Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2017
40 MOA base, 0 MOA rings?
Most scopes can handle the 40 MOA and a 25/100 yard zero. You could likely get 10 MOA rings for a total of 50 MOA and still zero. 60 MOA gets most over the ability to zero at 25/50 or even 100. I'd do just the 40 MOA base as most comps are not past 300. 40 MOA base should get you at least to 400. If you're planning on going out farther than that then you're gonna need more. Or you can spend the $$$$ on a Nightforce, or similar, prism which can be added in front of the scope using a Picattiny rail that moves your cross hairs another XX MOA without changing your scope other than confirming zero after adding the prism.

Defender3

Online Training Member
Hessian
Belligerents
Mar 8, 2010
Behind Enemy Lines
Nothing to see here but I thought I'd post anyways. I was RSO'ing again this weekend at Quantico so I didn't have a lot of time to shoot, but I did bring out the Know You Limits rimfire target to give it a try at 25y with the Vudoo V-22, in an AICS, with a S&B, shooting Center X. The rifle is sighted for 50y so it was a mil high at 25. A simple hold solved that challenge and the V-22 did the rest. 5-shots on the 3" all in the same spot and no issues going down the ladder to the 1/4" target. Hopefully I can get away from RSO stuff and actually get some time to shoot!

phlegethon

Major Hide Member
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2018
Does anyone know the ballistics of center x? I know Bryan litz looked into that and I’ve seen that page before but I don’t have the book
Yeah, Litz talked about that in the recent podcasts. The BC should be in most solvers, the bullet shape is pretty close to that of the G1 model. Finally, because it is subsonic, BC plays a smaller role in computing the firing solution compared to having an accurate initial velocity.

woorm

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2019
Finally got to break in the new vudoo. The one box of Midas I had it seems to like. 100yd groups averaged around .75.” CenterX was around 1.1”. Mostly vertical (I think I need to refine my technique). Really love the Mesa stock. Think it’s a perfect “crossover” stock. Hawkins bottom metal. Feeding was flawless.

However, I had 3-4 failures to fire with the center x. Like light primer strikes. They fired after re-cocking. Didn’t happen with any of the SK ammo or Midas. The bolt hasn’t been stripped or cleaned so I’m going to do that and see if it helps any.
I have just took mine out for the first time last week, I had the same problem, I emailed Vudoo they know about this problem they offered to send me a stronger spring and or the old style firing pin if I remember don't remember exactly I will be calling them tomorrow sounds like an easy fix. Not very happy about it I can tell you that. But it shoots so nice you kinda forget about it, till you remember what you paid for it.

Reactions: 10ring1

Eoddave27

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2018
Bel Air, MD
I have my eyes set on a Vudoo V-22 however I'm not sure what MOA base I should get. I'm going to be running a Viper PST Gen 2 on top and I'll be shooting from 25-300 yards. Will a 30 MOA base work? What rings should I get with it?
I have a Viper PST gen 2 on my rifle with a 40 moa base. I know the specs on the Viper say it has 20 mils of total elevation but I have nearly 24 mils of available up elevation on my scope. Because of the way the zero stop works I don’t know how much I have under my 50yd zero but it obviously can‘t be much. I have a 1.06” high MPA mount on this rifle which seems about right. You can go a little lower butIt doesn’t allow much room for the bolt handle to clear the magnification ring.

D0CD4E19-7405-4B6C-B058-83E6135D493A.jpeg

RAVAGE88

Vudoo, Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Somers, CT
www.vudoogunworks.com
I have just took mine out for the first time last week, I had the same problem, I emailed Vudoo they know about this problem they offered to send me a stronger spring and or the old style firing pin if I remember don't remember exactly I will be calling them tomorrow sounds like an easy fix. Not very happy about it I can tell you that. But it shoots so nice you kinda forget about it, till you remember what you paid for it.
Woorm, it’s an easy fix and if you’d like to discuss, shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to get it squared away quickly.

MB

rick137

Rifleman In Training
Hessian
Belligerents
Jul 31, 2014
Eugene, OR
At my request Tim "Moon" Roberts of Crescent Customs designed and fabricated a palm swell for the Vudoo 10 shot polymer mag and the 5 shot Al mag. Greatly improves the ergonomics for shooting standing offhand with a rifle having DBM bottom metal.

P1010023_DxO.jpg

rick137

Rifleman In Training
Hessian
Belligerents
Jul 31, 2014
Eugene, OR
Great idea! Are they available for sale? And ... will they be allowed in NRL22 along with a sling?
M:

Definitely available for sale. Just contact Moon at Crescent Customs. No idea if they are legal in NRL22.

In the photo the mag on the left is the Vudoo 5-shot Al, the center is the Vudoo 10-shot polymer and the right is a 5-shot .223 Rem Accurate Mag.

The weight of the Vudoo 5-shot Al mag is 0.49 lb alone and 0.81 lb with the palm swell. For the Vudoo 10-shot polymer mag it is 0.21 lb and 0.66 lb.P1010030_DxO.jpg

Dthomas3523

Hall Monitor
Staff member
Hessian
Commercial Supporter
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
Referring to the center x question.

I’ve found if you’re using a kestrel 5700 elite, you can leave the library settings with 1080(I think, I’d have to check) MV........and use the DSF function.

It will line everything up spot on. Just get your real world data, go through the dsf settings and it’s done.

If you don’t have the luxury of DSF, you’ll have to get your real world data and tweak MV, BC, and bore height to balance it all out.

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Belligerents
Dec 20, 2017
Tested some ammo yesterday. Midas, Center X, SK Rifle Match, SK Rifle Long Range. All shot fairly well but found that my suppressor is opening up my groups.:mad:

Not sure if just too dirty or the suppressor. Have an identical suppressor and will try it. But it looks like I'm shooting w/o a suppressor at the next match.

BTW, I think my best 10 round group was with SK Rifle Long Range.

Reactions: STex

Rimfireshooter99

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2019
Tested some ammo yesterday. Midas, Center X, SK Rifle Match, SK Rifle Long Range. All shot fairly well but found that my suppressor is opening up my groups.:mad:

Not sure if just too dirty or the suppressor. Have an identical suppressor and will try it. But it looks like I'm shooting w/o a suppressor at the next match.

BTW, I think my best 10 round group was with SK Rifle Long Range.
I have read several reports that say shooting with a suppressor negatively impacts your accuracy. An interesting test, shoot same day, same ammo, a target with the suppressor and then without, 5-shot groups, see what you get. Just a thought...

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
I have read several reports that say shooting with a suppressor negatively impacts your accuracy. An interesting test, shoot same day, same ammo, a target with the suppressor and then without, 5-shot groups, see what you get. Just a thought...
I have a post somewhere on here that supports that. While my avg was only a 1/10” larger with a can, 3/5 groups were just over 1”. All at 100yd.

pkt1199

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Mar 21, 2012
STL
The groups/measurements I posted a page back also showed a favoring to SK Long Range as well. They were all shot with a suppressor on and were good enough for what I want at 100, but to the above point I've not tried without the can.

In all honesty 3/4" is about all I can personally achieve and ask for. Centerfire I'd be looking for half or better but shooting tiny rimfire groups is much harder than centerfire IMO, particularly when you go to 100 or further out.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

KML7201

Hessian
Belligerents
Oct 15, 2018
NY
Light af. I’ll have to take it to MHSA and ask them to gauge it lol
From Triggertech:
Diamond Pull Weight:
1st stage: <4 to 20 oz
2nd stage: <4 to 24 oz

The instructions say it is set “near the middle“ of the range from the factory.

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
From Triggertech:
Diamond Pull Weight:
1st stage: <4 to 20 oz
2nd stage: <4 to 24 oz

The instructions say it is set “near the middle“ of the range from the factory.
It was set low af by the guy I bought it from. It was gently used lol

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
0E06DE0E-8F43-4E8B-9D1E-513A541E939A.png9E982AA6-9161-4173-8DFD-BE5D8F36BA58.png

First target was shot unsuppressed and had an avg group size of 0.61moa with the highest being 1” due to me sucking lol

Second target was shot suppressed with a TBAC 22TD with the avg group size of 0.86MOA. We dont talk about that group on the bottom right that looks like it came from a RPRR 🤭

Note that I haven’t cleaned my barrel in approx 1000 rounds, same with my can.

Ammo used: Center X
Test Rifle: Vudoo w/ 18” proof carbon barrel
Zco 5-27x
TT 2 stage Diamond
Aiax chassis
22 TD can
Random torque on action screws because I was rushing to get to the range.

Targets shot at 100yds and back to back, with the unsuppressed being the first 6x5.

This is the second time I’ve done this test this year and the results mirror the first time almost perfectly. I am shooting consistently 1/2” groups at 100yds with this rifle unsuppressed. But the suppressed groups aren’t too terrible either and will probably shrink a little bit with a good cleaning. The two tape holes were from verifying zero and trying to get used to the trigger since it was the first day with it. All in all I bet I could repeat this test daily and come up similar results. (Accepting ammo sponsers now 😂)

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
How’s the accuracy with the 17hmr at 50 and 100yds? And even 200yds if you have any data for that? I would like to add a 17hmr to my collection at some point for a more hunting role for p dogs.

RAVAGE88

Vudoo, Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Somers, CT
www.vudoogunworks.com
How’s the accuracy with the 17hmr at 50 and 100yds? And even 200yds if you have any data for that? I would like to add a 17hmr to my collection at some point for a more hunting role for p dogs.
The accuracy is pretty incredible. A user just posted his 100 hard targets on FB with essentially one hole and his hits on a Coke can at 600 are pretty impressive. Look for AJ Stewart on FB, he's the same guy with recent hits at 1250 yards with his Vudoo 22LR.

MB

• Wow
Reactions: J-Ham and Geno C.

Krob95

TFG
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2019
NoCo
The accuracy is pretty incredible. A user just posted his 100 hard targets on FB with essentially one hole and his hits on a Coke can at 600 are pretty impressive. Look for AJ Stewart on FB, he's the same guy with recent hits at 1250 yards with his Vudoo 22LR.

MB
😱 Thats incredible!

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2007
Wautoma, WI
So, back to my question, any chance of having extraction problems running the smaller rim of the 22lr in the 22mag action?