups, and see where you are relative to these these measurements. If you have a lot that works well in your rifle, and gives you groups at or below the group sizes listed above, you may not benefit from a visit. If you're not shooting at those group sizes, then you might find a lot that works better than what you're shooting now, if you make the visit.

Another consideration if you send your rifle, or make the trip yourself with your rifle,
1) be prepared to make a purchase of several bricks, if not cases of ammo, if you find one that shoots small groups, or
2) be prepared to purchase some bricks of the lot that shoots well, but you will need to develop a process to test new lots of ammo that you will need when you start to get low on inventory of your tested lot. This involves buying a box of two of several lots, and then shooting groups with them (5 or 10 shot groups) and compare with the current lot you are shooting. If you find one that works as good or better than your current lot, then buy the new lot to replace the one you're shooting when you run out of inventory. One alternative to doing your own testing might be to send your rifle in for testing every year, and purchase the lot that works best in sufficient quantity to last you for a year.

RF99,
This is what I understand to be the case as well, and I'll add, ALL Vudoo's tested at any facility are fed from the magazine via a fixture I designed/made, the others are single fed. This is an important point to note as it relates to performance, etc.

MB

Last edited:
Nice, assuming you did the paint job on the Bravo. Nice job! Did you tape off the alum. backbone, or remove it before painting?

Yes. I did it myself. I taped off the bottom metal and trigger area, mag well and part of bedding block. Removed everything that screws on.

Reactions: jeronimo
Looks great! I might have to venture out to the hardwares store for paint. Did you clear coat it after painting? I'm waiting on my TT Diamond to arrive from warranty replacement (the safety stuck in the safe position), it was shipped yesterday. Athlon 10-40x56 should arrive Friday. Slowly getting there, and the range opens Saturday. Hopefully, I get to shoot it next week.

I got my rifle in February and it will not chamber Eley ammo well either. This really stinks since I have about 6k rounds of Eley ammo. It is a little better since I got it but I still wouldn’t consider using Eley ammo in a match. Right now I’m stuck with SK/Lapua ammo which I don‘t care for. I’m hoping that as I shoot the rifle more I will be able to feed Eley ammo. When Eley chambers correctly it shoots great you just need to really slam the bolt home to get it to chamber. For now I will keep shooing my Tikka in competition since it will chamber Eley ammo flawlessly.

I've read the V22 chamber was designed fo SK/Lapua ammo. I think Eley and CCI SV was the longest overall length of any bullet I measured, might explain why it's hard to close the bolt. It's probably pushing the lead into the rifling.

Reactions: Dualsport
I've read the V22 chamber was designed fo SK/Lapua ammo. I think Eley and CCI SV was the longest overall length of any bullet I measured, might explain why it's hard to close the bolt. It's probably pushing the lead into the rifling.
Good to know. Will use those in my Tikka then.

Looks great! I might have to venture out to the hardwares store for paint. Did you clear coat it after painting? I'm waiting on my TT Diamond to arrive from warranty replacement (the safety stuck in the safe position), it was shipped yesterday. Athlon 10-40x56 should arrive Friday. Slowly getting there, and the range opens Saturday. Hopefully, I get to shoot it next week.

Still need to add a few more details then clearcoat. I used the Rustoleum camo paint. For the money I prefer the Krylon stuff. Nicer texture.

Reactions: jeronimo

Were these group sizes at 50m or 100m?

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
I thought the test center measured outside to outside, not center to center?