• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Got my Vudoo out for the first time today.
Zeroed at 25 yards. Then out to 50 and 100. At 100 yards ran out of time and spotting tools to
tighten up the groups. Couldn’t spot where I was hitting. Will get back out later this week to get it tightened up. But really thrilled with the smooth feeding and action on this. What a pleasure this rifle is to shoot.

4B323035-6511-4DC0-A012-235AD1DF124B.jpeg
2FE2197F-C5B9-4AB8-921C-6155EFBAA880.jpeg
E6DFEA33-EF29-4E5C-96A6-608B5CB473F5.jpeg

C557EB7E-DF71-4C32-977A-F2E42B76B2C1.jpeg

No sir, not too late, just call the shop and they'll square it away for you.

MB

I keed. 🤓

This three pack gets me to 17 including my 12 rounder. Which I was able to load to 13. It cycled them the first time I tried 13 but had trouble with the first round the 2nd time. Anyone else getting 13 in there? I wasn't even trying. I loaded it up w/o counting and started looking for the missing round to go back in the box. I unloaded it and sure enough, 13. 🤠

Now if I can find your bore guide I misplaced and cannot seem to locate.:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Got my Vudoo out for the first time today.
Zeroed at 25 yards. Then out to 50 and 100. At 100 yards ran out of time and spotting tools to
tighten up the groups. Couldn’t spot where I was hitting. Will get back out later this week to get it tightened up. But really thrilled with the smooth feeding and action on this. What a pleasure this rifle is to shoot.

View attachment 7329393View attachment 7329394View attachment 7329395
View attachment 7329392

Those all look great.

Reactions: DROWN
Hey guys, for anyone who is interested I just dropped Dedicatedshooter a Vudoo magazine in the mail so he can make some Kydex mag carriers for it. He has an ad up down in the PX. I have been looking for one made for the Vudoo mag instead of just the AICS version. SAP has them but I like his a little more based on what I’m seeing. He has some great prices so you may want to take a look if you need one.

Do you like the design better or is it just the price? I prefer the design and quality of the SAP. You get what you pay for.

Right now I am basing my assumption on photos but I do like the design better. The ones I ordered are slightly flared at the top and have a more molded look. The SAP one look like they could be flared a little but it’s hard to tell. The ones I ordered just shipped out so I will see if the concept works as well in use later this week. I honestly don’t really care about the price that much. I will pay more for something if I know I’m getting exactly what I want. I can’t put my finger on what it is but something about the look of the SAP design doesn’t appeal to me. I was in the process of shopping for a different one and was just going to buy a standard AICS holster when the ones in the PX popped up. Ended up being perfect timing.

I am hoping I can pull the trigger on a V-22 barrel action soon. I know the ACE barrel is their barrel, but is there any advantage or disadvantages of it over a Bartlien?
I’m sitting in at least 6k of Eley contact I hope it would like enough for practices. Also luckily my Sister in Law lives in Columbus OH so I can eventually make a Lapua test trip.

Last edited:
I went with the Ace barrel myself and it shoots fantastic. I really think no matter which barrel you get it will shoot well.

I tried shooting Eley contact in mine and it shoots fantastic. It is just really difficult to chamber because of the shape of the bullet. If you are just shooting from a bench and not in a match against a clock it will probably not be an issue though. Anything made by Lapua/SK chambers and shoots beautifully though.

Reactions: 10ring1
I just use a ammo box my FIL gave me nearly 20 years ago. Works well for matches. All my mags plus a brick of ammo and then some. I usually keep my bolt wrapped up in there w/ the Weather Flow wind meter/weather station and the suppressor and the items in the storage tray on the lid. Going to continue to add mags and less boxed ammo.

I call it My Pot O'Gold.🍀

IMG_1173.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

And found my Vudoo bore guide. It was in my reloading drawer with my dies and calipers. 🤓

For anyone that has replaced the bolt knob on their Vudoo; what did you end up changing it to? MPA? Area 419? Other?

Is it a standard 5/16" thread?

Yes, it's a standard 5/16x24 t.p.i. my factory knob came loose and I figured before I used a little a blue loctite on it, that this would be the best time to change it.

Last edited:
Tried a favorite Impact steel ball knob, but felt too long, so went with A419.
Looking forward to trying a Vudoo ball knob, looks bigger with a shorter stem. TWSS. And they might do steel as well.

Tried a favorite Impact steel ball knob, but felt too long, so went with A419.
Looking forward to trying a Vudoo ball knob, looks bigger with a shorter stem. TWSS. And they might do steel as well.

I didn't see a ball knob on their site; it looks like the knobs they make are polymer with a threaded insert (at least that's how mine came).

In the V-22 single shot thread, MB talks about them, and you can find pics

For anyone that has replaced the bolt knob on their Vudoo; what did you end up changing it to? MPA? Area 419? Other?

Just waiting for @cannoncrossfire to give me the sweet, sweet swept back he's so good at making. I'm sure there's good reason we haven't seen one yet but I'm still holding out hope for one soon. 🤓

Reactions: DROWN
Does anyone know where to find some 15rd Vudoo mags at? I preordered a bunch at SHOT from mile high, saw Vudoo said they had them in stock last night, called mile high this morning but they said they have no clue when they'll see any. Canceled with them to go order direct from Vudoo and a
Now they're out of stock. @RAVAGE88

Does anyone know where to find some 15rd Vudoo mags at? I preordered a bunch at SHOT from mile high, saw Vudoo said they had them in stock last night, called mile high this morning but they said they have no clue when they'll see any. Canceled with them to go order direct from Vudoo and a
Now they're out of stock. @RAVAGE88
I ordered (2) 15 rounders from Vudoo 4 weeks ago and received them yesterday. There was a mix up with my order but when I called they took care of it right away. I would give Vudoo a call and ask what lead times are.

Shot with them for the 1st time last night, they ran great.

Just placed my order for a V-22.
I think the lead times are awesome for what is offered but it will be torture nevertheless. I can’t remember the lady’s name who took my order since I was in buying mode, but she was very nice and helpful. I really thought about buying a RimX, but in the end this platform has a amazing track record both with the rifle and staff. I decided to order a complete rifle and kept it basic.
I did the Ravage with Renegade stock in desert cam, 18in Kurki Ace in Vudoo Green and TT diamond with flat shoe and some extra mags.
I have a PST gen 2 5-25 FFP waiting for it’s arrival.
Thanks for letting me share my excitement here on the forum because I’m not saying a damn thing when I get home.

If anyone wants something to drool over, GA Precision has a Vudoo build ready to ship in a GAP camo A5 stock with a Bartlein barrel. OMG ... Beautiful! This reflects clearly on the quality of the Vudoo system to me.

They don't mention what chamber reamer they used on the Bartlein on that V-22. Have to wonder whether GAP bought it as a bbl'd action from VGW, or did the bbl work themselves. I kind of like the GAP camo pattern - that's my 1st V-22 in its original Manners T4A in molded-in GAP, with the PRS1-T stock it's in now in front of it.

Attachments

• DSC_1169.JPG
    DSC_1169.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 115
If anyone wants something to drool over, GA Precision has a Vudoo build ready to ship in a GAP camo A5 stock with a Bartlein barrel. OMG ... Beautiful! This reflects clearly on the quality of the Vudoo system to me.

This is $1k more expensive than a similar built directly ordered from Vudoo. The Gap rifle has the Ingenuity rail and is bedded, but that's not enough to justify the premium....Unless I'm missing something...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
At a certain point, money is not the determining factor ...
At a certain point, the performance of that rifle is not significantly better than most other Vudoo's either. For me, it's a price/performance ratio. I shoot a $1500 Anschutz 1903 in a Benchrest stock and I have the "small hole disease". My next rifle will push the price/performance ratio to my top end and will be a Vudoo or a Custom Benchrest rifle from Stiller or Killough. After that, the additional price will not justify the minor performance improvements I can expect.

At a certain point, it's not just about performance either ...

Totally get it but there are products in all price ranges for a reason. Sometimes it's performance based and sometimes it's just pride of ownership or "Cool Factor". A Perazzi shotgun does not perform statistically better than a Browning but is costs 3 to 4 times as much. Ask me how I know ... :)

Just have to say that Vudoo's turn around on shipping is outstanding. EVERY time I order, it's to me in less than a week. Doesn't matter, barreled action, mags, t-shirts, bore guide. If/when it's in stock, it's here. Probably seven or eight orders since late February. Considering the lock downs, it's doubly amazing. Thanks guys and gals.

Bore Tech too. Had my order in less than a week.

Tried 400 yards for the first time today. The wind was 15-20 quartering from my right shoulder. Been collecting dope and StrelokPro was dead on the elevation. Actual distance with range finder 416 yards. Took a little bit to get on target with the wind but did finally start to manage some hits and went home feeling pretty good. 16” plate
D95422CC-5493-4DF0-A8F4-5D06D43E4AEA.jpeg

Anyone have a picture of the “Vudoo Green” Cerakote?

Hello, first time responder here. I too have been wondering about the Vudoo Green color. I talked with VGW twice about this color and received two quite different color samples in emails from them. The chassis on the table in Andrews video is now a third color for Vudoo green. This was the color I was hoping to avoid when ordering a MPA BA. I will need to reflect, if this lime green is Vudoo green, about changing my selection especially since there is a $300 upcharge to get Vudoo Green. I spoke with Greg and Lisa and they were extremely helpful in placing my order, like old friends only the coffee was missing from the transaction. I have pored over the media pictures on Instagram without a real sense of what Vudoo Green looks like. I look forward to getting my Vudoo later in the Summer, in time for the Fall paper and steel season.

Reactions: ehaleyjr86
Having an issue with accuracy and my vudoo all the sudden. I have been shooting to 260 regularly and was able to consistently hit a 5” plate. I was out of ammo from previous center x lot and had just been shooting CCI and SK match still able to hit the 5” plate with it. I have 5 lots of CX to try and when I first got my vudoo I was able to shoot in the .2’s at 50 yards pretty consistently, Now I’m struggling to get .4 at 50 and something really happened at 260, I cannot even hit a 18” plate. I took the suppressor off and shot it without, no change, I changed back and tried SK and CCI. Still throwing rounds all over. Only thing I had changed was I cleaned the bore with hoppes #9, two wet patches, then a nylon brush wet about 15 strokes. Used vudoo bore guide, cleaned with dry patches. I have cleaned it this way about 5 times prior and it was just fine. I checked my scope and all is tight with it. Any ideas what could be the issue, seems very strange that at 50 I am at least still in the .4-.5 range but at 260 it’s like 3-4’ now.

Attachments

• B2D76021-3342-4741-901C-5432B7794A7A.jpeg
    B2D76021-3342-4741-901C-5432B7794A7A.jpeg
    897.4 KB · Views: 105
Sometime after a true cleaning you need a few rounds to “season” the barrel back and I guess the groove to find it’s place or whatnot. Are your shooting in the same place? Outside? Weather conditions?

Sometime after a true cleaning you need a few rounds to “season” the barrel back and I guess the groove to find it’s place or whatnot. Are your shooting in the same place? Outside? Weather conditions?

Yes, after the cleaning I was able to shoot the top two rows of the card board, so that was 50 rounds, before I shot for those groups I shot 10 rounds of CCI SV to reseason the barrel. Yes shooting in same location out of my basement window. There is a berm at 91/205/260

Same ammo?

Maybe clean it again. Double check the chamber and take a close look at the bolt.