• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

4Certain, thanks for your reply and the good information on Wally's rests. (y)
I appreciate it, greatly!
I figured that the front one in your pictures was an older model as I don't remember seeing it on his site.
I'm interested in his 2400 and a mini rear-rest like yours.
Seems like most all quality rests have a waiting period nowadays but Wally's doesn't seem too bad.
I always pray for our country; it's needed!
Sagittarius , he still has the 1200 on his site. That is the front rest in my pics. It is a good rest. My guess is the 2400 is a step better. I am going to see if the 2400 top would fit on my 1200. Edit: Sagittarius, I did talk to Wally this morning. The 2400 Top can fit onto the 1200 base. I have ordered one. Will see how it works. Looks pretty good to me.

It is a good thing you are praying as we all desperately need to be... I fear for our Republic.

Let me know what you end up doing. Interested in how it works for you. What Rifle will you be shooting on it?
Blessings. 4Certain

Last edited:
... alright. More gratuitous pics. I learned a lot in my first NRL22 match so I made some changes to the V-22. New Manner PRS1 with full ARCA rail. Adjusted the scope to allow better use in non-standard positions (like on ladders and stuff ...). Made sure I have functional flush cups so I can use the SAP sling properly. And it just looks better ...

Hank likes it too!

... alright. More gratuitous pics. I learned a lot in my first NRL22 match so I made some changes to the V-22. New Manner PRS1 with full ARCA rail. Adjusted the scope to allow better use in non-standard positions (like on ladders and stuff ...). Made sure I have functional flush cups so I can use the SAP sling properly. And it just looks better ...

Hank likes it too!
What stock/chassis were you using prior and what "adjustments" did you make to the scope?

Looks great BTW.

Everything changes when it's on the clock. 🤠

Hank likes it too!
Nice looking Rig, MPrimo. Wonderful equipment for sure. Nice Pup Too!!

What Scope Throw knob are you using?
Thank you. 4Certain

So most of my shooting was off a bench so my set up had me too close to the scope to allow much variation in my head location for different positions. Whenever I practiced, I adjusted myself as necessary as time wasn't an issue. With the scope farther forward, I have more flexibility in head position (it seems) and can get set up faster. I also went to the ARCA system from a standard picatinny rail mount on my previous stock. It was a T5A that was great off a bench but the thumb hole limits flexibility in positional shooting and it was difficult to shoot with my thumb along side the stock. The PRS1 has a nice little thumb shelf on the right side. ARCA offers so much more capability and I can use it on a tripod as well. The throw lever and caps are from Aadmount.

Going to hit the range today to practice some more!

Let me know what you end up doing. Interested in how it works for you. What Rifle will you be shooting on it?
Blessings. 4Certain

I will let you know if I get a rest from Wally, 4Certain.
Right now, I need a rest for my Joe Chacon 10/22 clone at ABRA matches but have plans to get a bolt gun later on.
Either a Vudoo or RimX.

Hello guys, I have been stashing side money away and I'm almost to where I need to be to order the Vudoo that I think I want. My question is, What trigger do most of you guys like? I don't go to matches so I've never had the opportunity to get my hands on any of the nice triggers. I have some Timney triggers on a couple of hunting rifles now but I know nothing about the TT models or those Bix and Andy triggers. I want the pull to be no more than 1lb. This gun is just going to be a backyard, compete against my buddies type gun. I don't see myself going to any matches but I'm not saying its out of the question.

Hello guys, I have been stashing side money away and I'm almost to where I need to be to order the Vudoo that I think I want. My question is, What trigger do most of you guys like? I don't go to matches so I've never had the opportunity to get my hands on any of the nice triggers. I have some Timney triggers on a couple of hunting rifles now but I know nothing about the TT models or those Bix and Andy triggers. I want the pull to be no more than 1lb. This gun is just going to be a backyard, compete against my buddies type gun. I don't see myself going to any matches but I'm not saying its out of the question.
Trigger tech Diamond single or two stage it the route I would recommend. I’ve had nothing but good experience with mine in my vudoo and my impact and probably will never switch from them unless I buy an AI or Sako. The break is super crisp, the pull weight is super easy to adjust and just generally nice triggers. Only downside is obviously the cost but for the quality, I can justify it

Triggers are very personal. For me Bix'n Andy Tac Pro 2-stage with a flat trigger shoe. Very easy to adjust weight and super crisp. Go to Bullet Central to see range of first and second stage pull weight.

From what other posters say, seems TT and B&A are worthy competitors. Only way to know which you prefer for certain, unfortunately, is to try both. Most probably cannot go wrong with either.

Blessings. 4Certain

I will let you know if I get a rest from Wally, 4Certain.
Right now, I need a rest for my Joe Chacon 10/22 clone at ABRA matches but have plans to get a bolt gun later on.
Either a Vudoo or RimX.
Good evening Sagittarius. I was not familiar with Joe Chacon 10-22 so I did some searching. MOST IMPRESSIVE! Very nice rifles and sweet scores!!
I purchased a Kidd Super Grade earlier this year. I started with an 18" Barrel with a radial brake. Changed for a 20" barrel, not threaded, and put a tuner on it. So far it as done very well. I am going to try some Lapua ammo in it. Mine does not have a 'benchrest' type stock like the pics of the Chacon rifles I saw. That may make a big difference.
The Chacon guns are beautiful. Seems like a wonderful piece. What Action, Trigger and Barrel are in yours?
4Certain.

Reactions: Sagittarius
Hello,4Certain. My rifle does not have Joe's Benchrest stock; instead, it has one of Joe Updike's 10/22 chassis.
I had planned to shoot KYL matches with the rifle so a Benchrest stock was out of the question.
But when I got Joe's barreled action and put it in the chassis, the weight came to 15.4lbs so it was really too heavy for KYL matches, lol.

So, it looks like I might as well have ordered Joe's Benchrest stock after all as that's what it's best suited for.
It has a Tactical Innovations stainless steel receiver, a Power Custom bolt, KIDD 2 stage trigger, Joe's charging handle, a 24" Douglas barrel with Joe's own tuner.
Plus a Trijicon 5-50x56 scope in NightForce rings.
It's a great shooting rifle when I'm on and holding steady.
When I get around to getting a Vudoo or RimX action, it will automatically be sent to Joe to have a Shilen 24" barrel installed with another of Joe's tuners.

A not so great iPhone pic on abandoned hot tub.

Attachments

• 9204F8A7-38D1-427B-9806-2952C29FD621.jpeg
    9204F8A7-38D1-427B-9806-2952C29FD621.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: 4Certain
Hello,4Certain. My rifle does not have Joe's Benchrest stock; instead, it has one of Joe Updike's 10/22 chassis.
I had planned to shoot KYL matches with the rifle so a Benchrest stock was out of the question.
But when I got Joe's barreled action and put it in the chassis, the weight came to 15.4lbs so it was really too heavy for KYL matches, lol.

So, it looks like I might as well have ordered Joe's Benchrest stock after all as that's what it's best suited for.
It has a Tactical Innovations stainless steel receiver, a Power Custom bolt, KIDD 2 stage trigger, Joe's charging handle, a 24" Douglas barrel with Joe's own tuner.
Plus a Trijicon 5-50x56 scope in NightForce rings.
It's a great shooting rifle when I'm on and holding steady.
When I get around to getting a Vudoo or RimX action, it will automatically be sent to Joe to have a Shilen 24" barrel installed with another of Joe's tuners.
Sounds like a very sweet set up, Sagittarius! Very nice indeed!

I have been pleased with the Kidd gun. It is probably not as nice as yours. I do like Kidd's Supergrade Barrel set up. Rather than the 3/4" tendon on the barrel, the connecting portion is 1-7/8" long. It has an alignment notch so the barrel goes in and stays the same way all the time. It has two barrel screws, one at a 45 degree angle or so, that pushes the barrel up and back into the receiver. The other is at 90 degrees to the barrel. Great fit and finish and precise tolerances. I have been impressed with that aspect. I think your longer barrel will probably smooth out velocity differences better than my shorter 20". The only thing bad about the Kidd set up is it is unique to him. But I suppose a good gunsmith could look at the existing barrel and make a 'copy' of the tenon attachment portion.

Kidd's chassis is very nice. But he uses an AR style 'buffer tube' (obviously with no spring inside) and an AR style adjustable stock. Nice for plinking etc. But not stiff enough for Benchrest. I have put an A2 style stock on there with a bag rider on the bottom. It is more stiff, but certainly not as massively stable as a good Benchrest Stock.

I love the Kidd triggers. Very precise.

I have a question for you. A friend of mine worries about the 10-22 magazine and the bullets getting nicked or bumped as they go up the feed ramp and into the chamber. Do you think this is a issue? They are getting quite good groups for this to be happening. Or is there some special set up or mod being used?? Thanks. 4Certain

I have a question for you. A friend of mine worries about the 10-22 magazine and the bullets getting nicked or bumped as they go up the feed ramp and into the chamber. Do you think this is a issue? They are getting quite good groups for this to be happening. Or is there some special set up or mod being used?? Thanks. 4Certain
[/QUOTE]

4Certain, I have had problems with a few brands with bullets getting nicked and bumped but it was mostly because of Joe's tight custom chamber.
Joe exchanges the springs on the 10/22 magazine he sends with the rifle and it runs great but the other magazines have had trouble at times.
When I use various SK and Lapua ammo (which Joe recommends), there are almost no problems with any magazines.
Suggest to your friends to use SK and Lapua, unless they have already.

Apologies to everyone for getting off-topic on a Vudoo thread but, if I don't order their magazine-fed action, I do plan on getting one of their single-shot actions and sending it to a custom stock maker to put in one of his beautiful thumbhole stocks with an adjustable cheekpiece. :cool:

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Vudoo will do layaway. Order now, it will be at least 8-10 weeks. Pay in full before delivery. Check the website for details.

4Certain, I have had problems with a few brands with bullets getting nicked and bumped but it was mostly because of Joe's tight custom chamber.
Joe exchanges the springs on the 10/22 magazine he sends with the rifle and it runs great but the other magazines have had trouble at times.
When I use various SK and Lapua ammo (which Joe recommends), there are almost no problems with any magazines.
Suggest to your friends to use SK and Lapua, unless they have already.

Apologies to everyone for getting off-topic on a Vudoo thread but, if I don't order their magazine-fed action, I do plan on getting one of their single-shot actions and sending it to a custom stock maker to put in one of his beautiful thumbhole stocks with an adjustable cheekpiece. :cool:
[/QUOTE]
Sagittarius, I have enjoyed my Vudoo V22 Repeater quite a bit. I purchased it to shoot in our 'Tactical' PRS type matches. But I have also enjoyed seeing what I can do with it in our Benchrest and Mini-Palma shoots. I had been shooting Eley, but have started trying the Lapua ammo. The Midas+ seems to work well so far. I need to try it at 200 yards+. Hopefully soon. Pics reattached from earlier. Did pretty well in the benchrest this week. If the Hurricane(s) does not run us off I will try again this Thursday.

I need to try the Lapua in my 10-22. I have used that in our benchrest as well. Do you know if Joe sells the springs for the mags??

I have one of the Vudoo Single Shot guns on order. I ordered the complete rifle. I think it will show up mid to late September. We shall see... It seems determining the 'Birth Date' is not an exact science... 4Certain

Attachments

• 2020 8 20 Benchrest Target Vudoo 50 yards.jpg
    2020 8 20 Benchrest Target Vudoo 50 yards.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 114
  • Vudoo Bolt Side.jpg
    Vudoo Bolt Side.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Vudoo Left Side with Tuner & Bloop Tube.jpg
    Vudoo Left Side with Tuner & Bloop Tube.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 96
4Certain, I do not know if Joe sells the springs or not.
That was some excellent shooting with your Vudoo.
Look forward to seeing your single shot when you get it.
What type of stock are you getting with your single shot?

4Certain, I do not know if Joe sells the springs or not.
That was some excellent shooting with your Vudoo.
Look forward to seeing your single shot when you get it.
What type of stock are you getting with your single shot?
Sagittarius, I have ordered the McMillan Kestros Stock that Vudoo offers. I am certainly no Benchrest shooter. But it looks good to me...
I asked Mike which barrel he recommended. Between the Vudoo barrel and Shillen. He said that the Shillen was a great barrel but was more ammo picky. He felt the Vudoo barrel would like more ammo... That is the one I went with. Some may say that was a mistake. We shall see... I had one Savage FTR 223. It was Very ammo picky. What it liked it liked a lot. What it did not like, it really did not like it... I have another Savage M/10 223 in a McMillan stock that likes whatever you feed it. Little bitty groups. When I was selling equipment in order to purchase my Vudoo, the FTR was sold. Still have the other one...

I too look forward to seeing what I can do with the Vudoo Single Shot. My best guess is Mike Bush and the Vudoo crew have done a marvelous job on this rifle. It will be fun to put it through its paces. It will not be a Tricked out Gunsmith Special Benchrest Cannon, but it would not surprise me if they turn out to be good shooters... 4Certain

Reactions: Sagittarius
4Certain, the Kestros stock looks good to me too.
One of the reasons I mentioned getting a Shilen is because Joe likes them and the Douglas barrel with his tuner.
Since my present barrel is a Douglas, I thought I would try a Shilen next as I consider Joe's tuner a must-have and would prefer him tuning it to my barrel.
Personally, I'm very fond of Benchmark barrels but there are many that shoot well.
I'm sure, the Vudoo barrel won't be a mistake.

4Certain, the Kestros stock looks good to me too.
One of the reasons I mentioned getting a Shilen is because Joe likes them and the Douglas barrel with his tuner.
Since my present barrel is a Douglas, I thought I would try a Shilen next as I consider Joe's tuner a must-have and would prefer him tuning it to my barrel.
Personally, I'm very fond of Benchmark barrels but there are many that shoot well.
I'm sure, the Vudoo barrel won't be a mistake.
Sagittarius, from what I hear, everybody and his brother like Shilen barrels. He has an amazing reputation. 4Certain

A person cant go wrong with a ratchet. I can always make a couple calls and get a ratchet on the way. Usually it only takes one call to Killough.
Todd

Very interesting comment about Shilen barrels. Has it been determined why Shilen barrels are so ammunition sensitive?

Quantitatively, what is the 0.1 MOA difference at 50 yd between ammunition a Shilen barrel "likes" and "does not" like?

We have used most of the top barrels. The ratchet is the most predictable barrel to barrel and most forgiving ammo wise is what we have seen. There may be a a different rifling pattern that will have a slight advantage in push by wind but its minimal. We get off the self barrels so for consistency and availability its a ratchet. Why do you think the ratchet is more ammo sensitive than others?
Todd

We have used most of the top barrels. The ratchet is the most predictable barrel to barrel and most forgiving ammo wise is what we have seen. There may be a a different rifling pattern that will have a slight advantage in push by wind but its minimal. We get off the self barrels so for consistency and availability its a ratchet. Why do you think the ratchet is more ammo sensitive than others?
Todd
@todde:

If your post is a reply to mine, from the comment in post #6531 "I asked Mike which barrel he recommended. Between the Vudoo barrel and Shillen. He said that the Shillen was a great barrel but was more ammo picky. He felt the Vudoo barrel would like more ammo.."

I don't know nothin.

I asked Mike which barrel he recommended. Between the Vudoo barrel and Shillen. He said that the Shillen was a great barrel but was more ammo picky. He felt the Vudoo barrel would like more ammo...

I actually have no recollection of saying this. Of late, I’ve been quite impressed with what I’m seeing from Shilen.
MB

Reactions: rick137
I have a Shillen on my V22 and another shooter at our range has the Vudoo barrel. I can see no dipfference on target performance. Vudoo makes a great barrel. But I'm getting the shilen ratch barrel on my VSS just because.................

Last edited:
I actually have no recollection of saying this. Of late, I’ve been quite impressed with what I’m seeing from Shilen.
MB
@RAVAGE88
Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping you would verify, or not, the statement. And happy I ordered a Shilen for my V22S.

Rick

@RAVAGE88
Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping you would verify, or not, the statement. And happy I ordered a Shilen for my V22S.

Rick

Yep, Drew just sent a follow-up email and we figured out where the disconnect came from. He’s switching back to Shilen also....I just want to make sure everyone gets our absolute best....every time.

MB

Yep, Drew just sent a follow-up email and we figured out where the disconnect came from. He’s switching back to Shilen also....I just want to make sure everyone gets our absolute best....every time.

MB
In my mind that is the Vudoo Gun Works Mission statement " We want to make sure everyone gets our absolute best....every time."

Rick

MB
Thank you, Mike. I greatly appreciate your Professionalism and Commitment to Excellence and your Customers! You all are great. Thank you! 4Certain!

I think after this hurricane mess I’m going to have to send her off to get lot tested. And buy a few bricks...tired of “making do” with what I can get local when I know of can do much better.

**and maybe Vudoo will have the new AI chassis out and I can get a 2nd rig *looking at you MB*

I’ll prob get to atleast shoot some snakes as the water rises..

I think after this hurricane mess I’m going to have to send her off to get lot tested. And buy a few bricks...tired of “making do” with what I can get local when I know of can do much better.

**and maybe Vudoo will have the new AI chassis out and I can get a 2nd rig *looking at you MB*

I’ll prob get to atleast shoot some snakes as the water rises..
You should give SK Long Range a shot, I've got a couple bricks that shoot lights out. Better than my current bricks of Center X.

I am waiting for SK LR to come back in stock some where so I can try it in my Vudoo.

Brought home 3rd place Overall at the NRL22 National championship this weekend in Tennessee. My setup is A Vudoo V22 with a 20” Ace Barrel Kukri Contour. Lapua CenterX ammo lot tested at the test center, Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger. MPA comp chassis with internal weights and Gray Ops external weights, TLC Grip. I’m running Vudoo aluminum mags and a US Optics TS20x with JVCR Mil Reticle on a 40moa rail in a spuhr 4001 Mount.

Attachments

• 282D9493-9A44-4836-90B3-B6DED310E37B.jpeg
    282D9493-9A44-4836-90B3-B6DED310E37B.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 34AD4B84-5C84-4919-BB89-80F45E4AFAD8.jpeg
    34AD4B84-5C84-4919-BB89-80F45E4AFAD8.jpeg
    741.6 KB · Views: 235
Brought home 3rd place Overall at the NRL22 National championship this weekend in Tennessee. My setup is A Vudoo V22 with a 20” Ace Barrel Kukri Contour. Lapua CenterX ammo lot tested at the test center, Trigger Tech Diamond Trigger. MPA comp chassis with internal weights and Gray Ops external weights, TLC Grip. I’m running Vudoo aluminum mags and a US Optics TS20x with JVCR Mil Reticle on a 40moa rail in a spuhr 4001 Mount.

Awesome performance Chris....

MB

Congrats!

Just a little disappointed in VGW today. I have wanted a Vudoo V-22 rifle for awhile now. So I've read every thing I could find. Watched every Video I could find. Read every review I could find and read 6500+ posts on this thread. Then on June 10th I pulled the trigger and ordered my Dream Vudoo rifle. I was told it was going to be 10 or 11 weeks so I said OK. I called today to for an update as yesterday was 11 weeks. They checked and I was told it was at leas three more weeks. I asked what was the hold up and got a one word answer. Covid. I have no idea what they are waiting on.I still want the rifle though disappointed as I was set on waiting 11 weeks. Now I will hunker down dream for a least 3 more weeks.

I have never shot off an adjustable front rest. Do those of you who shoot your Vudoo off a front bipod or a front rest to get groups, get a better group one way or the other? Is there a significant difference between using a front adjustable rest and using a bipod?
Secondly if you are getting your best groups using a front rest, what are you using for a rear rest, a v shaped rear bag or a traditional squeeze bag?
Thanks. I'm still a relative noob to this.

I have never shot off an adjustable front rest. Do those of you who shoot your Vudoo off a front bipod or a front rest to get groups, get a better group one way or the other? Is there a significant difference between using a front adjustable rest and using a bipod?
Secondly if you are getting your best groups using a front rest, what are you using for a rear rest, a v shaped rear bag or a traditional squeeze bag?
Thanks. I'm still a relative noob to this.

What sport are you aiming to do? Benchrest? PRS? Shoot the way you would shoot in one of those sports.

I shoot prone with a bipod and rear bag for all of my groups. But that's also the discipline I'm shooting which is more PRS oriented.